Jump to content

Zach the Knife.. and current state of the New N.Y. JETS


Greenbloodblitz
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's be a bit better being applied after he knifes a few teams, proverbially speaking, in actual games.

He comes out and isn't impressive to start, he'll quickly be "Zack the Butter Knife".  

Or worse, "Zack the Spork".

In my culture of the fat asses  being compared to a spork is a the greatest compliment you can give someone. Level of versatility few will ever achieve. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Really nice post and very well said.  I grew up in NY and was a young teenager when the Mets, Jets and Knicks were all balling.   The players were identifiable, out and about and loved being part of the NY vibe.  The Mets run was largely responsible for Mayor Lindsey getting re-elected the vibe in the city was so positive.

There's a myth about NY being a tough place to play because of the media.  The reality is NY has a bunch of great venues for people including athletes to be out and about that's safe, stars aren't seen as freaks they can relax and it feeds off each other.

Namath in many ways showed the way.  He was way over the  top and a serious alcoholic.  But he loved the city and the city loved him back.   He, Clyde Frazier, Mantle where all out in the city and very much part of the scene.   It's nice to see Douglas and Saleh along with Zach enjoying NY.  NY is a great place to be rich famous and winning.  There are lots of things to do and lots of celebrities enjoying all kinds of venues.  A lot of smaller venues are very tough to stars.  They are constantly hassled and very limited.  

 

Mayor Lindsay! Slowly I turned . . . ! Haha, it's hilarious to me that on one board or another this guy's name always manages to somehow come up.

I've posted this in a few different variations over the years, but my Daddy HATED Mayor Lindsay. We lived in Flushing, and during the great blizzard he broke his arm and couldn't get to the hospital. People died over Lindsay's ineptitude, including the couple that froze to death in their car at Kennedy Airport. Well, it was actually carbon monoxide poisoning. They left the car on to keep warm and froze to death somewhere in between if you want to get technical about it. This was a little over a month after Super Bowl III. 

He wrote 'Go to Hell, Lindsay' on his cast a couple of days later, haha. 

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_7246404

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Mayor Lindsay! Slowly I turned . . . ! Haha, it's hilarious to me that on one board or another this guy's name always manages to somehow come up.

I've posted this in a few different variations over the years, but my Daddy HATED Mayor Lindsay. We lived in Flushing, and during the great blizzard he broke his arm and couldn't get to the hospital. People died over Lindsay's ineptitude, including the couple that froze to death in their car at Kennedy Airport. Well, it was actually carbon monoxide poisoning. They left the car on to keep warm and froze to death somewhere in between if you want to get technical about it. This was a little over a month after Super Bowl III. 

He wrote 'Go to Hell, Lindsay' on his cast a couple of days later, haha. 

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_7246404

I lived in a Lefrak building on 62nd Rd & Yellowstone Blvd.  Our 2 feet of snow wasn't plowed for an entire week.  Lindsay showed up in Kew Gardens on Union Turnpike later in the week to make a post-emergency speech and people threw snowballs at him.  Lindsay was the only republican that my mother ever voted for.  All based on his good looks no doubt. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Not funny. I despise that word. 

I don't know what he said or where he said it so I'm not defending or not defending anything in that regard. The problem is is that in some ways things in America have gotten worse and not better.

I'm actually not sure why I'm going through this, but I will, for probably the 100th time: I was raised in the most colorful background ever, and whenever people start to talk sh it and finger point about what you can and cannot say, it degrades to nonsense. 

I had some jackass on here tell me once let me guess, you're going to say that you have a gay friend. My response said it all, of course he chickened out and didn't say anything back. It's just stupid to get on a high horse about stuff when you don't know who you're talking to. We all know true hatred when we see it.

Shows like 'All in the Family', 'Sanford and Son', and 'The Jeffersons' would never get out of the gate today. Red Foxx and Sherman Helmsley used the word ni gger profusely, it's really unbelievable. I'm not saying that that's a good or a bad thing, but it's there. 

People have no idea what gay people went through, including when I was growing up. My nephew just kind of breezed into it and breezed out, thankfully with no repercussions. I would defend that child with my life, and he uses the word fag got freely. 

So fck you, fa ggot. I'm waiting for that word to get banned for cigarettes in England. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

He’s not injury prone in the way we should be concerned his career will be shortened. He’s just baby poop soft and needs to get toughened up by our new super duper training medical team “ Get it done boys.” 

Not sure i completely buy this at all.  How is his current injury to ligaments under an ankle joint you expect him to stress on every single play not concerning?

The pattern may correct itself but so far it is 100% the pattern which has lead us down a bad path in previous lives.  Next we will find out later in the year that performances are related to the fact that he never fully recovered from this current thing or that a more serious thing happens to him because this 400lb man was favoring this current thing at the expense of the whatever the next thing turns out to be.

All the while being lied to by the front office about the seriousness of his current condition,

So yes, maybe all of this is nothing and may all clear itself up naturally but for now, going into year two of his NY Jets career these are not great signs.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I lived in a Lefrak building on 62nd Rd & Yellowstone Blvd.  Our 2 feet of snow wasn't plowed for an entire week.  Lindsay showed up in Kew Gardens on Union Turnpike later in the week to make a post-emergency speech and people threw snowballs at him.  Lindsay was the only republican that my mother ever voted for.  All based on his good looks no doubt. 

He was so bad that people actually thought Koch was a god like figure.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He was so bad that people actually thought Koch was a god like figure.  

I came to the States in 1982 right in the middle of the Koch era.  He was certainly better than some who came after him.  All things considered I think Bloomberg was the most competent Mayor of NYC but then there is his utter flip-flop on term limits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I came to the States in 1982 right in the middle of the Koch era.  He was certainly better than some who came after him.  All things considered I think Bloomberg was the most competent Mayor of NYC but then there is his utter flip-flop on term limits.

Guiliani and Bloomberg were both much better.  Guiliani turned out to be a crook and a traitor and Bloomberg has the personality of mold but they were both miles better than Koch as Mayor of NYC.  They both burst the bubble that NYC couldn't be managed.  

Lindsay was a very good looking guy and he and Koch both had a great line of BS but neither one of them even attemtpted to manage the city.  

I think you're a Brit?  Lindsay had the same kind of BS charm that Johnson has.  It's complete nonsense but he's fun to listen to.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

My boy Trevor Lawrence was able to beat an ALABAMA defense in order to win a National Championship as only a true Freshman. 

Your boy Justin Fields wasn't able to beat an ALABAMA defense and wasn't able to (ever) win a National Championship (3 years). 

Trevor vs. Alabama: 20/32 (62.5%), 347 Passing Yards another 3 TDs and a QB Rating of 184.5. 

Fields vs. Alabama: 17/35 (51.5%), 194 Passing Yards with only 1 TD and a QB Rating of only 110.9. 

My favorite QB did much better during his 1st National Championship game than your QB did during his 1st National Championship (embarrassment). 

My favorite QB went #1 overall. 

Your favorite QB was passed up on by 10 other teams and went behind Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson and TREY FREAKING LANCE!

(Looks like I knew what I was talking about, more than you did). 

I thought you'd turned a corner recently (silly me), but seems you're back to offering trash takes.  Fields walked over Lawrence in both encounters. TL took an NCAA hall of game team to the natty in his freshman year and then proceeded to choke in the playoffs the next years. 

Bury this take. Just do it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I thought you'd turned a corner recently (silly me), but seems you're back to offering trash takes.  Fields walked over Lawrence in both encounters. TL took an NCAA hall of game team to the natty in his freshman year and then proceeded to choke in the playoffs the next years. 

Bury this take. Just do it. 

How many National Championships did Justin Fields ever win?

Exactly. 

 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

So soft. 

Dominated Bosa. 

So soft. 

Dude shows great potential and I mean top 5 in league potential. Love the kid. Yet, if he’s home with sniffles or foot soreness he ain’t blocking no one. I’m putting this on the Jets training staff as well, toughen that big cupcake up. They need him in for 100% of snaps, because I believe he can be that good. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

How many National Championships did Justin Fields ever win?

Exactly. 

 

What a stupid fcking post.  Neither did Peyton Manning at Tennessee, or Tom Brady at Michigan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What a stupid fcking post.  Neither did Peyton Manning at Tennessee, or Tom Brady at Michigan

 

My favorite NCAA QB went #1 overall. 

Fields was passed on by 10 other teams. 

Only time will tell on an NFL level but Trevor Lawrence had a much better NCAA career than Justin Fields did. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Guiliani and Bloomberg were both much better.  Guiliani turned out to be a crook and a traitor and Bloomberg has the personality of mold but they were both miles better than Koch as Mayor of NYC.  They both burst the bubble that NYC couldn't be managed.  

Lindsay was a very good looking guy and he and Koch both had a great line of BS but neither one of them even attemtpted to manage the city.  

I think you're a Brit?  Lindsay had the same kind of BS charm that Johnson has.  It's complete nonsense but he's fun to listen to.  

Yep, south London born and bred.  Johnson is a bit of a twit but he does understand how this whole elections thing works and also how to prevail in the back-alley political knife fights which take place out of sight of the world.

Dinkins was the least competent of any the NYC mayors who I have witnessed first hand.

Guiliani gave me the willies all the way back to his days as ADA for the southern district of NY.  I cannot even count the number of Bankers or hedge fund guys forced to do the perp-walk in shackles in time to make the evening news only to learn quietly weeks or months later that charges were dropped for lack of evidence.  Not that I am a defender of bankers and Hedge fund managers because I am not.   He just never had any problems to trampling on people's rights to suit his own career path purposes even back then.

I do not even recognize the thing he has morphed into at this point.  Vascular or alcohol induced dementia. may be the kindest way to explain it  A caricature of a caricature.  Way too willing to believe his own dog-eared press clippings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

My favorite NCAA QB went #1 overall. 

Fields was passed on by 10 other teams. 

Only time will tell on an NFL level but Trevor Lawrence had a much better NCAA career than Justin Fields did. 

I'm pretty sure you had almost this exact post earlier in this thread or another thread. 

It's this brand of braggadocio D**chery that makes you so unlikeable to the masses. It's that same on brand behavior that makes me enjoy you so much.

However, It is not a hot take to think TL was better than Fields. It was the consensus take, why the undeserved victory lap? You just sound like a TL fan girl who is rubbing Fields fans noses in it.

 

The normies don't approve... get it together DWC... Get it together

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I lived in a Lefrak building on 62nd Rd & Yellowstone Blvd.  Our 2 feet of snow wasn't plowed for an entire week.  Lindsay showed up in Kew Gardens on Union Turnpike later in the week to make a post-emergency speech and people threw snowballs at him.  Lindsay was the only republican that my mother ever voted for.  All based on his good looks no doubt. 

He was a Liberal as mayor and ran for president as a Dem he was whatever worked at the time.. But I agree he sucked as mayor until the present one beat him for sucking..

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What a stupid fcking post.  Neither did Peyton Manning at Tennessee, 

 

To be fair. Manning had his chance @ his National Championship @ Tennessee.

But. He stinking blew it. 

1998. Vs. Nebraska. 

Manning: only 134 yards passing and only 1 TD.

Tennessee lost by the score of 42-17. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, freestater said:

What you did was, call a particular thing he did "gay". Was it meant as a compliment? I can conclude by context that it was not. It was used as a pejorative. As an insult. Completely disregarding your semantic ploy, all you're doing is attempting to rationalize your use of a term meant to insult me and others' sexuality. It's deplorable. @Maxman has made it clear it's unacceptable behavior on the site. 

Stop doing it. 

I'd kinda prefer he keep doing it, so he finally gets that lifetime ban he fully deserves, and quits derailing threads.

Call me gay, @Defense Wins Championships.

 

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok. And he played more snaps than guys like Julio Jones and Denzel Mims and hundreds of others so what's your point, other than injuries happen in Football, did he require any type of surgery? No. 

At the end of the day he liked up and started in 14 games (left two early) and completed a full 12 games of dominant play.

Your snap count method is flawed. He would've played a lot more "snaps" with a QB who could A) keep drives alive and B.) A defense who could actually, get off the field (add another 100+ snaps for him on any other team). 

Playing in 12 full games (14 starts) is more than most NFL players (especially ROOKIES) could ever hope for. 

And his weight has nothing to do with his height? Funny. Because I bet you can not list me 20 NFL players (Offensive Lineman or not) who's taller than 6'7...

And his weight being an "issue" in college is completely false because...

A.) He never missed a single game in College due to injury/weight throughout 3 full years of starting @ Louisville. 

B.) Never even committed a single Offensive Penalty while @ Louisville. 

C ) During the first 4 games of the 2017 season, Becton was the highest rated freshman in the country by Pro Football Focus, and during the 7 he was the best pass-blocker in the ACC, allowing only 6 pressures in 312 snaps. Becton was named a starting tackle for the 2018 season and started every game, bringing his total number of games started to 23 by the end of the season and Becton was again named a starting tackle for the 2019 season; where he received first team All-ACC honors after the conclusion of the regular season). 

D.) His 5.1 40x was one of the fastest 40's ever recorded by an Offensive Lineman. 

So please reiterate for me how his weight was an issue in college, when it obviously never was...

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

https://www.ranker.com/list/tallest-current-nfl-players/ranker-nfl  5 sec google search

 

Becton at the end of each game

xfiuJw3.gif

I'm not reading the rest of your crap

 

 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

To be fair. Manning had his chance @ his National Championship @ Tennessee.

But. He stinking blew it. 

1998. Vs. Nebraska. 

Manning: only 134 yards passing and only 1 TD.

Tennessee lost by the score of 42-17. 

Why do you do the things that you do?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Beaver said:

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

https://www.ranker.com/list/tallest-current-nfl-players/ranker-nfl  5 sec google search

 

Becton at the end of each game

xfiuJw3.gif

I'm not reading the rest of your crap

 

 

 

You're the one who claimed he had "weight issues in college" but then once proven wrong you run away from facts?

A.) He never missed a single game in College due to injury/weight throughout 3 full years of starting @ Louisville. 

B.) Never even committed a single Offensive Penalty while @ Louisville. 

C ) During the first 4 games of the 2017 season, Becton was the highest rated freshman in the country by Pro Football Focus, and during the 7 he was the best pass-blocker in the ACC, allowing only 6 pressures in 312 snaps. Becton was named a starting tackle for the 2018 season and started every game, bringing his total number of games started to 23 by the end of the season and Becton was again named a starting tackle for the 2019 season; where he received first team All-ACC honors after the conclusion of the regular season). 

D.) His 5.1 40x was one of the fastest 40's ever recorded by an Offensive Lineman. 

Care to reiterate your claims of Becton having weight issues in college?

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're the one who claimed he had "weight issues in college" but then once proven wrong you run away from facts?

A.) He never missed a single game in College due to injury/weight throughout 3 full years of starting @ Louisville. 

B.) Never even committed a single Offensive Penalty while @ Louisville. 

C ) During the first 4 games of the 2017 season, Becton was the highest rated freshman in the country by Pro Football Focus, and during the 7 he was the best pass-blocker in the ACC, allowing only 6 pressures in 312 snaps. Becton was named a starting tackle for the 2018 season and started every game, bringing his total number of games started to 23 by the end of the season and Becton was again named a starting tackle for the 2019 season; where he received first team All-ACC honors after the conclusion of the regular season). 

D.) His 5.1 40x was one of the fastest 40's ever recorded by an Offensive Lineman. 

Care to reiterate your claims of Becton having weight issues in college?

Weight concerns. 

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-04-16/nfl-draft-prospects-mekhi-becton-louisville-lineman

Teams, despite their immense interest in him, are also dubious of his ability to control his weight. He would like to drop below 350, but playing above that number hasn’t hindered him yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, freestater said:

Gay people who've said it to me have been thrashed. Its a trash word for trash people.  @Defense Wins Championships 

Don't be a hypocrite. 

You just called gay people, gay.

On a more serious note I have no problem with men who like men or women who like women and when I said the word "gay" I always thought it stood for 'happy and colorful'. 

I do apologize if I offended you or anyone else but I didn't use the word in a malicious way and I most certainly never called anyone gay (however I was wrong for using the word). 

 

 

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Weight concerns. 

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-04-16/nfl-draft-prospects-mekhi-becton-louisville-lineman

Teams, despite their immense interest in him, are also dubious of his ability to control his weight. He would like to drop below 350, but playing above that number hasn’t hindered him yet.

But please explain to me how he had well weight issues while playing in college...?

Because, he didn't. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...