Joe Douglas at Nets game

9 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

One of the best matches in wrestling history. 

The Hitman is on quite of few of the best matches ever:

- Hart vs. Michaels • Iron Man

- Hart vs Austin • Submission Match

- Hart vs. Bulldog • Wembley

Did you know Bulldog is Brett's brother in-law

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Q: Why is it that 31 other NFL teams have refused to give your Adam Gase another chance, as not even a janitor?

A: Because he stinks. 

Adam Gase owns that 2-14 record (2020) just like Rich Kotite owns his 1-15 record (1996). 

The answer is he is still being paid by the Jets. If someone was paying you millions to sit on your ass, would you work?

18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The answer is he is still being paid by the Jets. If someone was paying you millions to sit on your ass, would you work?

Yup.

If I were any good at my job (after getting fired) I'd find myself a better job for better pay. 

There's a reason why I'm 36 and have never collected an unemployment check (although I've never been injured throughout my adult years). 

PS: Your answer is wrong.

He's not sitting on his couch because the Jets fired him; he's sitting on his ass because no Owner/GM/HC/Team wants him.

Rich Kotite coached for 6 years in the NFL. 

However after his 1-15 disaster of 1996? He was NEVER given another coaching opportunity. 

1-15 stuck with him, forever. 

In regards to Gase? He'll be retired (alongside of Frank Gore) and his 2-14 nightmare will stick with him, forever (just like Rich Kotite). 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets act like:

A.  They aren’t pissing off half the fanbase who detest the Knicks, Nets, and Islanders. 

B.  They aren’t accountable for 7-9 turning into 2-14, the failure of a franchise quarterback, and the third or fourth rebuild atop the fifth or sixth rebuild. 

Bill Parcells didn’t pull this crap in 1996, the last time this team was such an embarrassment. And talk about being tone deaf; the Jets just laid off 100 people in the middle of a pandemic and here are their replacements clowning around with luxury perks and free tickets?  

These are serious times and it calls for serious leaders. This feels like weaksauce Rex Ryan 2.0.  

SAR I

d35bea4459dca39c.png

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

d35bea4459dca39c.png

A Jets Eeyore is someone who feels we are going to lose because we are the SOJ.  That's not what's going on here.

Seeing Zach Wilson in an Islanders jersey is disgusting, it makes me less excited about the upcoming season, it is utterly repulsive.  The Jets might as well photoshop him in a Patriots jersey.  If their goal is to sell tickets to Islanders fans, the inverse is making Rangers and Devils fans want to give ours up.

Seeing Joe Douglas at a Nets game after he traded away our best players and replaced them with nothing enroute to a humiliating 2-win season isn't a good optic, and Robert Saleh's "all gas no brakes" comment towards every camera he sees has already worn out its welcome.

The Jets should not be promoting these critical members of the new regime as carefree and relaxed, drinking beers on a Saturday night.  We should be imaging them toiling away at Florham Park, wearing out whiteboards, turning over every stone looking for talent, looking at film.

Dave Gettleman and Chris Drury aren't taking victory laps at other people's playoff games.  Neither should we.

SAR I 

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yup.

If I were any good at my job (after getting fired) I'd find myself a better job for better pay. 

There's a reason why I'm 36 and have never collected an unemployment check (although I've never been injured throughout my adult years). 

PS: Your answer is wrong.

He's not sitting on his couch because the Jets fired him; he's sitting on his ass because no Owner/GM/HC/Team wants him.

Rich Kotite coached for 6 years in the NFL. 

However after his 1-15 disaster of 1996? He was NEVER given another coaching opportunity. 

1-15 stuck with him, forever. 

In regards to Gase? He'll be retired (alongside of Frank Gore) and his 2-14 nightmare will stick with him, forever (just like Rich Kotite). 

I would bet Gase will be a college coach or he could get a college job if he wanted to. Probably not a high profile school but Gase has some juice from being on the national stage. He would be a recruiting tool for sure as someone who could tell young players what the NFL is about. He isn't  working because he is getting millions from the Jets. 

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

You keep saying this but we dont know the terms of his Jets deal.  Often they include offsets that if hes hired by someone else he still gets some of his pay.  So that portion and what he signs for might be more than just sitting on the Jets deal.  Plus turning down offers isnt always a good idea

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

A Jets Eeyore is someone who feels we are going to lose because we are the SOJ.  That's not what's going on here.

Seeing Zach Wilson in an Islanders jersey is disgusting, it makes me less excited about the upcoming season, it is utterly repulsive.  The Jets might as well photoshop him in a Patriots jersey.  If their goal is to sell tickets to Islanders fans, the inverse is making Rangers and Devils fans want to give ours up.

Seeing Joe Douglas at a Nets game after he traded away our best players and replaced them with nothing enroute to a humiliating 2-win season isn't a good optic, and Robert Saleh's "all gas no brakes" comment towards every camera he sees has already worn out its welcome.

The Jets should not be promoting these critical members of the new regime as carefree and relaxed, drinking beers on a Saturday night.  We should be imaging them toiling away at Florham Park, wearing out whiteboards, turning over every stone looking for talent, looking at film.

Dave Gettleman and Chris Drury aren't taking victory laps at other people's playoff games.  Neither should we.

SAR I 

The players and Douglas attending NHL, NBA or MLB is not "taking victory laps".  You are ridiculous.  Take a nap.

On 6/7/2021 at 6:10 AM, SAR I said:

SAR I 

This is going to be spectacular. 

On 6/7/2021 at 12:10 PM, SAR I said:

The purity tests some people apply to athletes is comical. He's a rookie going where the PR department tells him to go. Guy grew up in Utah and never saw an island, much less the Islanders, in his life until 2 weeks ago.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

The purity tests some people apply to athletes is comical. He's a rookie going where the PR department tells him to go. Guy grew up in Utah and never saw an island, much less the Islanders, in his life until 2 weeks ago.

This isn't about Zach Wilson.  He's just a kid doing what the Jets are telling him to do.

It's about the Jets.  They should know better then to dress up our new QB in what are enemy colors to 90% of the fanbase.

SAR I

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This isn't about Zach Wilson.  He's just a kid doing what the Jets are telling him to do.

It's about the Jets.  They should know better then to dress up our new QB in what are enemy colors to 90% of the fanbase.

SAR I

Be honest. This is really all about Gase getting canned isn't it.

• Post of the Week 1