Jump to content

Zach is Back.... at the islanders game again


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish it was a Rangers sweater because, damn, this has me hyped.

I absolutely love their integration into the local sports community and the fun fckin vibes they’re bringing.   LETS GO

The Jets are likable.     Thank you Joe Douglas.  Thank you!!

Posted Images

On 6/22/2021 at 6:42 PM, whodeawhodat said:

I dont think that there is coming back from that beat down.  Isles are bunch of bozos

It takes a clown to know a clown. Nevertheless, Isles in 7.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lith said:

Down 2-0, having given up 12 straight goals over parts of 3 games.  I thought we had no chance.  We were dead and buried.  Eberle, Mayfield and then great play by Beauviller to win it in OT.. 

Now on to Game 7.  Friday night.  We can do this.

 

Lets go Islanders!!!

So glad I bet $50 for Isles to win after they went down 2-0. 
 

**** yeah!

 

LGI!!!!!

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

what a game. down 2-0 and come back in OT. there is something about that building. all that history. thier record there is incredible in the playoff. maybe they shouldn't move.

#lets go isles!!!!!

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a very nice come from behind victory. Of course if they go down 2-0 in Tampa they are FRIED, but I guess they already know that?

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know what happens Game 7 but damn this has been the most exciting playoffs I can remember in a long time.  This team just wont give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Kucherov better play. Go Bolts

If Kucherov has a sprained vagina and doesn't play the Islanders are in BUSINESS! I hope the little p*ssy doesn't play.....

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

If Kucherov has a sprained vagina and doesn't play the Islanders are in BUSINESS! I hope the little p*ssy doesn't play.....

Karma.  Tampa played with the salary cap rules by putting Kucherov on long term IR for the regular season due to hip injury.  Allowed them to keep the core together.  Per NHL CBA salary cap no longer applies in playoffs, so by addking Kucherov back to the roster in the playoffs, they would be well above the cap, except the cap no longer counts.  Not blaming Tampa who legally took advnatage of a cap loophole, but if they lose Kucherov for tomorrow's game.  Well, its karma.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

So glad I bet $50 for Isles to win after they went down 2-0. 
 

**** yeah!

 

LGI!!!!!

got to be +800 or 900, right or more?  Niiiice.   

I do that sometimes in MLB after a 1st inning run comes in.  Puts the odds radically in your favor and a run in the 1st in today's MLB means little.  Works for me this season. We'll see if it holds up.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

Karma.  Tampa played with the salary cap rules by putting Kucherov on long term IR for the regular season due to hip injury.  Allowed them to keep the core together.  Per NHL CBA salary cap no longer applies in playoffs, so by addking Kucherov back to the roster in the playoffs, they would be well above the cap, except the cap no longer counts.  Not blaming Tampa who legally took advnatage of a cap loophole, but if they lose Kucherov for tomorrow's game.  Well, its karma.

Super excited to watch game 7.  Isles fans feel like playing w/house money and it's looking like Vegas is in trouble tonight.  

Stanley Cup: Isles v Habs w/the Nassau Col having home ice advantage.  Are you kidding me?  Gotta win tomorrow somehow.  Wow.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Super excited to watch game 7.  Isles fans feel like playing w/house money and it's looking like Vegas is in trouble tonight.  

Stanley Cup: Isles v Habs w/the Nassau Col having home ice advantage.  Are you kidding me?  Gotta win tomorrow somehow.  Wow.  

I know what you are saying, but I don't feel like we are playing with house money at all.  We are one game away from a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals.  If we can't seal the deal tomorrow night, then it is all for nothing.  Yesterday's comeback, Pulock's game saving stop on Mcdonaugh -- it will be all for naught.  If we lose tomorrow night, who knows when we will be this close again.  Gotta  win this game.

LGI!!!

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lith said:

If we can't seal the deal tomorrow night, then it is all for nothing.

Things I never thought I'd hear a Jets fan say.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, I dont hate the isles like I used to when I lived in NY decades ago. same goes for the mets. I honestly do not know how many rookie cards I burned from 82-87 of mets players...  Living in Tampa for over 20 years has put their teams as my #2 teams except for the bucs are my #3.

Yanks-->Rays

Rangers-->Bolts

Jets--> Giants(both of my brothers are giants fans and I want them to be happy) --> Bucs

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dcat said:

Super excited to watch game 7.  Isles fans feel like playing w/house money and it's looking like Vegas is in trouble tonight.  

Stanley Cup: Isles v Habs w/the Nassau Col having home ice advantage.  Are you kidding me?  Gotta win tomorrow somehow.  Wow.  

Vegas seldom cares who wins.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ken Schroy said:

"Dirty plays" Lmao. please, no crying in hockey.

meh, the isles looked like they were doing their best to hurt the lightnings chances next round putting 2 players out of the game, 1 of which wont return this season.  

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lith said:

Karma.  Tampa played with the salary cap rules by putting Kucherov on long term IR for the regular season due to hip injury.  Allowed them to keep the core together.  Per NHL CBA salary cap no longer applies in playoffs, so by addking Kucherov back to the roster in the playoffs, they would be well above the cap, except the cap no longer counts.  Not blaming Tampa who legally took advnatage of a cap loophole, but if they lose Kucherov for tomorrow's game.  Well, its karma.

not 100% sure but I think the isles worked this to their favor also although not to the extreme of getting one of the best players back only for the playoffs.  The guy legit had his hip operated on.  could he have come back a couple weeks early? probs

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jgb said:

Things I never thought I'd hear a Jets fan say.

I have a history of my teams always being the brides maid, but never the bride.  But it wasn't always that way.  By the time I was 25, I had seen a Jets SB title, 2 Mets WS titles, 4 Islander Cups, 2 Kincks championships, a Final Four appearance by my cinderella undergrad school (Penn in 1979).  Even Georgia won a Natty, even though I was not a student yet and didn't care.

Since then, nothing in 35 years.  Bunch of close calls.  Went to both Rex AFCCGs only to see us lose.  I was at Wrigley when the Mets won the pennant in 2015, and went to the Rose Bowl after 2017 season when the Dawgs beat Oklahoma in OT, but both of those games, while great memories, ring a bit hollow because neither team sealed the deal in the next round.

Winning Wed night was great, but we need to close it out tonight, and then win the next round to make it really memorable.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

"Dirty plays" Lmao. please, no crying in hockey.

The cross check by Barzal was dirty along with the swirlie into the boards on Stamkos.

The Islanders are playing dirty, which is fine, but it’s still dirty and I get you gotta do that to  beat this team/

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

he is out.  dirty plays by the isles yet they had more PP.

Not going to argue that it was not a dirty play.  A penalty should have been called on Mayfield. 

But the NHL has a problem on their hands that they don't seem willing to acknowledge.  The Mayfield cross check is a play you see constantly in NHL games.  At least it came during play and not after the whistle.  The NHL allows this stuff to go on.  Every game you see multiple cross checks go uncalled.  And many of them are in a scrum after the whistle along with punches being thrown and other extracurriculars. Maybe it will take an injury in the playoffs to a marquee player for them to finally address it. 

Hockey should be a tough, physical, fast, hard hitting game, but I would like to see the nastiness and dirty play that has become part of the culture of the sport be eliminated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

not 100% sure but I think the isles worked this to their favor also although not to the extreme of getting one of the best players back only for the playoffs.  The guy legit had his hip operated on.  could he have come back a couple weeks early? probs

I believe Isles used the same rule to get relief when Johnny Boychuck retired.  But Boychuck was not coming back to play.  Tampa legally used a loophone in the rules to circumvent the cap.  More power to them.  But I am not going to feel sorry for them when the guy who they used to circumvent the rule is hurt.  Assuming he is out, they are playing with the same team they had all through the regular season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

I have a history of my teams always being the brides maid, but never the bride. 

Well for 50 years Jets have been the uncle huffing paint in the parking lot at the wedding so bridesmaid sounds pretty good to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lith said:

I believe Isles used the same rule to get relief when Johnny Boychuck retired.  But Boychuck was not coming back to play.  Tampa legally used a loophone in the rules to circumvent the cap.  More power to them.  But I am not going to feel sorry for them when the guy who they used to circumvent the rule is hurt.  Assuming he is out, they are playing with the same team they had all through the regular season.

I made $422 from my $50 bet last time Isles played. I don't care about money. I bet all $422 for Tampa to win the game. I hope I lose my bet. I really do. Let's go Isles. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I made $422 from my $50 bet last time Isles played. I don't care about money. I bet all $422 for Tampa to win the game. I hope I lose my bet. I really do. Let's go Isles. 

I hope you lose your bet too.

Lets Go Islanders!!!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, flgreen said:

Vegas seldom cares who wins.  

Vegas, as in the Las Vegas Golden Knights.  They were down after 2 periods when I posted it.  They were in big trouble.  I was talking about Vegas, the team, not the books.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...