Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

plantar fasciitis can really suck. Feels like you're stepping on a nail every step. 

Reality is that Becton needs to lose 40 pounds. It won't affect his power, will make him faster and will greatly decrease the stress on his joints.

I cannot take this any more.  Would you people PLEASE STOP BITCHING.  This is JUNE.  He is still working out and in all the class sessions.  The kid is a developing player.  Last year he received ZERO

Posted Images

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Joe Douglas’ grade of C for the 2020 draft has now become a D. 

SAR I

Its not a good look when the LT you passed on has a superbowl ring and your pick played less snaps than Sam Darnold (who missed a month). 

 

...and reading other posts in this thread, I'll go ahead and state quite clearly that I'm glad you're here Sar, and don't ever leave. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Donovan Smith was the LT of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last season.  Even when Smith missed a game while on the COVID list last season (Week 14 against the Vikings), it was Josh Wells who filled in at LT, not Wirfs.  And mind you, Wells was a 2014 UDFA on his 2nd team who only had started 11 games previously over his 6-year career, all of them at RT.  The Bucs opted to give Wells his first career start at LT in replacing Smith rather than letting their 1st round OT give it a shot.

Tristan Wirfs played RT, and will continue to be a RT until he proves he can play LT.  That fact alone makes him less valuable than Mekhi Becton until otherwise noted.

And while Smith and Wirfs certainly both played a big role in the Bucs' success last season, I'd say Tom Brady, Bruce Arians and the TB defense get the lion's share of the credit, no?  Put a lot of those pieces on the Jets last year and Becton would have looked even better. 

Becton, when on the field, dominated on the 2nd worst team in the NFL.  Is that not impressive?  If he continues to miss games over the course of the season, that will be a problem.  But let's wait to cross that bridge first.  And let's also see Wirfs play some LT before saying Becton was the wrong pick as well.

He plays great. No doubt. But Connor McDermott plays horribly, and that's kinda the point. It's becoming evident that the size everyone marveled at 12 months ago, may in fact be a detriment. 

Edit.. we would've had Wirfs at LT had he been the choice, I have no doubt,

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Donovan Smith was the LT of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last season.  Even when Smith missed a game while on the COVID list last season (Week 14 against the Vikings), it was Josh Wells who filled in at LT, not Wirfs.  And mind you, Wells was a 2014 UDFA on his 2nd team who only had started 11 games previously over his 6-year career, all of them at RT.  The Bucs opted to give Wells his first career start at LT in replacing Smith rather than letting their 1st round OT give it a shot.

Tristan Wirfs played RT, and will continue to be a RT until he proves he can play LT.  That fact alone makes him less valuable than Mekhi Becton until otherwise noted.

And while Smith and Wirfs certainly both played a big role in the Bucs' success last season, I'd say Tom Brady, Bruce Arians and the TB defense get the lion's share of the credit, no?  Put a lot of those pieces on the Jets last year and Becton would have looked even better. 

Becton, when on the field, dominated on the 2nd worst team in the NFL.  Is that not impressive?  If he continues to miss games over the course of the season, that will be a problem.  But let's wait to cross that bridge first.  And let's also see Wirfs play some LT before saying Becton was the wrong pick as well.

Wirfs played every snap in all 20 games and dominated. Becton has a long way to go to be that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, freestater said:

Its not a good look when the LT you passed on has a superbowl ring and your pick played less snaps than Sam Darnold (who missed a month). 

 

...and reading other posts in this thread, I'll go ahead and state quite clearly that I'm glad you're here Sar, and don't ever leave. 

Would help if the LT you passed on actually played LT though

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Plantar fasciitis treatment

Home treatments like rest, icing, and using braces and anti-inflammatory drugs are often the first ways to treat plantar fasciitis. If those don’t ease the pain, an injection of a corticosteroid directly into the damaged section of the ligament can help. Your doctor can do this in their office.

 

 

why are you all in a fuss ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, freestater said:

Its not a good look when the LT you passed on has a superbowl ring and your pick played less snaps than Sam Darnold (who missed a month). 

 

...and reading other posts in this thread, I'll go ahead and state quite clearly that I'm glad you're here Sar, and don't ever leave. 

Doesn't that left tackle play right tackle for the bucs? Honest question I forget if he moved over or not.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Plantar fasciitis treatment

Home treatments like rest, icing, and using braces and anti-inflammatory drugs are often the first ways to treat plantar fasciitis. If those don’t ease the pain, an injection of a corticosteroid directly into the damaged section of the ligament can help. Your doctor can do this in their office.

 

 

why are you all in a fuss ?

Because apparently missing otas is a huge issue. If this is an issue during training camp then we might have a problem. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, joewilly12 said:

Medical charts say a 6' 7" person should weigh 242. 

Mekhi Becton wouldn't be in the NFL if he followed this advice. 

most players wouldn't be in the NFL if they followed that chart.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Never watched any Hawkeye football i take it?

He played 3 games at LT and 10 at Right Tackle in 2019. 2018 he played RT for 12 games. He played RT all 20 games in 2020. So in the past 3 seasons or 45 games he played 93.3% of his games at RT or 6.7% at LT.
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Larz said:

Plantar fasciitis treatment

Home treatments like rest, icing, and using braces and anti-inflammatory drugs are often the first ways to treat plantar fasciitis. If those don’t ease the pain, an injection of a corticosteroid directly into the damaged section of the ligament can help. Your doctor can do this in their office.

 

 

why are you all in a fuss ?

Because as someone who has had it before, it can turn into a nagging issue. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

Because apparently missing otas is a huge issue. If this is an issue during training camp then we might have a problem. 

Big guys can have nagging foot issues, no doubt, but yes let’s wait and see 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Again. The issue with me isn't the injury. It's the fact that he realized at the end of last year, losing 30lbs would be a smart thing for him to do. With all the best facilities and trainers available to him, he came to camp, not losing a pound. He needs to become a more responsible professional. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

Doesn't that left tackle play right tackle for the bucs? Honest question I forget if he moved over or not.

Left tackle right tackle who gives a sh*t

  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, freestater said:

Never watched any Hawkeye football i take it?

I thought we were talking about Tampa?  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I thought we were talking about Tampa?  

 

You may have been. I was talking about when he was still a prospect and we were on the vlock with a decision to make. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, freestater said:

Its not a good look when the LT you passed on has a superbowl ring and your pick played less snaps than Sam Darnold (who missed a month). 

 

...and reading other posts in this thread, I'll go ahead and state quite clearly that I'm glad you're here Sar, and don't ever leave. 

He's a RT. Not a LT. 

And let's not compare situations. 

Becton's QB in Sam ranked 42nd in QB Rating (worse than most backups). 

Wirfs QB just won his 7th Super Bowl (more rings than, Michael Jordan). 

It's also 10x easier to play RT for a HOF QB in Brady who gets the ball out quicker than anyone - than it is to play LT for two JAG QBs in Sam/Joe. 

I live in Tampa Bay (St. Petersburg). And Buccaneer fans aren't talking about "Wirfs" because they're too busy raving about TB12, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown, Gronk, Fournette and Ronald Jones, Lavonte David, Suh, Shaq Barrett, Bruce Arians and TODD BOWLES. 

And stop talking Sam Darnold snaps. Because he finished with like 20 more snaps than a rookie in Becton. They both missed 1 month of play. Sam 4 games and Becton 4 games (two missed and two pulled early). 

And Becton's "snap count" would've been much higher if A.) Played with Tom Brady who could move the chains and keep the ball and B.) Didn't have to watch from the sidelines a crap Defense who couldn't get off the field. 

The rookie played in 14 games (left two early) but yet Jet fans acting as if he missed the entire season and/or as if injuries don't happen in Football and/or as if Becton didn't miss his Rookie off-season due to a covid-19 pandemic etc. 

I could create a list of 20 HOF players who had fewer snap counts then Becton did during their ROOKIE SEASON. 

Congratulations to Wirfs for riding the jockstrap of 7x Champ Tom Brady? Nice to know. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

could create a list of 20 HOF players who had fewer snap counts then Becton did during their ROOKIE SEASON

..and I could come up with a list of a thousand scrubs who did. Way to stay on brand with irrelevant nonsense. 

Let me know how much it doesn't matter when Connor McDermott is protecting Zach Wilson's blind side for a few games. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freestater said:

You may have been. I was talking about when he was still a prospect and we were on the vlock with a decision to make. 

He was projected by many to the right side, some even had him projected as a G

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, freestater said:

..and I could come up with a list of a thousand scrubs who did. Way to stay on brand with irrelevant nonsense. 

Let me know how much it doesn't matter when Connor McDermott is protecting Zach Wilson's blind side for a few games. 

It's 100x easier to play RT for the 🐐 Tom Brady than it is to play LT for 2 absolute crap QBs in Sam and Joe. 

Wirfs was hidden @ RT and protected by the likes of an All Star lineup with Brady/Mike Evans/Chris Godwin/Antonio Brown/Fournette and Jones and Rob Gronk. 

No comparison.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, freestater said:

He plays great. No doubt. But Connor McDermott plays horribly, and that's kinda the point. It's becoming evident that the size everyone marveled at 12 months ago, may in fact be a detriment. 

Edit.. we would've had Wirfs at LT had he been the choice, I have no doubt,

Again, if he misses games this year I’ll be concerned too.  Until then, let’s give him the benefit of the doubt, shall we? Last year was weird.  There’s a new, better coaching staff and training staff.  It’s early June. Let’s try to be a little patient.  

And maybe Wirfs would have played LT here. We’ll never know that. All we do know is Douglas felt Becton was a better LT prospect than Wirfs, and we also know that Wirfs has yet to play a down at LT in the NFL. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Doesn't that left tackle play right tackle for the bucs? Honest question I forget if he moved over or not.

He never did.  Donovan Smith even missed a game in Week 14 when he was out on the COVID list, and they put Josh Wells at LT, a guy with 11 career starts prior, none of them at LT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, freestater said:

Never watched any Hawkeye football i take it?

Why didn’t Arians put him at LT Week 14 when Smith was out, with all that collegiate LT experience? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only June 6th and some of you guys in regards to Becton sound like absolute 🤡's right about now. 

Robert Saleh on Mekhi Becton...

(word for word)

"Becton's dealing with a foot and its nothing that needs surgery it's really not that big of a deal but as you guys all know he's a very large human being so we've asked him to stay off of his feet so we keep him inside during practice but he's been in meetings he's been doing workouts he's been doing all that; so he's fine". 

Mekhi's own head coach makes it known he doesn't need surgery, not a big deal, they've asked him to take it easy, he's been working out and he's absolutely fine.

Etc. 

But yet drama queen Jet fans during June are acting as if "the sky is falling, he needs surgery, he's been away from the team and he's not fine". 

🤡 🤡 🤡

PS: Becton played in 12 full games as a rookie and (outside of the 4 games missed) he was the most dominant Jets player that I've watched since Revis. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again, if he misses games this year I’ll be concerned too.  Until then, let’s give him the benefit of the doubt, shall we? Last year was weird.  There’s a new, better coaching staff and training staff.  It’s early June. Let’s try to be a little patient.  

And maybe Wirfs would have played LT here. We’ll never know that. All we do know is Douglas felt Becton was a better LT prospect than Wirfs, and we also know that Wirfs has yet to play a down at LT in the NFL. 

Jets fans always pull this stunt and actually label a player as "injury prone" if they ever get hurt and miss a couple games during their rookie seasons. 

It's horse crap. 

I've never been a fan of Maye but these guys did the same to Marcus Maye.

And all because he missed 10 games as a 2nd year player (2018).

These sharks within the waters immediately labeled him as "injury prone".

They forgot to mention how the kid played all 16 games as a Rookie (2017).

and since Football is a physical and often violent sport?

They were too clueless to realize that Maye would recover from INJURY; only to play every single game throughout the following 2 years (2019 and 2020).

 In regards to Becton? He played in 12 full games as a rookie last year and that's even after never missing a single game throughout his 3 year NCAA career due to injury heck man the kid never even committed a single Offensive Penalty throughout his 3 year Louisville Slugger career. 

He never missed a game due to "injury" throughout 3 years of college ball and as a rookie plays 12 full games. But now he's "injury prone"?

This is freaking mind boggling and absolutely disgusting; they should be ashamed of themselves. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, genot said:

Again. The issue with me isn't the injury. It's the fact that he realized at the end of last year, losing 30lbs would be a smart thing for him to do. With all the best facilities and trainers available to him, he came to camp, not losing a pound. He needs to become a more responsible professional. 

Says who?  Who says at 337 lbs he wouldnt have the same injury?  Anyone saying this anywhere other than fans on a Jet board?

Losing 100 lbs would be beneficial too but hes not doing it.  We have 330 lbs all over the roster, none at 6' 7", thats why he weighs what he weighs, hes a mountain of a man.  

The idea from some, not saying you, that its because hes lazy is ridiculous.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...