My wife was in a music video!

Nice! Congrats to her. Music videos are cool. I’m a music artist as well and it has to be the most proud part of the process because it’s cool ass visuals that you’re a big part of. It makes you feel like a bit of a star. It’s you starring in something a lot of people are likely to turn on and watch.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My wife, Kimmie, is in a music video guys that was released today!  Very proud of her.  She's currently starting her own photography business and also provides modeling and writing services, all of which she's been doing for compensation but at the freelance level, but this is her first experience/appearance in a music video.  

Louis is a local artist here in Wilmington, NC.  We went to the "release party" on Wednesday night, where this and 30 other local artists' videos were shown.  

If you go to the 1:04 mark, you'll see her walking into the party setting behind Louis.  Then, at 1:27, you'll see her on the far right hyping up the artist for a good 10+ seconds. 

And yes, several of the people I've tagged below can indeed verify this is my wife.  lol.

@GATA @The Crusher @Nynaeve @jvill 51 @Drums @Smashmouth @CTM @Spoot-Face @JiFapono @deckerfan @Jetscode1 @BallinPB  @Beaver @Greenseed4  @JustEndTheSuffering  @Nolder  @Verbal  @SMC  @Bleedin Green  @Jets Voice of Reason  @Dan.  @HessStation  @AVM  @DPR  @BallinPB  @kdels62  @A.J.   @Leelou  @WWWWombat  @Calder  @T0mShane @Brett @StraightCash @TeddEY @Klecko73isGod@OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!!  @Lily @Naeann@jgb @Barry McCockinner @munchmemory  @Maxman @Paradis @ElBarrioJets  @Jet_Engine1 @section314  @PS17  @heymangold  @RobR  @32EBoozer  @Mogglez @dbatesman  @Patriot Killa  @Creepy Lurker  @Bungaman  @RutgersJetFan  @The Gooch  @Warfish  @HawkeyeJet  @Integrity28  @southparkcpa  @Scott Dierking  @Lith @Sperm Edwards @nycdan @pointman @Doggin94it @nj meadowlands @CrazyCarl40 @Thor99 @Sarge4Tide  @RoadFan @Gastineau Lives 

#1 very happy for her!

#2 VERY happy for you! You married up!

#3 Being 58 I’ve never developed an ear for the Hip-Hop genre (if this even qualifies) but must say that was an enjoyable listen. 
Hope this leads to bigger and better things for you and your wife. The cream always rises. 

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

#1 very happy for her!

#2 VERY happy for you! You married up!

#3 Being 58 I’ve never developed are for the Hip-Hop genre (if this even qualifies) but must say that was an enjoyable listen. 
Hope this leads to bigger and better things for you and your wife. The cream always rises. 

Thank you sir!

As for # 3....I know right?  I had no idea how that song/video would shape up when she told me about it, and my palate for rap, R&B and hip-hop is very unrefined...but I was pleasantly surprised.  It was a solid listen.  He's pretty popular locally, and I hope he blows up!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thank you sir!

As for # 3....I know right?  I had no idea how that song/video would shape up when she told me about it, and my palate for rap and hip-hope is very unrefined...but I was pleasantly surprised.  It was a solid listen.  He's pretty popular locally, and I hope he blows up!

I’m honored to be in the top 90 folk you shared with….. unless Max has a random avatar selector like the lottery! 
If not I’m happy I’m top 50. To all you 51-90 Suck It Thomas Middleditch GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’m honored to be in the top 90 folk you shared with….. unless Max has a random avatar selector like the lottery! 
If not I’m happy I’m top 50. To all you 51-90 Suck It Thomas Middleditch GIF by Team Coco

There was no order to it really.  I had a group of us Mafia players in a separate location ready to go as a copy & paste.  The rest were non-Mafia peeps I like, who had logged on in the last 24 hours per the bottom of the JN forum main page. 

So yes, you're somewhere in the top 90, might even be top 50, but I won't say exactly where.  :)

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nice! Congrats to her. Music videos are cool. I’m a music artist as well and it has to be the most proud part of the process because it’s cool ass visuals that you’re a big part of. It makes you feel like a bit of a star. It’s you starring in something a lot of people are likely to turn on and watch.

For sure!  She didn't even get paid for this appearance but she and I both recognize it as a big achievement for her.  The money will come from her other pursuits and, perhaps, some more opportunities coming off of this.  :)

And the video did come out really cool, IMO!

• Upvote 1

I was hoping for some tasteful lingerie/diffused nudes.  But guess this will suffice.  lol

Seriously, you wife is a doll.  Was just watching with my wife and we both said she's adorable and has a great smile.  Nice work snagging such a pretty woman.  Do I dare say you out kicked your coverage?  Just busting balls.  You guys make a nice couple.  Congrats.

The music is not in my wheelhouse.  But the tune has a cool vibe.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets are the one topic I never discussed with her during the courtship process.  Paid off!

Ouu I got a bad habit of spilling all of my sports knowledge to a female like I was applying at ESPN studios. She never cares and when she does, she’s trying to like you too hard.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I was hoping for some tasteful lingerie/diffused nudes.  But guess this will suffice.  lol

Seriously, you wife is a doll.  Was just watching with my wife and we both said she's adorable and has a great smile.  Nice work snagging such a pretty woman.  Do I dare say you out kicked your coverage?  Just busting balls.  You guys make a nice couple.  Congrats.

The music is not in my wheelhouse.  But the tune has a cool vibe.  

Feel free to say it, many many others in my life have!  lol.  

Thanks buddy!

• Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For sure!  She didn't even get paid for this appearance but she and I both recognize it as a big achievement for her.  The money will come from her other pursuits and, perhaps, some more opportunities coming off of this.  :)

And the video did come out really cool, IMO!

Absolutely brother. The music business is one of many connections as most other businesses. Networking is huge. Just getting her foot in the door locally is a great thing because let me tell you, there are probably so many more local artists that need people to fill roles for their music videos and one thing most definitely always leads into another. Best of luck to her for sure!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Absolutely brother. The music business is one of many connections as most other businesses. Networking is huge. Just getting her foot in the door locally is a great thing because let me tell you, there are probably so many more local artists that need people to fill roles for their music videos and one thing most definitely always leads into another. Best of luck to her for sure!

Absolutely!  And the local production team (Honey Head Films) that made this video does a lot of music videos for artists in town.  When we showed up to the release party event the other night, Kimmie saw the two ladies who are in charge of the company and chatted with them for a bit.  So she's going to ensure she's on the forefront of their minds when they need someone again!

• Upvote 1

Cool man. The music wasn't bad either. I was kind of expecting some real amateur sh*t but for someone who hasn't made it "big" yet that was alright. Pretty chill vibe. Does she know the artist or was it more just a job kind of thing?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My wife, Kimmie, is in a music video guys that was released today!  Very proud of her.  She's currently starting her own photography business and also provides modeling and writing services, all of which she's been doing for compensation but at the freelance level, but this is her first experience/appearance in a music video.  

Louis is a local artist here in Wilmington, NC.  We went to the "release party" on Wednesday night, where this and 30 other local artists' videos were shown.  

If you go to the 1:04 mark, you'll see her walking into the party setting behind Louis.  Then, at 1:27, you'll see her on the far right hyping up the artist for a good 10+ seconds. 

And yes, several of the people I've tagged below can indeed verify this is my wife.  lol.

@GATA @The Crusher @Nynaeve @jvill 51 @Drums @Smashmouth @CTM @Spoot-Face @JiFapono @deckerfan @Jetscode1 @BallinPB  @Beaver @Greenseed4  @JustEndTheSuffering  @Nolder  @Verbal  @SMC  @Bleedin Green  @Jets Voice of Reason  @Dan.  @HessStation  @AVM  @DPR  @BallinPB  @kdels62  @A.J.   @Leelou  @WWWWombat  @Calder  @T0mShane @Brett @StraightCash @TeddEY @Klecko73isGod@OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!!  @Lily @Naeann@jgb @Barry McCockinner @munchmemory  @Maxman @Paradis @ElBarrioJets  @Jet_Engine1 @section314  @PS17  @heymangold  @RobR  @32EBoozer  @Mogglez @dbatesman  @Patriot Killa  @Creepy Lurker  @Bungaman  @RutgersJetFan  @The Gooch  @Warfish  @HawkeyeJet  @Integrity28  @southparkcpa  @Scott Dierking  @Lith @Sperm Edwards @nycdan @pointman @Doggin94it @nj meadowlands @CrazyCarl40 @Thor99 @Sarge4Tide  @RoadFan @Gastineau Lives @Lurker89

That's awesome as hell!!!!  Thanks for tagging me! <3

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

People assume I have money and a big d**k.  Neither are true but I let people believe that all the same.  JiF is beautiful so there shouldn't be any questions like that on his end.

No one can ever reconcile how a fat guy like me could land a woman like her with nothing but an awesome personality, a sense of meaning and purpose, and an eHarmony account.  But it happened!  It should give everyone hope.  :)

Wait.. you have a personality? :D 

• Haha 1