Becton Has Foot Issue

KRL

42 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know why you're playing it down. My experience was a lot of pain. I was able to play ball through torn labrums in both my shoulders (different times) but the plantar fasciitis shut me down until it was fixed.

It’s a condition that effect primarily people over 40. This dudes a 20 year old professional athlete. Toss a damn lacrosse ball into a hot tub water abs Epsom salts and work the bottom of the heal with the lacrosse ball. Then put your  foot on an ice pack. Take a couple ibuprofen and get on the damn field. Geesh. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

It’s a condition that effect primarily people over 40. This dudes a 20 year old professional athlete. Toss a damn lacrosse ball into a hot tub of epsom skate and work te bottom 

He might be in his 20s, but his internal organs are telling him differently. Coach Saleh is big in nutrition and hopefully he can stop eating unhealthy.

• Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Thought it was plantar fascia that caused Sheldon Rankins to have 2 Achilles operated on.   Not sure but sounds familiar.  

You can typically have both at same time since they are attached but you can have one without the other: it was the inflammation of the Achilles’ tendon that probably brought on the surgery. Not sure if they necessarily lead to one another. Know I’ve had both at different times and I was back at the buffet table in no time. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I don’t know about you lot but I saw Becton start to believe his own hype in the last half of the season and it hurt him, injuries aside. Dude still has a lot to prove. No one cares about you if you can’t stay healthy. 

Precisely what I’ve been saying man. Fan base was gassing this guy ignoring the fact a major flag coming out of school was his weight and his ability to snack. Let him play at a high level for 16 games first. Baldinger wasn’t doing him any favors either.

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I had a plantar fascia problem when I was training for a half marathon and didn’t shut it down like the doctor recommended. If they caught it early and shut him down rest, orthotics and stretching should easily have him ready for training camp. Because I was a dumbass and kept training and ran the half marathon I had trouble with it off and on for almost a year.

And you probably don't weigh half as much as he does. Imagine the trouble that this could be for him...Or us really.

• Upvote 1

becton and mims both did not stay healthy or meet expectations last year-this year we were told with the new staff things would be different-if they both cant stay on the field again this year and both dont meet expectations it is time to judge them and our gm accordingly.   the team this year MUST play at a MUCH higher level and compete in most games-another 2-4 win season is not acceptable and would be a BIG failure

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bronx said:

He might be in his 20s, but his internal organs are telling him differently. Coach Saleh is big in nutrition and hopefully he can stop eating unhealthy.

What was the name of the poster always giving weather updates? Well… you are parallel universe health guru version of him?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I cannot take this any more.  Would you people PLEASE STOP BITCHING.  This is JUNE.  He is still working out and in all the class sessions.  The kid is a developing player.  Last year he received ZERO coaching from a conditioning stand point.  He is a mountain of a man who is a tremendous athlete for his size.  He has had a number of nagging injuries in his pro.career but nothing serious.  He was not injured during his.college career. Does he need to get in better shape? Absolutely but his having planter fasciitis is not necessarily weight related.  I had and just need to wear Orthotics and was fine a few weeks later.   Please, please just give the kid a break.  If he is hurt in camp or preseason then I get it but OTAs?   Salem doesn't seem to concerned so why is everyone freaking out?

Would you mind sharing your age? Hmmm?

33 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I cannot take this any more.  Would you people PLEASE STOP BITCHING.  This is JUNE.  He is still working out and in all the class sessions.  The kid is a developing player.  Last year he received ZERO coaching from a conditioning stand point.  He is a mountain of a man who is a tremendous athlete for his size.  He has had a number of nagging injuries in his pro.career but nothing serious.  He was not injured during his.college career. Does he need to get in better shape? Absolutely but his having planter fasciitis is not necessarily weight related.  I had and just need to wear Orthotics and was fine a few weeks later.   Please, please just give the kid a break.  If he is hurt in camp or preseason then I get it but OTAs?   Salem doesn't seem to concerned so why is everyone freaking out?

zcards-crumbling-1.gif?resize=436,554&ss

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Excess meat and animal products can cause inflammation on the body (heme protein, Neu5Gc). Also, simple carbohydrates (soda, soft drinks, cakes, bread, cereals, wheat) will alter your glucose, insulin, your nervous system and other critical organs.

Simple carbs, such as table sugar, white bread, sugary drinks are refined, which means the natural minerals vitamins, and fiber content is removed. This makes simple carbs a source of quick energy but little nutritious value, which is why there are sometimes referred to as "empty calories.".Sugar. Sugar is the simplest form of carbohydrate. https://www.delightedcooking.com/what-are-simple-carbohydrates.htm

Becton, you have the obligation for yourself # 1, to prioritize your health. Secondly, as a professional athlete, you should have the commitment during the off season to stay in shape. If you want a longer and healthier life, star making changes. Ensure you are taking all necessary minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Get your D3 from the sun. Start eating greens and stay off the simple carbohydrates.

We as fans, are extremely excited to see a strong OL, but without your health, it is just a pipe dream for us long suffering fans. 

I wish you a speedy recovery and start changing your lifestyle.

STOP IT he's 22 years old. 

If you expect him to eat  like a 50 year old man who also takes Geritol daily it isn't going to happen. 

He's a big kid with a big appetite. 

Just because he injured his foot means nothing about his diet. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If you expect him to eat  like a 50 year old man who also takes Geritol daily it isn't going to happen. 

That's an ignorant statement. Get educated on the subject, learn about inflammatory molecules and the effect on the body. All diseases are caused by inflammation.

Are you taking Geritol? Is it working for you? Isn't this sort of childish? I even tried giving you advice before. Knock it off man.

Also, there are many kids nowadays that have pre diabetes. Get educated man.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

But the only reason that his foot is injured is because he tried eating it.....

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I almost spit out my coffee (don't worry, the wine is chilling) reading "Geritol".   Goin' back to the Lawrence Welk Show days, huh, JW?  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Lol at all these idiodic posts thinking Becton is overweight or out of shape based on a Rich Cimini where he provides no proof. 

Plantar fasciitis isn't based on weight. 

Saleh did imply on his statement about his weight. 

20 minutes ago, Bronx said:

That's an ignorant statement. Get educated on the subject, learn about inflammatory molecules and the effect on the body. All diseases are caused by inflammation.

Are you taking Geritol? Is it working for you? Isn't this sort of childish? I even tried giving you advice before. Knock it off man.

Also, there are many kids nowadays that have pre diabetes. Get educated man.

Listen Dr Oz you are not an educated trained medical professional or even a nutritionist. 

So what you attended a 2 hour seminar to sell powdered drink mixes. 

No I don't take Geritol. 

Your false accusations about Mekhi Becton are disturbing. 

He's 22 years old an NFL rookie with a pocket load of cash I don't expect him to eat healthy. 

Once again a foot injury so what. 

NFL football is a rough game very physically demanding of the body mind and soul injuries happen. 

The kid is 6' 7" 

• Haha 1