Jump to content

Where contract negotiations between Seahawks, Jamal Adams could hit a snag


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Yes, Yes Jamal we will get to your long term extension, right after we sign the punter."

If seattle was smart, they would admit their mistake and let him walk. There is 0 chance jamal adams plays this year unless he has a new contract that makes him the highest paid safety in the lea

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You cant do that though.  If you give up 2 firsts for 1 year of play, you will get fired by any competent owner.

If adams walks, that might be the worst trade in nfl history.

Can any name a trade worse then 2 firsts for 1 year at safety?

at worst they are going to tag him twice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, batman10023 said:

at worst they are going to tag him twice.

Hes not showing up this year without being the highest paid safety in the league w/ a long term deal.  They cant even get to the tag year cause he aint showing up this year.

Are you saying after jamal sits out this year they will then franchise tag him the following 2 years?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

at worst they are going to tag him twice.

In theory they might do that.  In reality, Jamal Adams will throw a hissy fit that forces him to get traded, again, or one where he ends up refusing to play on the tag.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:


He hid under a table during a fight at LSU.

Exactly! This coming from a former teammate on LSU! That is unheard of. They must have really hated this clown. Thank God he's not our problem any more.  He is as my fellow Italians would say a fugazi !!

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamal Adams is creating Seahawks drama now (nypost.com)

Jamal Adams is creating Seahawks drama now

June 15, 2021 | 12:44pm | Updated

The Jamal Adams saga is under way in Seattle. 

Adams will not participate in the Seahawks’ mandatory minicamp this week as he awaits a potential contract extension, according to ESPN.com. 

While NFL Network reported the Seahawks gave Adams an excused absence for personal reasons, Adams was reportedly set to miss camp to hold out for a new deal, according to the Oregonian.

Adams, 25, is entering the final year of his five-year rookie contract that will pay him $9.86 million this season. The highest-paid safety in the NFL is currently Denver’s Justin Simmons, who earns $15.1 million per year following a four-year, $61 million contract he signed in March. 

Adams requested a trade from the New York Jets last July after he grew frustrated with stalled contract negotiations. The Jets shipped Adams to Seattle, netting a haul of two first-round picks, a third-round pick and safety Bradley McDougald in the blockbuster deal. 

Shortly after the trade, Adams cited his desire to retire a Seahawk. Now, as the contract dispute seemingly escalates, those plans could certainly be in jeopardy — bringing to mind his now-hollow wish to be a “Jet for life.” 

image.thumb.png.c7d0f40ac9811eadd3b454ae1cd831ed.png

Jamal Adams is holding out over contract talks

Getty Images

The Seahawks have repeatedly expressed their desire to retain Adams beyond this season. In April, general manager John Schneider maintained that Adams is “going to be a very important part of our future.” 

 

In his first season in Seattle, Adams recorded a career-high 9.5 sacks and was named second-team All-Pro while battling multiple injuries throughout the year. 

 
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Seattle Seahawks excused safety Jamal Adams from this week's mandatory minicamp, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per a source. Pelissero added that Adams is not in attendance due to personal reasons."

Dear Jamal wish you were here......

 

hahaha-just-kidding-meme.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He whines about being 'shopped' then refuses to talk to coach or gm and runs to the owner to be patted on the head.  He then a few months alter demands to be traded.  He blames others 'more dawgs' for team failure and his failure.

Also history, the guys that blab the most and use the look at me card in any walk of life are usually weak.

 

21 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He whined that he wanted a new deal and he got the Jets to the table.

He didnt get the deal he wanted and told the world he wanted out and got his way out of NY.

The Many-Faced God trying to remember his Face ID.

He is many faced . . .

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes not showing up this year without being the highest paid safety in the league w/ a long term deal.  They cant even get to the tag year cause he aint showing up this year.

Are you saying after jamal sits out this year they will then franchise tag him the following 2 years?

They don’t have to tag him this year he still has a year left on his rookie deal 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Herschel Walker trade has to be in your top 2-3, right? 

Yeah kinda took that as a given and at least Walker was an impact player when pen was put to paper lol. Still a horrendous horrific inexcusable trade. Cowboys worked Minnesota with that clause that they’d get draft picks if any players coming their way in the trade were cut. So they bloated the trade demanding a bunch of bums and promptly cut them lol.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Well so far we have basically traded Jamal and a third for Alijah Vera Tucker and a first next year. Odds on AVT not being at least "good" is close to zero and odds of him being a Pro Bowler or better is very high. Plus we get another first. Yes it was a phenomenal trade.

 

Also didn't have to spend 50 mil + on a safety.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Also didn't have to spend 50 mil + on a safety.

True. The salary differences probably pay for Lamarcus Joyner and Keelen Cole

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes not showing up this year without being the highest paid safety in the league w/ a long term deal.  They cant even get to the tag year cause he aint showing up this year.

Are you saying after jamal sits out this year they will then franchise tag him the following 2 years?

Preface this with I am not a fna of caps, but it's a reality.

Tagging might be the best situation he can get. Certain though he and his agent thought a max long term deal was a givne; it's not. Nobody is walking away from that kind of $. But doens't preclude his bitchy drama queen act. 

Puts Seahawks managment in an odd position. No matter what, Adams' demands put a lot of stress on their cap, and hard to see how he would be worth it. Despite giving up huge assets for him, could be they say f___ it, tell your story walking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who do you think will get a contract first...a blitzing box safety or PFF's 8th ranked LT heading into 2021? Seahawks cap space is only about $8.3mn btw according to over the cap.  

Report: Duane Brown attending minicamp but wants new deal

Seahawks left tackle Duane Brown is at the team’s mandatory minicamp, but that doesn’t mean he’s happy.

Brown wants a new contract, Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports. The four-time Pro Bowler is entering the final year of his deal, due to make $10 million in base salary this season.

That ranks fourth in base salary for this season at his position behind D.J. Humphries ($15.1 million), Cam Robinson ($13.754 million) and Taylor Lewan ($11.6 million), per Spotrac.com.

The last time Brown wanted a new contract he held out through the first seven weeks of the 2017 season in hopes of leveraging a new deal with the Texans. He returned to play one game before Houston traded him to Seattle, where he signed a three-year extension before the 2018 season with a maximum value of $36.5 million.

Brown, who turns 36 in August, has not made the Pro Bowl since 2017. He has started 44 of a possible 48 games the past three seasons.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes not showing up this year without being the highest paid safety in the league w/ a long term deal.  They cant even get to the tag year cause he aint showing up this year.

Are you saying after jamal sits out this year they will then franchise tag him the following 2 years?

His contract will toll, they won't have to tag him next year if he sits out this year. He'd have to report and fake an injury like "my helmet doesn't fit" to avoid the fines

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You cant do that though.  If you give up 2 firsts for 1 year of play, you will get fired by any competent owner.

If adams walks, that might be the worst trade in nfl history.

Can any name a trade worse then 2 firsts for 1 year at safety?

 

No kidding. Thats why they are in such a bad spot. They got a good amount out of him... in terms of sacks. Now, here they are about to either overpay a one dimensional big mouth, or let him walk and get laughed at for a moronic trade. Either way, we keep grinning and eating. Thanks Jamal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Interesting quandary that Schneider finds himself in.  He gave up a ton of draft capital to get the guy -- a move that would only make sense if you sign him long term.  And then you get him in your building and he is not hte player you thought he was.  So, do you look at the picks as a sunk cost and not commit long term to the player, or do you compound the error by overpaying him because of the cost to get him.  

Picks are a sunk cost -- no matter what happens you are not getting them back.  May be best for John Schneider to admit his mistake and not add to it by overpaying.  Will be fun to watch how this drama plays out.

 

Sign and trade to Carolina. Let the prophecy happen. Let Jamal's nightmare of him working hard on D, only to have Sam run (ruin) the offense every series 4 and out once again. Then seal Matt Rhule's fate. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2021 at 9:41 PM, Beerfish said:

Also history, the guys that blab the most and use the look at me card in any walk of life are usually weak.

Michael Irvin, TO, 86, Prime Time, Emmitt Smith,  R Sherman, Gastineau.....we can go on and on.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In theory they might do that.  In reality, Jamal Adams will throw a hissy fit that forces him to get traded, again, or one where he ends up refusing to play on the tag.

and when he does that for the second time it will most likely destroy his career because no one with a brain is paying him 20mil per

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jetsons said:

While NFL Network reported the Seahawks gave Adams an excused absence for personal reasons, Adams was reportedly set to miss camp to hold out for a new deal, according to the Oregonian.

Seattle covering up for Adams so far, doing damage control.  Lets see how long it takes before they change that strategy

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is fun.

Still have to say it, a healthy Jamal Adams is an All-Pro safety.  But still a safety.  The best part of this trade is the reallocation of resources. I would have loved to have kept him but there’s a cap and an opportunity cost for other more important positions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Michael Irvin, TO, 86, Prime Time, Emmitt Smith,  R Sherman, Gastineau.....we can go on and on.   

They all accomplished something 1st and then diva'd it up.  The day Jamal walked into camp he was dancing and hogging all the glory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, David Harris said:

This is fun.

Still have to say it, a healthy Jamal Adams is an All-Pro safety.  But still a safety.  The best part of this trade is the reallocation of resources. I would have loved to have kept him but there’s a cap and an opportunity cost for other more important positions.

Only all pro because the media and people who vote fall ass over tea kettle over a guy that is a big self promoter.

Sacks for a safety when all the player does is blitz and does nothing else is not all pro play.  Take any average safety in this league and hand him the blitz ops jamal gets and they'd get those 8 sacks

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Well so far we have basically traded Jamal and a third for Alijah Vera Tucker and a first next year. Odds on AVT not being at least "good" is close to zero and odds of him being a Pro Bowler or better is very high. Plus we get another first. Yes it was a phenomenal trade.

 

Plus after we picked him I realized Saleh wasn’t bullshitting Zach when he says we are gonna lift you up. AVT ready for some heavy lifting bitches! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Only all pro because the media and people who vote fall ass over tea kettle over a guy that is a big self promoter.

Sacks for a safety when all the player does is blitz and does nothing else is not all pro play.  Take any average safety in this league and hand him the blitz ops jamal gets and they'd get those 8 sacks

He’s very entertaining. From his hustle and energetic celebrating during every play to sacking the Pats mascot. He’s like the Harlem Globetrotter of the NFL.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:


 

Adams contract talks have begun, but ESPN.com’s Brady Henderson reports these negotiations have not produced much movement yet.
 

The Seahawks have had a year to work on this and as of today, the talks havent produced much movement.

But they are confident on an extension?  
 

This buffoonery is up there with Matt Rhule trying to convince us hes thrilled that sam darnold has sucked so far in camp.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Adams contract talks have begun, but ESPN.com’s Brady Henderson reports these negotiations have not produced much movement yet.
 

The Seahawks have had a year to work on this and as of today, the talks havent produced much movement.

But they are confident on an extension?  
 

This buffoonery is up there with Matt Rhule trying to convince us hes thrilled that sam darnold has sucked so far in camp.

So if/when he signs for less than the Jets offered him, is the NY media Choi g to report him and call him out as the buffoon he really is?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

They all accomplished something 1st and then diva'd it up.  The day Jamal walked into camp he was dancing and hogging all the glory.

Adams wasnt dancing from day 1.  Adams danced with the entire defense and Adams is the one we remember and complain about.  Adams was accomplished before he started whining and crying about money.   Like him or not hes talked up as a top safety, make that a top defensive player.  Hes the focal point of every broadcast.  Hes no different than Prime.  Theyre both look at me, I'm the best, should be the highest paid players.  For some unkown reason fans love Prime, forget that POS whining that fans could boo all they want, they know nothing and he makes more in one day than they'll make in a lifetime.   Nice

Irvin, etc all talked from day 1 in the NFL.  Richard Sherman was nowhere as good as Revis but was talked up more than Revis.  Squeaky wheel gets the oil, thats the way it is.  

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

So if/when he signs for less than the Jets offered him, is the NY media Choi g to report him and call him out as the buffoon he really is?

Hes not signing anything that doesnt make him the highest paid safety in nfl history.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...