Becton Has Foot Issue

KRL

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Says who?  Who says at 337 lbs he wouldnt have the same injury?  Anyone saying this anywhere other than fans on a Jet board?

Losing 100 lbs would be beneficial too but hes not doing it.  We have 330 lbs all over the roster, none at 6' 7", thats why he weighs what he weighs, hes a mountain of a man.  

The idea from some, not saying you, that its because hes lazy is ridiculous.

In a perfect world not related to football, sure Becton should lose some weight for the health benefits.

He doesnt look to be insanely overweight out on the field though. He looks proportionaly (sp?) fine to me.

15 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

In a perfect world not related to football, sure Becton should lose some weight for the health benefits.

He doesnt look to be insanely overweight out on the field though. He looks proportionaly (sp?) fine to me.

Looking proportionate is great and all, but that doesn’t negate the additional weight that his joints, etc have to deal with.  In basketball, taller players deal with joint issues all the time, and they don’t even have the added weight.  

There is a new athletic care & performance department started by Saleh which was supposed to increase the level of individual care and attention towards all players in an effort to reduce overall injuries.

I wonder how much of asking Becton to sit out now is coming from the recommendations of that newly formed department…

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Looking proportionate is great and all, but that doesn’t negate the additional weight that his joints, etc have to deal with.  In basketball, taller players deal with joint issues all the time, and they don’t even have the added weight.  

Read my first sentence

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Says who?  Who says at 337 lbs he wouldnt have the same injury?  Anyone saying this anywhere other than fans on a Jet board?

Losing 100 lbs would be beneficial too but hes not doing it.  We have 330 lbs all over the roster, none at 6' 7", thats why he weighs what he weighs, hes a mountain of a man.  

The idea from some, not saying you, that its because hes lazy is ridiculous.

The more you weigh, the more stress is put on all your joints. Carrying less weight can do nothing but improve endurance and lessen the stress on his body. If he can shed some pounds, he should do it. Can't hurt. Might help.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Ok?  What does that have to do with my response?

Because your response was equal to my thought in my first sentence. 

OBVIOUSLY he is putting more stress on his joints, and will more than likely have more issues in the future along those lines. I only pointed out that he looks like he fills out his frame well, and is not obese looking out there. (Wilfork-ish)

24 minutes ago, genot said:

The more you weigh, the more stress is put on all your joints. Carrying less weight can do nothing but improve endurance and lessen the stress on his body. If he can shed some pounds, he should do it. Can't hurt. Might help.

Again, hes a huge man.  Who has said he has to be 30 lbs lighter and that those 30 lbs had anything in the world to do with his injury.  Skinny normal people get it too, as some here have posted, I'm betting none of them are 6' 7" and 365 lbs

Being a fan claiming he needs to lose an arbitrary number like 30 lbs means doesnt make it right

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, hes a huge man.  Who has said he has to be 30 lbs lighter and that those 30 lbs had anything in the world to do with his injury.  Skinny normal people get it too, as some here have posted, I'm betting none of them are 6' 7" and 365 lbs

Being a fan claiming he needs to lose an arbitrary number like 30 lbs means doesnt make it right

The number is meaningless I agree. But it’s obvious he needs to shed weight.

• Upvote 2

On 6/4/2021 at 11:53 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

Not encouraging. He needs to drop 20 pounds.

Stuff like this is concerning. Being that huge is an occupational hazard before it's an occupational hazard. Agreed that he needs to lose a few pounds. His $175K gold necklace is probably weighing him down. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The number is meaningless I agree. But it’s obvious he needs to shed weight.

Based on what, how do any of us know that.  Hes 6' 7" carries more weight on that frame than a 6' 4" lineman who weighs 330.  If he was 6' 4" and weighed 330 he could have the same injury history   

It football, players get injured

Just now, Matt39 said:

Having eyes?

Which proves what, that you see an injury to a really big man and see weight loss as a cure?  There have been big OL who had relatively few injuries and smaller/lighter OL who injury riddled careers

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Which proves what, that you see an injury to a really big man and see weight loss as a cure?  There have been big OL who had relatively few injuries and smaller/lighter OL who injury riddled careers

He's pushing 400lbs man. He looks awful. Guy needs to control his eating and focus on being a pro if he wants to last.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He's pushing 400lbs man. He looks awful. Guy needs to control his eating and focus on being a pro if he wants to last.

As NFL players, the prospect of living a long, healthy life are greatly diminished.  Head trauma and other stresses during their playing days just ravage the body.  Now add a mega-ton of weight into that already dangerous situation?  Not a good idea.  

"Big man" or not, no one should be four bills at his age.  He's young so most likely doesn't want to hear it.  But now is the time for him to take control of his weight/health.  As any doctor will attest, you don't see 400 pound 70 or 80 year-olds.   Folks like that are lucky to live into their late 50s.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He's an unbelievable athlete so there's no doubt he has the ability to get in better shape. His job is to work out. He's making an unfathomable about of money, get a chef, diet person whatever. There's no point in talking about it anymore...either he's going to get the message or he's going to have a short career.

Reminds me of the dopes who have a team limo/town car at their disposal if they are out and inebriated.  Yet, decide to drive anyway.

Totally agree with you that with all his money, Becton could adopt a Tom Brady regimen today, becoming a healthier person and player who will last a lot longer in the NFL.   I would kill to have a personal nutritionist/chef/trainer.  On his current trajectory, Becton's longevity as a player does not look too promising. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No hes not, hes 367, that 33 lbs under 400.  And hes pushing 7"?? 

The last line says it all.  Not only have you determined how much he needs to weigh you've also determined that he needs to control his eating and focus on being a pro if he wants to last.  Its a problem that can be solved if only he cared.  Hes out of shape, doesn't train, etc, etc.  All because hes not at the arbitrary weight that you've designated for him.  I guess from looking at those other slim, adonis types playing OL across the NFL.  As if being 330 or so is the product of training.

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No hes not, hes 367, that 33 lbs under 400.  And hes pushing 7"?? 

The last line says it all.  Not only have you determined how much he needs to weigh you've also determined that he needs to control his eating and focus on being a pro if he wants to last.  Its a problem that can be solved if only he cared.  Hes out of shape, doesn't train, etc, etc.  All because hes not at the arbitrary weight that you've designated for him.  I guess from looking at those other slim, adonis types playing OL across the NFL.  As if being 330 or so is the product of training.

Is there literally anything you won’t find a way to make excuses for? He’s hurt again, was hurt throughout last season. Why are you afraid of accountability? His one job is to get on the field and he can’t do it because he’s fat. There’s nothing beyond that.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Because your response was equal to my thought in my first sentence. 

OBVIOUSLY he is putting more stress on his joints, and will more than likely have more issues in the future along those lines. I only pointed out that he looks like he fills out his frame well, and is not obese looking out there. (Wilfork-ish)

In a perfect world, for his football career, he should lose some weight. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Is there literally anything you won’t find a way to make excuses for? He’s hurt again, was hurt throughout last season. Why are you afraid of accountability? His one job is to get on the field and he can’t do it because he’s fat. There’s nothing beyond that.

Excuses? Afraid of accountability?   LOL, to you and youre failed logic?  

He's hurt.  Hes big.  

Therefore If he loses weight he wont get hurt.  LOL, Dr Matt has concluded all of this in his mind

Now hes fat, all those slim OL make him look fat in comparison.  OK

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Excuses? Afraid of accountability?   LOL, to you and youre failed logic?  

He's hurt.  Hes big.  

Therefore If he loses weight he wont get hurt.  LOL, Dr Matt has concluded all of this in his mind

Now hes fat, all those slim OL make him look fat in comparison.  OK

Fat/out of shape...however you'd like to categorize it. 

I can't believe you guys are arguing about this petty sh!t.  He's now a multi-millionaire.  Either he adjusts to the NFL and resumes loving football or he doesn't.  The NFL is hard!  You draft a guy and you take your chances.  Period.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He's the one who said he wanted to shed some weight. Why he said it. I don't know. Obviously he thought it would help him in some way.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

He's so fat that...

He never missed a single game throughout 3 years @ Louisville (heck, never even committed an offensive penalty). 

Hes so fat that...

During a pandemic ruined off-season he still played and started a full 12 games as a Rookie last year. 

PS.

Robert Saleh on Mekhi Becton...

(word for word)

"Becton's dealing with a foot and its nothing that needs surgery it's really not that big of a deal but as you guys all know he's a very large human being so we've asked him to stay off of his feet so we keep him inside during practice but he's been in meetings he's been doing workouts he's been doing all that; so he's fine". 

2 hours ago, genot said:

He's the one who said he wanted to shed some weight. Why he said it. I don't know. Obviously he thought it would help him in some way.

Whats he weigh?  Do you know, I have no idea what he weighed in at.

What are you guys crying out of shape going to say if he lost 20 lbs?

On 6/4/2021 at 10:11 PM, joewilly12 said:

Plantar fasciitis is most commonly caused by repetitive strain injury to the ligament of the sole of the foot. Such strain injury can be from excessive running or walking, inadequate foot gear, and jumping injury from landing.

And also from too much pressure from being a fat fuvk.

• Haha 1

image.png.bbc995c6b6ff23405e4c7652ceb15ec5.png

Coach Robert Saleh (word for word)...

"Becton's dealing with a foot and its nothing that needs surgery,

it's really not that big of a deal,

but as you guys all know he's a very large human being;

so WE'VE asked HIM to stay off of his feet (so we keep him inside during practices)

but he's been in meetings AND he's been doing workouts: he's been doing all that;

So he's fine"

image.png.0528adb068f9bab2ed5460ab7858e09f.png

Jets fans...

image.png.2fe293abd86b96f5028c7d929c0cca3d.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

image.png.bbc995c6b6ff23405e4c7652ceb15ec5.png

Coach Robert Saleh (word for word)...

"Becton's mealing with a food and its nothing that feeds surgery,

it's really not that big of a meal,

but as you guys all know he's a very large human being;

so WE'VE asked HIM to stay off of his eat (so we keep him inside during practices)

but he's been in eatings AND he's been doing workouts: he's been doing all fat;

So he's fine"

image.png.0528adb068f9bab2ed5460ab7858e09f.png

Jets fans...

image.png.2fe293abd86b96f5028c7d929c0cca3d.png

I had planter fasciitis for six months before I realized that I hate running and it’s a stupid activity. It totally sucked, like your heel getting slapped with a frat paddle every step.

I finally had the podiatrist inject cortisone into the plantar fascia. Long needle pushed all the way into the bone. Fixed it. Worked great.  They should just do that. 

I had planter fasciitis for six months before I realized that I hate running and it’s a stupid activity. It totally sucked, like your heel getting slapped with a frat paddle every step.
I finally had the podiatrist inject cortisone into the plantar fascia. Long needle pushed all the way into the bone. Fixed it. Worked great.  They should just do that. 
Cortisone works great ... but used repeatedly it can mask degenerative issues such as nerve damage, death of surrounding cartilage and bone, tendon weakness ... and also ... weight gain.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk