Zach is Back.... at the islanders game again

On 6/8/2021 at 10:47 AM, NYJ1 said:

In regards to the Islanders.... As much of a fan as I am this team just disappoints you. They had a commanding 5-2 lead early in the 3rd and what do they do? They let themselves get thoroughly dominated for the rest of the 3rd period. At one point SOG was Boston 16 NY 3. That's constitutes playing "NOT TO LOSE" .Holy sh*t do I HATE that mentality. I'll tell you right now, the Islanders are going to lose the last 2 and go home and it's all because their CS is a bunch of Marty Schottenheimer pussies.

This sure aged well. Tell us the Jets will lose also. LOL

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

If it means good luck I'm all about it! Islanders are a bunch of pussies. They'll lose easily against the Lightning!!

After the Islanders win it all “yeah but they’ll never repeat because their coaches are wussies.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Honestly, I had no idea what the Islanders had in their tank? And the Islanders honestly are a bit of an odd study as hockey team's go? For 3 games it looked like they had all they could handle from the Pooh bears. They would go long stretches being dominated by the Bruins. Their passing wasn't very good, a lot of one and done attacks on goal, they turned the puck over too much, etc.

What amazes me is what I saw over the last 3 games. Suddenly, it was as if a light bulb turned on with the collective team. Their passing got better, they stopped turning the puck over, they got even more aggressive than they had been. They overwhelmed the Koalas. It was like suddenly they discovered chemistry they hadn't ever seen before.

So I freely admit it was a sphincter boy prediction. I'm embarrassed. I look like a dingbat more than ever. 

What I am absolutely positive of is if it takes the Islanders that 3 games to figure out the Lightning? They're finished. They'll get embarrassed right off the ice. They'd better find their "A" game and have it on the ice from the opening faceoff. Because the Lightning are infinitely better than the pathetic, soft Bruins. The Lightning already kicked the Islanders asses with relative ease last season.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Honestly, I had no idea what the Islanders had in their tank? And the Islanders honestly are a bit of an odd study as hockey team's go? For 3 games it looked like they had all they could handle from the Pooh bears. They would go long stretches being dominated by the Bruins. Their passing wasn't very good, a lot of one and done attacks on goal, they turned the puck over too much, etc.

What amazes me is what I saw over the last 3 games. Suddenly, it was as if a light bulb turned on with the collective team. Their passing got better, they stopped turning the puck over, they got even more aggressive than they had been. They overwhelmed the Koalas. It was like suddenly they discovered chemistry they hadn't ever seen before.

So I freely admit it was a sphincter boy prediction. I'm embarrassed. I look like a dingbat more than ever. 

What I am absolutely positive of is if it takes the Islanders that 3 games to figure out the Lightning? They're finished. They'll get embarrassed right off the ice. They'd better find their "A" game and have it on the ice from the opening faceoff. Because the Lightning are infinitely better than the pathetic, soft Bruins. The Lightning already kicked the Islanders asses with relative ease last season.

I agree about the lightning. Can't lose the 1st two games again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Last year, we got blown out in the first game, which set the tone for the series, but games 2 thru 6 were pretty close.  In game 6, we were an OT goal away from forcing game 7.  That game 1 blowout though became the lasting memory of the series.

We just have to play our game.  Be physical, get very aggressive on the forecheck, force them into mistakes, get good goaltending, and most importantly against these guys, stay out of the penalty box.  Our PK has been awful in the postseason.  We cannot afford to give Tampa too many opportunities, because that will kill us.

The Islander team we saw yesterday can give these guys a fight.  But if the team that was outshot 44-19 on Monday shows up, it will probably be a short series.  We found ways to win games against the PEnguins and Bruins where we were not at our best.  We are not beating the Lightning without our A game

I don't expect the Isles to win, but I am thrilled to have the chance to pull the upset.

Lets Go Islanders!!!

• Upvote 3

On 6/10/2021 at 8:53 PM, Lith said:

Last year, we got blown out in the first game, which set the tone for the series, but games 2 thru 6 were pretty close.  In game 6, we were an OT goal away from forcing game 7.  That game 1 blowout though became the lasting memory of the series.

We just have to play our game.  Be physical, get very aggressive on the forecheck, force them into mistakes, get good goaltending, and most importantly against these guys, stay out of the penalty box.  Our PK has been awful in the postseason.  We cannot afford to give Tampa too many opportunities, because that will kill us.

The Islander team we saw yesterday can give these guys a fight.  But if the team that was outshot 44-19 on Monday shows up, it will probably be a short series.  We found ways to win games against the PEnguins and Bruins where we were not at our best.  We are not beating the Lightning without our A game

I don't expect the Isles to win, but I am thrilled to have the chance to pull the upset.

Lets Go Islanders!!!

So long response, but we agree.... If the Islanders want to win, they MUST show up and their best IMMEDIATELY. No pussyfooting around with the Lightning. They're too good to play games with. 

And if they play well and beat the Lightning? The Rangers will get their collective panties in a bunch. Good for all!

On 6/10/2021 at 8:53 PM, Lith said:

Lets Go Islanders!!!

Great post...except, for me, I expect them to win.

I see no reason at all why they couldn't or shouldn't win this series.  This is a tough team that keeps fighting, is relentless and is also getting good goaltending right now.  The exact type of underdog team that wins Stanley Cups.

I expect them to win this series.

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

And if they play well and beat the Lightning? The Rangers will get their collective panties in a bunch. Good for all!

Which Rangers?

We dont care, why is this repeated.  Enjoy your series, I dont begrudge fans that.  Guess I'm getting old but we own the city and we're happy with the rebuild.  Shortly this is going to be hockeys best rivalry again.

But by mentioning the Rangers it says a lot overall.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

So long response, but we agree.... If the Islanders want to win, they MUST show up and their best IMMEDIATELY. No pussyfooting around with the Lightning. They're too good to play games with. 

Tampa is too good (one of the best run orgs in sports). If they continue to play like they did against the Canes they're going to repeat. 

Last two games have been back to Islanders playoff hockey.  Controlling the puck, heavy forecheck, forcing mistakes, solid in our own end.  This game is the way the Isles need to play to win this series.  Would have liked to have seen Varlamov get the shutout, but a W is still a W.  Great game 1, but still a long way to go.  Was hoping to get out of Tampa with a split, but now I really want game 2.

Lets Go Islanders!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Islanders down 1-0 and it didn't take long. I'm just telling you ladies..... The Islanders might have bitten off more than they can chew? The Lightning know they played like Sh*t in game one and they're really taking it to the Islanders right now.....

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Islanders down 1-0 and it didn't take long. I'm just telling you ladies..... The Islanders might have bitten off more than they can chew? The Lightning know they played like Sh*t in game one and they're really taking it to the Islanders right now.....

Each team has caught a break.  Goalies on both sides have been really good.  But we have not taken care of the puck well enough in our own end and have allowed ourselves to get bottled up in our own end too much.  We have not been great, but this game is right there for the taking.  A strong 20 minutes and maybe we can steal one.

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

Each team has caught a break.  Goalies on both sides have been really good.  But we have not taken care of the puck well enough in our own end and have allowed ourselves to get bottled up in our own end too much.  We have not been great, but this game is right there for the taking.  A strong 20 minutes and maybe we can steal one.

So much for that.  Gotta get em Thursday night at home.

6 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Yep. They really got their a%$es handed to them last night

Had to figure that there will be a game or two like last night.  We need to keep games close with them.  Ideally play with a lead, but we need to at least stay within one goal.  They are deep, they have a lot more offensive firepower than we have, and once we have to play from behind, we will need to take chances to get our d-men involved in the rush, and a 2-1 game becomes 4-1 awfully quickly.  

We are back home tomorrow night.  We can play the matchups.  Get some good goaltending and (hopefully) score first and play with lead.  

8 hours ago, Lith said:

Had to figure that there will be a game or two like last night.  We need to keep games close with them.  Ideally play with a lead, but we need to at least stay within one goal.  They are deep, they have a lot more offensive firepower than we have, and once we have to play from behind, we will need to take chances to get our d-men involved in the rush, and a 2-1 game becomes 4-1 awfully quickly.  

We are back home tomorrow night.  We can play the matchups.  Get some good goaltending and (hopefully) score first and play with lead.  

They also committed way too many penalties. They gave the Lightning more than enough opportunities, as if they needed help from the opponent to win. They must clean up their act. Get more aggressive, keep up with shots on goal, more steady sustained attacks.....

On 6/10/2021 at 6:45 PM, NYJ1 said:

1. There is nothing to "figure out" about the Lightning. They excel on the PP and in transition. Tonight and the rest of the series is about execution and getting more quality chances against Vaselesky.

2. The Lightning did NOT kick the Isles asses with relative ease in the bubble. Game 1 was a total throw away having to win Game 7 in Toronto, pack up, travel; across the continent and hit the ice vs a rested and already situated Tampa team in less than 48 hours.