Jump to content

C.J Mosley is BACK (2021)!


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly.

image.thumb.png.d1582ae5145b5b65862ab2734ba87c8a.png

Which is why I feel like we just drafted 3 1st round Players. 

Because @ only 28 years of age he's already a 4x Pro Bowler/4x All-Pro. 

And he's been absolutely great since dating back to Alabama ala 

•2× BCS national champion (2011, 2012).

• SEC champion (2012).

• Dick Butkus Award winner (2013).

• SEC Defensive Player of the Year (2013). 

• 2× Consensus All-American (2012, 2013). 

• 2 × First-team All-SEC (2012, 2013)

etc. 

David Harris was awesome for us and my favorite Jets MLB of All-Time and likewise for Jonathan Vilma. Marvin Jones I freaking loved too. 

And you know what's scary?

C.J Mosley has more Pro Bowl And All-Pro accolades than Harris/Vilma/Jones (combined) ala Jones never made an All-Pro/Pro Bowl team, Harris never made a Pro Bowl team and only earned 1 All-Pro (2009) and Vilma never made an All-Pro team but 3 Pro Bowl's (2005/2009/2010). 

What I'm saying is that C.J Mosley (when fully healthy) is the most talented and most dominant MLB our fan base (is on the verge of) ever having witnessed. 

Under coach Saleh? A rejuvenated and hungry C.J Mosley? Who's ready to run through brick walls for his new HC? And Middle Linebacking behind of Quinnen Williams? 

?

During his Jets debut game he not only picked off Josh Allen for a Pick-6 TD but he absolutely dominated the entire game and then the moment he got injured Buffalo made their comeback from behind win; that's the type of impact we're about to receive come 2021. 

28? That is a classic Mike Maccagnan draft pick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Jets news: Jamal Adams excited to team up with C.J. Mosley

Neither will have an impact on the 2021 season.

Well since we used a pick from the Adams trade to get AVT, I’d say Adams already has and I can only hope CJ can too but I am going to wait and see what he can do.

Reading this thread, I’m getting Lev Bell flashbacks. When I see a consistent CJ over the first few weeks I’ll get excited. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DJF71 said:

Lets see if he is healthy. Lets see if Q is healthy. Lets see if Becton is healthy. Lots of ifs.

Glad this team is young and this year is a throw away year.

Why is it a throw away year? 

Because of a Rookie HC (SALEH), a rookie OC (Mike LaFleur), a rookie DC (Ulbrich) and a rookie QB (Zach Wilson)

?

I'm so thankful that our 2009 Jets with a Rookie HC (Rex), a rookie OC (Shotty Jr.), a rookie DC (Pettine) and a rookie QB (Mark Sanchez)...

Never had that type of mentality (or else we never sniff an AFC Championship Game appearance). 

I'm also thankful our 1997 (reborn) Jets never approached our 1997 season as a "throw away" year after coming off a 1-15 disaster because if so? We never go 9-7 in 1997 followed by a 1998 AFC Championship Game appearance run. 

(C.J Mosley under coach Saleh and behind Quinnen Williams is going to lead us as a top 5 Defense). 

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fail to see how the "time-off" is a negative. So long as he stayed in shape (which it appears he has), IMO the time off is a big plus.   31 more (meaningless) game under his belt would have only served to have worn him down. It's not like he was a 2d year player who still needed development. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why is it a throw away year? 

Because of a Rookie HC (SALEH), a rookie OC (Mike LaFleur), a rookie DC (Ulbrich) and a rookie QB (Zach Wilson)

?

I'm so thankful that our 2009 Jets with a Rookie HC (Rex), a rookie OC (Shotty Jr.), a rookie DC (Pettine) and a rookie QB (Mark Sanchez)...

Never had that type of mentality (or else we never sniff an AFC Championship Game appearance). 

I'm also thankful our 1997 (reborn) Jets never approached our 1997 season as a "throw away" year after coming off a 1-15 disaster because if so? We never go 9-7 in 1997 followed by a 1998 AFC Championship Game appearance run. 

(C.J Mosley under coach Saleh and behind Quinnen Williams is going to lead us as a top 5 Defense). 

Dude, I'm not expecting the players and coaches to treat it as a throw away year. I was speaking of my expectations. I want to see progress and see a very good team come together. You know the common denominator with all those two year windows??  We fell off a cliff and went 8-8 and didn't have success for almost a decade after each. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why is it a throw away year? 

Because of a Rookie HC (SALEH), a rookie OC (Mike LaFleur), a rookie DC (Ulbrich) and a rookie QB (Zach Wilson)

?

I'm so thankful that our 2009 Jets with a Rookie HC (Rex), a rookie OC (Shotty Jr.), a rookie DC (Pettine) and a rookie QB (Mark Sanchez)...

Never had that type of mentality (or else we never sniff an AFC Championship Game appearance). 

I'm also thankful our 1997 (reborn) Jets never approached our 1997 season as a "throw away" year after coming off a 1-15 disaster because if so? We never go 9-7 in 1997 followed by a 1998 AFC Championship Game appearance run. 

(C.J Mosley under coach Saleh and behind Quinnen Williams is going to lead us as a top 5 Defense). 

We should have made the playoffs in 97 but parcells OKd that ridiculous hb option pass w/ leon johnson in the final game against the lions.

man, WFAN that night was just brutal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We should have made the playoffs in 97 but parcells OKd that ridiculous hb option pass w/ leon johnson in the final game against the lions.

man, WFAN that night was just brutal.

Yes. I remember that game and vividly too. I was 12 years old and afterwards was freaking heartbroken. I don't even know who won the SB that year because I refused to watch any of the playoff games that year. 

That HB pass isn't the only memory that's stuck with me tho. 

Barry Sanders got to eclipse 2,000+ rushing yards on the season against us on that day and I can't (ever) recall another NFL game where at the start of the 4th Quarter the Detroit fans were getting in trouble for too much crowd noise? as Neil O'Donnell couldn't get the hike off (I'm sorry but that's an awful and pathetic NFL rule) I remember the game being stopped at least 3-4x in order to quiet Detroit's rabid fans the refs even told the stadium to be quiet and even made the Lions defensive players motion to the crowd? Unbelievable. That was nuts to me. 

Speaking of the HB pass gone wrong. What a disaster. 3rd down and only down by 3 and already in FG range to tie the game (at worst) and we tossed an RB INT? Wtf?  

Thnx you for bringing this up because I've always wondered. Who was actually responsible for that play call? Defensive minded Big Tuna or our OC Charlie Weis? Who called that freaking play man? 

Speaking of RBs now thinking back, I've always been a sucker for awesome RBs and I know Adrian Murrell didn't throw that INT; but he was truly my 1st childhoods favorite offensive player as a kid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like some of you I also think this could be a big deal for the Jets. We know this guy could play at an elite level and if he can come back and still has something in the tank he could be the impact player he was in the short time he was on the field in 2019. He's still only 28 years old. Of course the same year we signed Mosley we signed Bell and that didn't work out although Bell like Mosley had previously been an impact player with the Steelers. (Bell btw is still only 29). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Like some of you I also think this could be a big deal for the Jets. We know this guy could play at an elite level and if he can come back and still has something in the tank he could be the impact player he was in the short time he was on the field in 2019. He's still only 28 years old. Of course the same year we signed Mosley we signed Bell and that didn't work out although Bell like Mosley had previously been an impact player with the Steelers. (Bell btw is still only 29). 

I grew up loving and raving about the likes of Marvin Jones, Jonathan Vilma and David Hitman Harris but a healthy C.J Mosley is scary; he's even better than all 3 of my favorites. 

Last year throughout 2020 I was pissed @ Mosley for quitting on his teammates and us fans. I made remarks such as I hope he never plays a single down for our Jets again etc. 

However now thinking back? I blame Adam Gase and Adam Gase only for turning a once natural born homer into a negative Nancy. I never once rooted for a Jets loss. Not even during meaningless week 17 games for draft position; 2020 was a 1st (and last) for me. 

And then THIS happened;

image.thumb.png.41521bdf559d7aba9085e01be55a9317.png

image.thumb.png.90cd8fe14981f30cbbba8e2b2e24c5b8.png

image.thumb.png.7cce33f927d2a81f2a1a1db108244431.png

And now, outside of Quinnen Williams; C.J Mosley has immediately (over night) became the Defensive player who I'm most looking forward to come 2021 (under coach Saleh). 

image.png.46ff4ca0b901fa77f855c81317417051.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly.

image.thumb.png.d1582ae5145b5b65862ab2734ba87c8a.png

Which is why I feel like we just drafted 3 1st round Players. 

Because @ only 28 years of age he's already a 4x Pro Bowler/4x All-Pro. 

And he's been absolutely great since dating back to Alabama ala 

•2× BCS national champion (2011, 2012).

• SEC champion (2012).

• Dick Butkus Award winner (2013).

• SEC Defensive Player of the Year (2013). 

• 2× Consensus All-American (2012, 2013). 

• 2 × First-team All-SEC (2012, 2013)

etc. 

David Harris was awesome for us and my favorite Jets MLB of All-Time and likewise for Jonathan Vilma. Marvin Jones I freaking loved too. 

And you know what's scary?

C.J Mosley has more Pro Bowl And All-Pro accolades than Harris/Vilma/Jones (combined) ala Jones never made an All-Pro/Pro Bowl team, Harris never made a Pro Bowl team and only earned 1 All-Pro (2009) and Vilma never made an All-Pro team but 3 Pro Bowl's (2005/2009/2010). 

What I'm saying is that C.J Mosley (when fully healthy) is the most talented and most dominant MLB our fan base (is on the verge of) ever having witnessed. 

Under coach Saleh? A rejuvenated and hungry C.J Mosley? Who's ready to run through brick walls for his new HC? And Middle Linebacking behind of Quinnen Williams? 

?

During his Jets debut game he not only picked off Josh Allen for a Pick-6 TD but he absolutely dominated the entire game and then the moment he got injured Buffalo made their comeback from behind win; that's the type of impact we're about to receive come 2021. 

Yep. And if this guy comes back with the same fire and health as he had in 2019 then I wouldn’t worry too much about where saleh will play him.  He’s an excellent player and those guys can adapt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2021 at 11:09 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

During his Jets debut game he not only picked off Josh Allen for a Pick-6 TD but he absolutely dominated the entire game and then the moment he got injured Buffalo made their comeback from behind win; that's the type of impact we're about to receive come 2021. 

That game proved how much of a game changer he really is, the defense was pretty much playing lights out until he got injured, also we saw what happened after that the whole team fell apart. If Mosley can stay healthy this season I think they can be a top 10 defense, especially if we get decent CB play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

These are the Jets, we already know what is going to happen with Mosely, we're all going to be excited about having him 'back; and he will be done for the season before October hits, you guys watch.

Incidentally reporters and columnists were gushing over how great Le'Veon Bell looked in practice in 2019 and how he instantly made them  better team.  How he showed no signs of rust after a one year absence from football (NOT 2 years mind you). That's why you play actual games before judging ANY player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...