Where contract negotiations between Seahawks, Jamal Adams could hit a snag

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

The right way to deal with Jamal is to offer him a Ricky Williams contract that could hypothetically make him the highest paid player in the NFL if he hits absurd performance metrics. I bet he'd get real quiet if he was asked to be compensated on a pay-for-performance model.

Yes by absurd performance metrics ..3 picks a season! Haha 

• Haha 2

On 6/22/2021 at 10:52 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

But even though it seems set in stone that he will reset the market for his position, it’s fair to question whether he should overtake Justin Simmons as the league’s highest-paid safety.

Unlike the Denver Broncos star, Adams does not excel in pass coverage. While he’s terrific at putting pressure on the quarterback (21.5 sacks, 37 quarterback hits), it’s impossible to ignore he’s recorded only two interceptions in 58 starts. According to Pro Football Reference, Adams allowed a 77.8% completion rate on 45 targets during his first season with the Seahawks. Quarterbacks recorded a rating of 104.7 against him — a stark difference from 2018 (74.7) and 2019 (75.2). His coverage struggles could get further exposed twice a year with Matthew Stafford now leading the Los Angeles Rams.

A great big GFY to all those here on JN who relentlessly argued with me on the specific issue that Adams was good in coverage.  First you all said he was great in coverage, later you said he was solid in coverage and berated anyone here who didn't agree.  

Truth:  He S-U-C-K-S in coverage.. always has and always will.  And that makes him a liability and not worth even half the price he's asking for.  I'm so glad I can't remember the 6 or 7 of you who arrogantly pushed the Adams propaganda despite the facts.   

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jgb said:

I wonder if the Seahawks have JD's number blocked now. Don't expect anymore trades with them anytime soon lol.

What they really should do is take away Pete Carroll's phone.  The entire deal was Pete Carroll fueled.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

Get ready, Jamal will go play for Belichick on the cheap kick our ass and win some SB's

I think NE has won their last SB for a while.  They are getting credit for past success now, but without Brady, this is at best an average team.  WIthout looking, name their top two WRs.  Top RB.  Top DE.  Their biggest current star, Gilmore, is probably on the way out within a year.  They have a very good LB corps and two new TEs who will be hoping the ball finds them and no clear answer at QB.  Honestly, I think we could put them in the cellar this season if a few things break right.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

A great big GFY to all those here on JN who relentlessly argued with me on the specific issue that Adams was good in coverage.  First you all said he was great in coverage, later you said he was solid in coverage and berated anyone here who didn't agree.  

Truth:  He S-U-C-K-S in coverage.. always has and always will.  And that makes him a liability and not worth even half the price he's asking for.  I'm so glad I can't remember the 6 or 7 of you who arrogantly pushed the Adams propaganda despite the facts.   

Getting berated for criticizing a Jets player? Never seen that happen before.

• Haha 2

On 6/11/2021 at 4:23 PM, Bronx said:

Jamie, you were drafted and traded as a safety (even though everyone knows that you blow at coverage).  Seahawks are going to win this bout. You could have been a Jet 4 life with Saleh on board and with some passionate fans by your side. Your greediness and narcissist ego got you in this situation.  Your loss there missy and our gain...biatch.

agree, but with what we heard about how he wasnt really liked in locker room and had zero leadership traits and always displayed a ME attitude I think he and Saleh would have clashed of Adams would 'have found religion' I am glad he is gone as he can NOT cover a cold in coverage and it would have made Saleh job of getting folks to buy in with a TEAM attitude is Adams was griping about money. I am glad Saleh doesnt have a ThugTurd to worry about in his 1st HC camp

22 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

Get ready, Jamal will go play for Belichick on the cheap kick our ass and win some SB's

lol. The Pats are done. Belichick (he's a scumbag, by the way) is useless without Tom. And their new QB, whats his face... soft bodied dough boy.. big mouth, no legs. Not worried. I hope Jamal does go there so that he can fall over and grab his crotch when he gets toasted in coverage. Zach's release and processing time are too fast for Jamal One Dimension Adams.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That would explain why GM John Schneider received an extension this offseason despite that disaster of a trade.

no doubt.  So says my Seahawk fan friend.  I get the vibe that everyone waiting for Pete to retire. He doesn't help Wilson at all. He is no friend of the QB.

Bledsoe hated him on the Pats and once blatantly disregarded a playcall Caroll had ordered the OC to do IIRC. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

no doubt.  So says my Seahawk fan friend.  I get the vibe that everyone waiting for Pete to retire. He doesn't help Wilson at all. He is no friend of the QB.

Bledsoe hated him on the Pats and once blatantly disregarded a playcall Caroll had ordered the OC to do IIRC. 

Imagine if Wilson had done that on that goal line play in the SB.  The narrative would be so different on Wilson's career if he won back to back SB's.