Julio being traded to Tennessee

This is right on par with what I thought the Falcons would get for Julio. As mentioned earlier, it is definitely not a trade the Jets should have been considering given the age/health and time frame our team is looking at.

I do like this move for the Titans, Julio will likely be the 3rd option for that team and the 2nd round pick they gave up likely wouldn't have effected their SB chances over the next 2 seasons which is roughly their entire window anyway.

As for the Falcons, woof, that is going to be a hard team to watch. I really don't think Ryan has much left in the tank. It feels similar to the final season or 2 that the Giants had with Eli where everyone knew he was done but they held onto him anyway.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I wouldn't call Julio as a player who's been "very healthy" throughout his NFL career...

As a rookie (2011) he missed 3 games due to a broken bone in his foot dating back to his final college season. 

As a 3rd year player (2013) he suffered a fractured foot and missed the rest of the season... Missed 11 games. 

(Jet fans would have SO BEEN calling him INJURY PRONE after 14 missed games throughout only his 1st 3 seasons...)

And from there he pretty much remained healthy, up until last year.

Where he missed another 7 games due to a lingering hamstring injury and now he'll look to make another comeback but this time @ 32 years old. 

Since being drafted he's played 10 years and has missed 25 games; that's an average of 2.5 missed games per season. 

Funny how you decided to mention "Corey Davis". 

What are you even talking about? 

Corey Davis (unlike Julio Jones) has never missed anything more than 5 games during a single season due to injury. 

Corey Davis missed 5 games as a rookie (2017) due to a hamstring injury.

Corey Davis played all 16 games as a 2nd year player (2018).

Corey Davis only missed 1 game due to a bruised hip and played in 15 games as a 3rd year player (2019). 

And Corey Davis last year as a 4th year player (2020) played in 14 games and only missed 2 gms. One of those missed games was because of Covid-19 Protocol (doesn't count as an "injury" and PS: Davis elected to play a day after the death of his older brother to cancer, recording five catches for 67 yards. 

etc. etc. 

But yet you'll use words like "always seems to be hurt" when talking Corey Davis?

Weird. 

Throughout 4 years, Corey Davis has only missed 7 games due to injury (1.75 games missed due to injury per season). 

And you do know that outside of Corey's rookie season, over the previous 3 years he's only missed 2 games due to "injury" and has played in 45 games (compared to Julio who missed 7 games last year). 

Please @More Cowbell please never act and pretend as if Corey Davis "always seems to be injured". 

You know, your bio on these two just proved my point. Davis has played 4 years and has missed multiple games twice. That is a small sample but it is 50% of the time and he is already hurt as a Jet. Jones has played 10 years and has 6 seasons with at leat 15 games. Sorry but there is no comparison.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Can't even fit all of Julio's injuries on 1 screen shot (like you can Corey Davis). 

@More Cowbell

You were saying....?

???

Screenshot_20210607-001015.thumb.png.2736556e7f8620ff35abb106cd95a87d.pngScreenshot_20210607-001027.thumb.png.8170a9a5f5354fc8ab3cd258d12aecb6.pngScreenshot_20210607-001045.thumb.png.a033bee270b1a8309c4700f648687313.pngScreenshot_20210607-001105.thumb.png.0cc7cbc51ad93658e4c08485c1650de0.pngScreenshot_20210607-001120.thumb.png.5700efcb8b0dfad08a35abb516dabfac.pngScreenshot_20210607-001127.thumb.png.3e87eb85858d0ed2f2ff0e1735f8bb25.pngScreenshot_20210607-001136.thumb.png.1dd1aa19e1f3f670387d3334a4bb51a0.png

Look at games played. Everyone gets injured in the NFL. Your 2.5 games injured a year doesn't  pass the smell test because 2 years skew it. It's  like a RB who has 130 yards in a game when all he got on 15 carries for 40 yarrds and he rips of one run for 90 yards. 

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Tannehill, Mr. Game manager, led the league in yards per attemtp in 2019 and he was top 5 last year.   What he does is throw the ball downfield to WR.  TN doesn't throw to their backs and they unloaded a good TE who didn't catch a ton of balls and he will be replaced by a TE who will catch less balls.  Julio is in an O where the box is going to be loaded and the O is based on running the ball and huge chunk plays to the WR's.   Brown and Julio will see a ton of long balls in TN O.  

This is an O which is taylor made for Jones to explode in with a QB who's best quality is the deep play action pass. 

This all day.

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

You know, your bio on these two just proved my point. Davis has played 4 years and has missed multiple games twice. That is a small sample but it is 50% of the time and he is already hurt as a Jet. Jones has played 10 years and has 6 seasons with at leat 15 games. Sorry but there is no comparison.  

That's complete horse crap because outside of his rookie season (5 games missed) Corey Davis has played in a total of 45 out of a possible 48 games following his rookie year

(and 1 missed game was because of Covid-19 Protocol)

ala throughout his previous 3 years he's only missed two games due to injury (2018/2019/2020). 

He even played the next day following his brothers death. 

In comparison to Julio Jones who's missed 8 games throughout the previous 3 years (and left another 4 games early because of injury). 

In 4 seasons of play Corey Davis would've had 3/4 years of at least 15 games (missing 1 game last year because of Covid-19 Protocol doesn't count as an "injury") so what's your point? 

Julio Jones first 4 years = 16 games missed due to injury. 

Corey Davis first 4 years = 7 games missed due to injury. 

No matter which way you try and spin it; your remarks of "Julio Jones has been very healthy and Corey Davis seems to be injured all the time" was and is complete horse crap. 

If you're going to hold his Rookie season against him because of 5 missed games then so be it; but let's not sit here and pretend as if Corey Davis hasn't only missed 2 games throughout his previous 3 years of play (45 games played). 

And your remark of Corey Davis "already being hurt as a JET" is another dramatic hot take. 

Just ask his coach. Robert Saleh. 

"Corey Davis did not participate, though Saleh said that “if it was game week, he would be rolling.”

“He is one of those veterans who doesn’t really need the reps,” Saleh said. “We have a lot of young guys on our roster. He’s perfectly fine

Only TWO GAMES MISSED BECAUSE OF INJURY OVER HIS PREVIOUS 3 YEARS (2018/2019/2020) says hello ?

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Tannehill, Mr. Game manager, led the league in yards per attemtp in 2019 and he was top 5 last year.   What he does is throw the ball downfield to WR.  TN doesn't throw to their backs and they unloaded a good TE who didn't catch a ton of balls and he will be replaced by a TE who will catch less balls.  Julio is in an O where the box is going to be loaded and the O is based on running the ball and huge chunk plays to the WR's.   Brown and Julio will see a ton of long balls in TN O.  

This is an O which is taylor made for Jones to explode in with a QB who's best quality is the deep play action pass.   I love Ryan but he's arm isn't in the same league as Tannehill's.  He's falling off the cliff and simply doesn't get the ball out deep quickly enough anymore.   He throws a ton of hangers and Julio takes a lot of hits because of it. 

Yep. Matt Ryan's knock coming out of BC was that he had a pennington arm. Obviously that was a slight exaggeration for most of his career, but at this point, yea he's essentially 2007 penny.  

17 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That's complete horse crap because outside of his rookie season (5 games missed) Corey Davis has played in a total of 45 out of a possible 48 games following his rookie year

(and 1 missed game was because of Covid-19 Protocol)

ala throughout his previous 3 years he's only missed two games due to injury (2018/2019/2020). 

He even played the next day following his brothers death. 

In comparison to Julio Jones who's missed 8 games throughout the previous 3 years (and left another 4 games early because of injury). 

In 4 seasons of play Corey Davis would've had 3/4 years of at least 15 games (missing 1 game last year because of Covid-19 Protocol doesn't count as an "injury") so what's your point? 

Julio Jones first 4 years = 16 games missed due to injury. 

Corey Davis first 4 years = 7 games missed due to injury. 

No matter which way you try and spin it; your remarks of "Julio Jones has been very healthy and Corey Davis seems to be injured all the time" was and is complete horse crap. 

If you're going to hold his Rookie season against him because of 5 missed games then so be it; but let's not sit here and pretend as if Corey Davis hasn't only missed 2 games throughout his previous 3 years of play (45 games played). 

And your remark of Corey Davis "already being hurt as a JET" is another dramatic hot take. 

Just ask his coach. Robert Saleh. 

"Corey Davis did not participate, though Saleh said that “if it was game week, he would be rolling.”

“He is one of those veterans who doesn’t really need the reps,” Saleh said. “We have a lot of young guys on our roster. He’s perfectly fine

Only TWO GAMES MISSED BECAUSE OF INJURY OVER HIS PREVIOUS 3 YEARS (2018/2019/2020) says hello ?

The whole credibility  of your argument was shot to Hell in the first paragraph where you took out Davis's rookie season yet for Julio even though he has a pretty solid resume of playing full or close to full seasons despite the laundry list of injuries you posted which i would venture to say is similar for anyone who plays as long as he has, you happily  include it where he missed a big chunk of games

Why does Davis get this break but Julio who has proven he can stay healthy compared to Davis who now has a shoulder injury that was serious enough to require it to be scanned does not? 

Davis i believe has only played in 4 pre-season games in 4 years. Why do you think that is?

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The whole credibility  of your argument was shot to Hell in the first paragraph where you took out Davis's rookie season yet for Julio even though he has a pretty solid resume of playing full or close to full seasons despite the laundry list of injuries you posted which i would venture to say is similar for anyone who plays as long as he has, you happily  include it where he missed a big chunk of games

Why does Davis get this break but Julio who has proven he can stay healthy compared to Davis who now has a shoulder injury that was serious enough to require it to be scanned does not? 

Davis i believe has only played in 4 pre-season games in 4 years. Why do you think that is?

Julio Jones first 4 years = 16 games missed. 

Corey Davis first 4 years = 7 games missed.

And throughout the previous 3 years of 2018/2019/2020 Corey Davis has only missed 2 games (because of injury). 

??

And Coach SALEH has already stated that Corey Davis would be ready to ROLL come game day. 

Nice try in OTAs tho. 

PS: You do know that Julio Jones missed a full 7 games just last year alone of 2020, right?

Julio Jones missed as many games last year alone because of injury (7) as Corey Davis has throughout his entire 4 year career because of injury (7). 

?

17 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Julio Jones first 4 years = 16 games missed. 

Corey Davis first 4 years = 7 games missed.

And throughout the previous 3 years of 2018/2019/2020 Corey Davis has only missed 2 games (because of injury). 

??

And Coach SALEH has already stated that Corey Davis would be ready to ROLL come game day. 

Nice try in OTAs tho. 

PS: You do know that Julio Jones missed a full 7 games just last year alone of 2020, right?

Julio Jones missed as many games last year alone because of injury (7) as Corey Davis has throughout his entire 4 year career because of injury (7). 

?

Oh, but if you take out 2013, he only missed 5 games. I mean im using your way of arguing this. Should be fine for making this point. 

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh, but if you take out 2013, he only missed 5 games. I mean im using your way of arguing this. Should be fine for making this point. 

I mean. You never had a point to begin with. 

You told me that Corey Davis is always hurt (which was a bold face lie). 

Because throughout the previous 3 seasons of 2018/2019/2020 he's played in 45 games and has only missed 2 games because of injury throughout his previous 3 years. 

You can't make this crap up. 

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

I guess this is the new normal for trading disgruntled talented WRs. 

Atlanta got essentially the same value ( a 2nd plus a 2023 4th)  as Houston did for Hopkins (a 2nd + David Johnson).  With Nuk being a lot younger.  

We Jets fans just have to be thankful that the market for disgruntled safeties is much more rewarding than is the market disgruntled WRs.  Either that or Joe Douglas is a Master Thief.

Jones for the 2 and change makes sense.

Hopkins for the 2 and change did not.  Hopkins was young, elite, and not even really disgruntled when the trade happened.  He just needed a new contract, which most teams in the league would have happily given him. 

O'Brien is a moron and he should have gotten a 1st rounder plus in that deal.  And that is of course why he got canned and is no longer employed by an NFL team.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Agreed. Definitely no utility to giving a rookie qb a stud, non-diva WR who can dictate coverage and make contested catches

He's probably not a stud anymore, that's the issue there.  Last year, in the 9 games he was on the field, he was good but not great.  Now he's 32, and a guy who will constantly have a "Q" tag week after week.  He barely ever makes it to practices anymore.  And if he can't be there for practices with Wilson during a given week, he is going to be limited in how much he can help the kid.  He could afford to miss practices constantly with veteran QB's in Matt Ryan and Tannehill. 

The picks we would have given up are more valuable to this team's future than what Julio Jones would have brought to the table for his final 1-2 years of relevance left in the league, at most.  That same reasoning is why no one else gave up a 1st round pick to obtain his services, either.  He was always going to go to a contender for about what Atlanta got; what will end up being a late 2 and some change.

Corey Davis, Denzel Mims, and probably Elijah Moore will almost definitely be providing more value to the Jets in 2022-23 than Julio Jones will be to the Titans at that time, and that's the relevant part of this for Joe Douglas and the Jets.  Trading a 2 (which for us would likely be a high 2, even with Jones on the roster) and possibly an extra pick or 2 for Julio to help Wilson along for 1 year just wouldn't have been worth it.

I love Julio Jones, and in a different set of circumstances, I'd love to have him here, too.  But for what he has left to give, this was only a good move for a team like Tennessee and would not have been a good move for the Jets.  

Maybe in a year or 2, if he's done with Tennessee by then, we can pick him up a lot cheaper for Wilson's 2nd or 3rd season in the pros.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jones for the 2 and change makes sense.

Hopkins for the 2 and change did not.  Hopkins was young, elite, and not even really disgruntled when the trade happened.  He just needed a new contract, which most teams in the league would have happily given him. 

O'Brien is a moron and he should have gotten a 1st rounder plus in that deal.  And that is of course why he got canned and is no longer employed by an NFL team.

As a Julio Jones owner (since his rookie season) in a dynasty-type fantasy league, I have to say how happy I am he's on his way to Tenn, where he will be the #2 receiving option and less often double teamed.  Maybe TDs will be a little easier to come by for the next season or two for him.  Anyway, it's my job to pump him up in that league to find a sucker for a trade partner.  Your post isn't helping me. Butt fumble.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

As a Julio Jones owner (since his rookie season) in a dynasty-type fantasy league, I have to say how happy I am he's on his way to Tenn, where he will be the #2 receiving option and less often double teamed.  Maybe TDs will be a little easier to come by for the next season or two for him.  Anyway, it's my job to pump him up in that league to find a sucker for a trade partner.  Your post isn't helping me. Butt fumble.

I do think his productivity in Tennessee will be good as a high end WR2 type.  I just don't think he'd have done well here, was my point.  I wouldn't be too upset to be a Julio Jones owner this season.  But in a dynasty league like yours, beyond this year I'm not so sure.  He'll be 33 then....

It may take some time for him to get acclimated with Tannehill, but look for him to have some nice games starting in Week 4 or so.  That'll be the time to trade him.  Right now you probably won't get much.

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I mean. You never had a point to begin with. 

You told me that Corey Davis is always hurt (which was a bold face lie). 

Because throughout the previous 3 seasons of 2018/2019/2020 he's played in 45 games and has only missed 2 games because of injury throughout his previous 3 years. 

You can't make this crap up. 

He has missed multiple games in 2 of the 4 seasons he has played, he couldn't  finish the playoff game last season because he got hurt. He hurt his shoulder catching a ball this season during OTA's but the guy has no injury issues.   

27 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He has missed multiple games in 2 of the 4 seasons he has played, he couldn't  finish the playoff game last season because he got hurt. He hurt his shoulder catching a ball this season during OTA's but the guy has no injury issues.   

Nice try. 

He's had 3 consecutive years of no more than 1 game missed because of injury. 

2018: 16 games played. 

2019: 15 games played. 

2020: 14 games played.

And missing 1 game last year because of Covid-19 Protocol doesn't count as an "injury". 

Because of injury? 

2018: 0 games missed. 

2019: a whooping 1 game missed.

2020: a whooping 1 game missed (because of injury). 

So what's your freaking point other than having none?

And PS; I never brought "Corey Davis" into this thread, you did. 

5 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Agreed. Definitely no utility to giving a rookie qb a stud, non-diva WR who can dictate coverage and make contested catches

... and then be gone in 2 years just when our QB is coming into his prime.

Also - no way on God's green Earth was Jones EVER coming here, so the argument is irrelevant anyway.

• Upvote 1

Julio Jones (first 4 years):

278 Receptions (445 ?), 4,330 receiving yards and 26 TDs (62.5% catch rate).

Corey Davis (first 4 years):

207 Receptions (338 ?), 2,851 receiving yards and 11 TDs (61.2%). 

Joe Douglas just provided us with an impactful outside WR. 

Keep in mind (when looking at these numbers) that Julio Jones was blessed with a Franchise and prime QB in Matt Ryan (33-13 record and coming off a 13-3 season before Julio Jones even ever arrived) within a run and gun passing offense;

All while Corey Davis was stuck in a Derrick Henry (heavy) run 1st Tennessee Offense with Marcus Mariota for his first two years and then a game manager in Ryan Tanny for the next two years. 

I'd rather give this kid Corey Davis a real opportunity alongside of Zach Wilson before giving a 32 year old WR in Julio Jones (who's coming off an INJURY plagued 2020 season with 7 games missed) along with his gigantic cap hit. 

Corey Davis, Denzel Mims and Elijah Moore will become a really fun trio of WRs with hopefully Jamison Crowder as our deadly #4. 

I like what JD is doing. 

It's an okay deal for the TItans.  If they can get their defense to perform, they have a shot to get that much further in the playoffs.  But the deal means they are done for a couple of years in terms of significant FA signings.

If the Falcons were willing to eat a big piece of the remaining Jones contract (they weren't) and the Jets were a year further ahead in their rebuild, and had just won 8 to 10 games, then maybe it's worth a shot.  

Smaller and less suffocating money will be better spent next year on a top TE free agent.

On 6/6/2021 at 3:31 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

No, he's not. 

He's had 6 years of 6 TDs (or fewer) and only 1 year of double digit TDs (10, 2012). 

And @ 32 years old he's coming off a 51 catch, 771 receiving yards and 3 TD season (due to missing 7 games because of a hamstring injury). 

He's an awesome WR yes, but he's now going from Matt Ryan to Ryan Tannehill and there a big time drop off because Matt Ryan has never had to be hidden behind a Derrick Henry type of run 1st Offense. 

His numbers may go down a bit, since they throw so much more, but he is a good (if healthy) add to that offense.

Tenn wants to pound with the running game.  A healthy Julio means if you stack the box, he is going to have opportunities down the field. 

The trade makes sense for Tenn, not for us.   The Jets just brought in a FA wide receiver, and used 2nd round picks the last 2 seasons on more WR.   We should see what those guys can do before throwing them to the bench for a 32 year old banged up former pro bowler.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's probably not a stud anymore, that's the issue there.  Last year, in the 9 games he was on the field, he was good but not great.  Now he's 32, and a guy who will constantly have a "Q" tag week after week.  He barely ever makes it to practices anymore.  And if he can't be there for practices with Wilson during a given week, he is going to be limited in how much he can help the kid.  He could afford to miss practices constantly with veteran QB's in Matt Ryan and Tannehill. 

The picks we would have given up are more valuable to this team's future than what Julio Jones would have brought to the table for his final 1-2 years of relevance left in the league, at most.  That same reasoning is why no one else gave up a 1st round pick to obtain his services, either.  He was always going to go to a contender for about what Atlanta got; what will end up being a late 2 and some change.

Corey Davis, Denzel Mims, and probably Elijah Moore will almost definitely be providing more value to the Jets in 2022-23 than Julio Jones will be to the Titans at that time, and that's the relevant part of this for Joe Douglas and the Jets.  Trading a 2 (which for us would likely be a high 2, even with Jones on the roster) and possibly an extra pick or 2 for Julio to help Wilson along for 1 year just wouldn't have been worth it.

I love Julio Jones, and in a different set of circumstances, I'd love to have him here, too.  But for what he has left to give, this was only a good move for a team like Tennessee and would not have been a good move for the Jets.  

Maybe in a year or 2, if he's done with Tennessee by then, we can pick him up a lot cheaper for Wilson's 2nd or 3rd season in the pros.  

I don't think that's remotely accurate. Even in a year where he barely played half the games due to injury, he caught 75% of his targets and had 51 catches for 771 yards. Prorating that out to a 16 game season - and completely ignoring that it wasn't 9 full games, let alone 9 healthy games - he was on pace for 1370 yards, over 15 YPC, and 90 catches on only 120 targets. The year before that he had 99 receptions for 1400 yards in 15 games. Those are stud numbers. 

Julio was never coming here so it's not about that. And I understand the perspective that next year's 2d round pick (which won't be a WR) should be providing the Jets more value in 2023 and 2024 than Julio would ... looked at in a vacuum. But I'm not sure that's actually true if you factor in the impact a WR like Julio could have on Zach Wilson's development in 2021 and 2022, which is something that would pay dividends in 23, 24, and years after Julio retired. In the NFL, confidence means a hell of a lot and success breeds success, especially when it comes to QB play. Again, Julio wasn't on the table, so it's academic. But the idea that the Jets would have been smart to say "no thanks" if they could have flipped 2nd and 4th round picks for Jones and a 5th is not accurate, not when we'd still have another 2d rounder left in the arsenal.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I don't think that's remotely accurate. Even in a year where he barely played half the games due to injury, he caught 75% of his targets and had 51 catches for 771 yards. Prorating that out to a 16 game season - and completely ignoring that it wasn't 9 full games, let alone 9 healthy games - he was on pace for 1370 yards, over 15 YPC, and 90 catches on only 120 targets. The year before that he had 99 receptions for 1400 yards in 15 games. Those are stud numbers. 

Julio was never coming here so it's not about that. And I understand the perspective that next year's 2d round pick (which won't be a WR) should be providing the Jets more value in 2023 and 2024 than Julio would ... looked at in a vacuum. But I'm not sure that's actually true if you factor in the impact a WR like Julio could have on Zach Wilson's development in 2021 and 2022, which is something that would pay dividends in 23, 24, and years after Julio retired. In the NFL, confidence means a hell of a lot and success breeds success, especially when it comes to QB play. Again, Julio wasn't on the table, so it's academic. But the idea that the Jets would have been smart to say "no thanks" if they could have flipped 2nd and 4th round picks for Jones and a 5th is not accurate, not when we'd still have another 2d rounder left in the arsenal.

With only 3 TDs, which prorates out to just 5 TDs on the season.  So yes, that would have meant he'd have finished about 6th-7th in the league in yardage, but tied for just 44th in TDs.  

Good numbers, not "great" or "stud" numbers.  

And counting on him still being "that guy" at 32, with an extensive injury history (even if he hasn't been missing games, he misses nearly every practice of every week) for 2021 and beyond is what is truly questionable in all of this.  There are limits to how much you can help a rookie QB without practicing week in and week out. 

Those limits aren't in place with a veteran QB in place.  Jones doesn't have to practice to help out Matt Ryan or Ryan Tannehill.  He had an established relationship with Ryan and it'll be much easier to establish a connection with Tannehill despite few practices together.  

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With only 3 TDs, which prorates out to just 5 TDs on the season.  So yes, that would have meant he'd have finished about 6th-7th in the league in yardage, but tied for just 44th in TDs.  

Good numbers, not "great" or "stud" numbers.  

And counting on him still being "that guy" at 32, with an extensive injury history (even if he hasn't been missing games, he misses nearly every practice of every week) for 2021 and beyond is what is truly questionable in all of this.  There are limits to how much you can help a rookie QB without practicing week in and week out. 

Those limits aren't in place with a veteran QB in place.  Jones doesn't have to practice to help out Matt Ryan or Ryan Tannehill.  He had an established relationship with Ryan and it'll be much easier to establish a connection with Tannehill despite few practices together.  

For whatever reason, Julio has never been a big TD guy, though. He averages 6 TDs a year, which is crazy low for a WR of his quality. His career high is 10, and he's only had more than 6 TDs 4 of his 10 years in the league. He was halfway to his average season.

In other words, he's shown no real signs of slowing down

10 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

For whatever reason, Julio has never been a big TD guy, though. He averages 6 TDs a year, which is crazy low for a WR of his quality. His career high is 10, and he's only had more than 6 TDs 4 of his 10 years in the league. He was halfway to his average season.

In other words, he's shown no real signs of slowing down

Other than missing the 7 games last year and not showing up to practices at an increasing rate, of course.  The cumulative effect of all the injuries he's piled up over his career and the severity of which will only increase as he hits 32 years old.

Worthy risk for a contender?  Absolutely.  Worthy risk for the 2021 Jets, who are looking further ahead?  Absolutely not.  If your hope is that he's going to help your rookie develop, one of the last things you want is a guy who isn't going to be able to practice, is a pretty good bet to miss some games, and whom you gave up a high pick to acquire; picks that would be better served on guys who will be part of the org's plans in 2022 and beyond.  He has to actually be available to help the young kid.

Even if we had been one of the teams he'd have been willing to come to, I would not have been willing to pay the price to get him.  And I love the guy.  

• Sympathy 1

On 6/6/2021 at 1:45 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I will say that if he's able to return to 100%?

An offensive trio of Julio Jones/AJ Brown/Derrick Henry can be pretty special out there in Tennessee. 

Unfortunately, they have a QB in Ryan Tanny who will never be able to get them over the top. 

Yep, unless Henry is running for 150+ yards a game in January they aren't getting to a Super Bowl.  Going from Ryan to Tannehill is a huge downgrade for Julio.