Something for Knick fans to feel good about

• 2 months later...

Whateva.  There's only one exciting thing regarding the Knicks in the future and that's Zion Williamson coming here when he can get out of New Orleans.  If we can trade for him before he becomes a FA, so be it. We'll have the resources to make it happen.  Until then, the Knicks are just an average team, which is light years better than what they've been for the last 20 years, bottom feeders.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 12:46 AM, Maynard13 said:

Whateva.  There's only one exciting thing regarding the Knicks in the future and that's Zion Williamson coming here when he can get out of New Orleans.  If we can trade for him before he becomes a FA, so be it. We'll have the resources to make it happen.  Until then, the Knicks are just an average team, which is light years better than what they've been for the last 20 years, bottom feeders.

You have to start somewhere. The Knicks are trying to build a winning culture and develop a strong young nucleus. Until proven otherwise, they are miles ahead of the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As I posted in the other Knicks thread, I am just intrigued as heck about Mitchell Robinson and these rumors about him bulking up. If it doesn't adversely affect him  (that weight better not lead to more foot injuries,) Embid, the Lopez brothers and other beefy centers might be in for a rude awakening when backing down Mitch is no longer possible. I am also high on McBride - hope he steps into the #3 PG position behind Rose and Walker.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:15 PM, Bungaman said:

As I posted in the other Knicks thread, I am just intrigued as heck about Mitchell Robinson and these rumors about him bulking up. If it doesn't adversely affect him  (that weight better not lead to more foot injuries,) Embid, the Lopez brothers and other beefy centers might be in for a rude awakening when backing down Mitch is no longer possible. I am also high on McBride - hope he steps into the #3 PG position behind Rose and Walker.

Me too (intrigued) but I fear that it isn't so much about the size of biceps as much it is about the durability of the wheels with him.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Thought I'd bump this. No reason other than to share disappointment about this season. To me, what's worse than the performance on the court is that the FO seems to be - take your pick - divided, incompetent, whatever. And Thibs (not the pass rusher) seems rigid and inflexible, unable to think for the long term benefit of the team or himself, and see that they are intertwined.

That we haven't seen Grimes, McBride, Toppin, Barrett and Mitch/Sims on the court at the same time for any protracted period kills me, as we won't know what we've got for the future even after an entire season has passed. Sigh.