Joe Douglas at Nets game

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not a NJ Nets fan but Joe Douglas is (sweet chin) music to my ears. 

image.png.9b095ffeada37d73270281cb72e85059.pngimage.png.f894d260e5bd8a22823acf82a4cd6906.png

One of the best matches in wrestling history. 

The Hitman is on quite of few of the best matches ever:

- Hart vs. Michaels • Iron Man

- Hart vs Austin • Submission Match

- Hart vs. Bulldog • Wembley

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This thread drawing out/helping identify some fellow 80/90s wrestling fans is a welcome development.

I'd nerd out with any of you in an OT pro wrestling thread sometime.

I got into wrestling in the late 80's/90's because my two older sisters would beg our mom to order PPV for every Wrestle Mania (and, she'd always do it).

I remember 1990 (5 years old) when Hulk Hogan (my favorite) won the Royal Rumble. 

I haven't followed wrestling since my middle school days (up until around 1999-2000) during the Stone Cold (2nd favorite ever) vs the Rock era etc but growing up as a kid I loved the likes of...

(I remember even having action figures and a wrestling video game on regular Nintendo) 

Hulk Hogan. 

Rick Flair. 

Randy Savage (Miss Elizabeth). 

The Undertaker. 

Sting. 

Roddy Piper.

Razor Ramon. 

Big Boss Man. 

Andre the Giant. 

Yokozuna. 

Sgt. SLAUGHTER. 

Ultimate Warrior. 

The Road Warriors. 

Lex Luger. 

Honky Tonk Man. 

Junkyard Dog. 

Bam Bam. 

Bret Hart (1999 I watched live as his brother Owen died because of a equipment malfunction). 

Shawn Michaels. 

Mick Foley. 

Kane. 

The Rock. 

Stone Cold Steve Austin. 

Jerry Lawler. 

Vince McMahon. 

Etc etc

just to name a few of my favorites back then (and plenty more). 

Man. I miss my childhood. 80s/90s wrestling was the best. 

WWF (imo) was so much better than WCW (although I did enjoy Wolfpack vs. NWO on WCW lol). 

I tried to watch an event couple years ago. Ordered a PPV for my daughter and her friends but idk. Maybe it's because I've gotten older but it wasn't the same for me. The excitement and mystique just wasn't there anymore. 

Awesome story. When I was in my 20s I had my own apt and my neighbor was Mideon. Dennis Knight. He came over and smoked a couple Ls from time to time but omg was that man addicted to pain pills (was sad)..

image.png.5e76a4e5fb63725417cb0ee7481d0b3b.png

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Dude that shirt tho. 

Best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be!

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas is the man.

Hes the excellence of execution.

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

A Hitman Hart shirt?

Ha. Amazing. 

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Bret Hart shirt certifies I will never be anti Joe Douglas.  Ever.

Hitman will never live up to the legacy of one specific underrated superstar...

tumblr_nmep8ptKeo1sg99p0o1_1280.jpeg.jpg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Wrestling, my biological first cousin is a documentarian and made 'Bigger, Stronger, Faster'.  There's a truckload of sad history there with dead bodies now. Ugh.

EDIT: 'Billy Jones' is probably one of the best short flicks ever.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOVP.HNsxMzhH1dayRpbqJYskmwEsCQ%26pid%3DApi&f=1n

No-one has any idea about what it actually takes to make a movie. It's why I loved 'Super 8', even with the extraneous garbage that didn't matter.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It’s so nice to see a 2-14 GM with a C- free agent and draft record spend his nights getting away from football.  

SAR I

Q: Why is it that 31 other NFL teams have refused to give your Adam Gase another chance, as not even a janitor?

A: Because he stinks. 

Adam Gase owns that 2-14 record (2020) just like Rich Kotite owns his 1-15 record (1996). 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Q: Why is it that 31 other NFL teams have refused to give your Adam Gase another chance, as not even a janitor?

A: Because he stinks. 

Adam Gase owns that 2-14 record (2020) just like Rich Kotite owns his 1-15 record (1996). 

I do not like Adam Gase, never did.  

You have a strange infatuation with the man. Let it go.  

SAR I

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

And there's SAR...

Right on cue! lol

The Jets act like:

A.  They aren’t pissing off half the fanbase who detest the Knicks, Nets, and Islanders. 

B.  They aren’t accountable for 7-9 turning into 2-14, the failure of a franchise quarterback, and the third or fourth rebuild atop the fifth or sixth rebuild. 

Bill Parcells didn’t pull this crap in 1996, the last time this team was such an embarrassment. And talk about being tone deaf; the Jets just laid off 100 people in the middle of a pandemic and here are their replacements clowning around with luxury perks and free tickets?  

These are serious times and it calls for serious leaders. This feels like weaksauce Rex Ryan 2.0.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I do not like Adam Gase, never did.  

You have a strange infatuation with the man. Let it go.  

SAR I

So now you're a liar? 

image.png.987524215f6c7eea0c3f486539baf1c3.png

No. You didn't like Adam Gase; you loved him. 

Which is why I called you an Adam Gase lover boy throughout all of 2020. 

You shoved Gase down our throats for multiple seasons on end and there wasn't a single Adam Gase Thread created in which you didn't suck him off (it was disgusting). 

You liked/loved him so much you GUARANTEED he'd stay Jets HC (and corrected everyone who let you know he'll be fired). 

You predicted he'd lead us to a 5-0 start (before watching him lead us to an 0-5 start). 

You liked him SO MUCH where you even went out of your way to create a thread in order to WISH HIM A HAPPY BIRTHDAY. 

But now you have the nerve to lie and pretend you never liked him out of being embarrassed?

You're a liar. 

And now I know your lying about your fake Rolex collection and your beat up BMW because if you'll lie about Adam Gase?

You'll lie about anything. 

image.png.a984e82c64255af393cedc106851bf99.png

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

So now you're a liar? 

image.png.987524215f6c7eea0c3f486539baf1c3.png

No. You didn't like Adam Gase; you loved him. 

Which is why I called you an Adam Gase lover boy throughout all of 2020. 

You shoved Gase down our throats for multiple seasons on end and there wasn't a single Adam Gase Thread created in which you didn't suck him off (it was disgusting). 

You liked/loved him so much you GUARANTEED he'd stay Jets HC (and corrected everyone who let you know he'll be fired). 

You predicted he'd lead us to a 5-0 start (before watching him lead us to an 0-5 start). 

You liked him SO MUCH where you even went out of your way to create a thread in order to WISH HIM A HAPPY BIRTHDAY. 

But now you have the nerve to lie and pretend you never liked him out of being embarrassed?

You're a liar. 

And now I know your lying about your fake Rolex collection and your beat up BMW because if you'll lie about Adam Gase?

You'll lie about anything. 

image.png.a984e82c64255af393cedc106851bf99.png

Wow.  Are you okay?  You’ve got to let this Gase guy go already.  Your infatuation with him is unhealthy.  

SAR I