Sunday Ticket Alternative?

I know this is quite a bit in advance but over the past few months I finally disconnected DirecTV for good and won't be going back.  A small part of that decision was that I thought the Sunday ticket was switching hands this season but that won't be until next season.

That said what do other out of market fans do as alternatives to Sunday ticket.  I know the main answer is streams so I guess I'm asking more of how do folks go about finding quality ones.

I have a smart TV and and Xbox as ways to access various apps and what not.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I know this is quite a bit in advance but over the past few months I finally disconnected DirecTV for good and won't be going that.  A small part of that decision was that I thought the Sunday ticket was switching hands this season but that won't be until next season.

That said what do other out of market fans do as alternatives to Sunday ticket.  I know the main answer is streams so I guess I'm asking more of how do folks go about finding quality ones.

I have a smart TV and and Xbox as ways to access various apps and what not.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

NFL Red Zone but that is on regular cable i believe ? I do know Smart TV's especially mine can pick up the Red zone App so it might be worth a try.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I know this is quite a bit in advance but over the past few months I finally disconnected DirecTV for good and won't be going back.  A small part of that decision was that I thought the Sunday ticket was switching hands this season but that won't be until next season.

If you have apps that can access a web browser on the Smart TV or Xbox I think that's the best route. 

Reddit usually has reliable streams for all the games on game day. Not ideal compared to having the game on TV but I know a lot of people that go this route.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Do you have anyone in your family that is a college student?

You can sign up for Direct TV NFL Streaming for $99/year IF you have a legit college student with a legit college ID you can use to sign up.

It's not all of Direct TV, just access to the NFL Sunday Ticket App, and you'll need like, an Amazon Firestick or Hulu or a Laptop/PC or the like to use the App.

That's what I've been doing for years now, since my house can't get Sunday Ticket (too many very old tall trees).

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Warfish said:

You can sign up for Direct TV NFL Streaming for $99/year IF you have a legit college student with a legit college ID you can use to sign up.

It's not all of Direct TV, just access to the NFL Sunday Ticket App, and you'll need like, an Amazon Firestick or Hulu or a Laptop/PC or the like to use the App.

That's what I've been doing for years now, since my house can't get Sunday Ticket (too many very old tall trees).

So here is an interesting twist.  I've heard of this avenue before.  I actually just finished my MBA this spring.  I still have access to my school email and a photo id but not quite sure how the validation process goes.  I'll have to see if I can get it via that route.  That would be great. 

• Sympathy 3

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So here is an interesting twist.  I've heard of this avenue before.  I actually just finished my MBA this spring.  I still have access to my school email and a photo id but not quite sure how the validation process goes.  I'll have to see if I can get it via that route.  That would be great. 

Maaaaannnn just use SportsSurge and thnx me later, forever.

End of thread. 

43 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You might want to try the app. I think you can get that stand alone.

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I went back to school and it worked fine - I think they checked when I was enrolled at the time but honestly not certain. Definitely used the school email.

Was a one year program so I figured it’d be done last year since I wasn’t enrolled (though I had been earlier in the calendar year). They ended up auto renewing me. Worked out great.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, derp said:

I went back to school and it worked fine - I think they checked when I was enrolled at the time but honestly not certain. Definitely used the school email.

Was a one year program so I figured it’d be done last year since I wasn’t enrolled (though I had been earlier in the calendar year). They ended up auto renewing me. Worked out great.

I used a personal email if I recall, the bill/renewal certainly comes to my personal email.  And the signup was quite smooth if I recall, asking for my student ID # and school and that was about it really.

Was a godsend when I moved to my current home, trees etc.  Easiest, simplest solution available if you have a student, and no Russian Stream Hackers dropping malware on your system required, lol.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You dont need email or a photo ID.  You log into their page and enter your name and school.  They know if youre a registered student or not.  

If theres an issue they want a copy of a current paid bill.

Only problem I had when I tried was that they want a credit card in the students name.  I finagled it and put the account in my stepdaughters name.  We had given her a card so it worked out perfectly

21 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I stream with more than 1 service and use tivimate as the app for viewing. It works on phones, tablets, computers and some tv's and you can record, locally or on a network. For using on a tv that does NOT have and android OS, I strongly recommend the following: Inexpensive but works, Firestick $39 soon with amazon special. The best is an Nvidia Shield, there are 2 versions, I have the pro. The most powerful streaming device on the market. A streaming service will cost you approximately $50 for 1 yr and 1 stream. If you want info on a steaming service, PM me. I will only share it there.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

This^

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

......PM me. I will only share it there.

Expect a PM that looks like this:

Мы принимаем только биткойн, а плохое программное обеспечение является требованием для грязного капиталистического похитителя потоков.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Sent you a PM.  

Anyone else that wants information on what I use as an alternative just hit me up in the PMs.  I know Max doesn’t love us sharing this type of stuff on the actual board so I don’t want to get him in any hot water.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

Expect a PM that looks like this:

Мы принимаем только биткойн, а плохое программное обеспечение является требованием для грязного капиталистического похитителя потоков.

Hopefully not. Lol

On 6/7/2021 at 8:45 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Maaaaannnn just use SportsSurge and thnx me later, forever.

End of thread. 

Cool.  I'll check that out too.  In the same boat as @HawkeyeJet although I haven't completely cut the cord satellite dish yet.  I just completely shrunk my TV package to bare bones so that I hang on to the option for Sunday Ticket this season.  Like Hawkeye I expected (and hoped) Sunday Ticket would be offered thru other services but I hedged it by not totally dropping DTV.

Question - A Google search shows almost a half dozen SportsSurge, SportsSurges, .net, .com, etc. sites and hovering over some of them starts to fire off alerts on my Bitdefender anti-malware, ad blockers, etc.  Which one is the real deal?

On 6/7/2021 at 8:02 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

i Use the internet browser on my smart tv remind me closer to season and Ill send the you the wesbite

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Is that for Live games?  I thought you only got replays.

Game Pass International is for live games, but not in the US.  Game Pass in the States is just the replays.

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2021 at 11:02 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

Listen to me. Get yourself a fire stick which is approximately $35. 

I have an IPTV that works extremely well and never gave me any issues. It’s $20 per month. Worth every penny. 

On 6/7/2021 at 3:13 PM, Jet Nut said:

Only problem I had when I tried was that they want a credit card in the students name.  I finagled it and put the account in my stepdaughters name.  We had given her a card so it worked out perfectly

I did this after quitting Direct TV after they screwed me over.   Used my stepsons college info and my wife put it on her credit card and her last name is different from her sons.

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

I did this after quitting Direct TV after they screwed me over.   Used my stepsons college info and my wife put it on her credit card and her last name is different from her sons.

I did similar, stepdaughters college info, she shares a card with my wife so I set it up around all of that and it worked perfectly for 2 seasons 

On 6/7/2021 at 5:14 PM, DoubleDown said:

12 of 17 games are currently scheduled to be broadcast by CBS.

Subscribe to a VPN service (monthly or around $75 - $100 for a full year) and Paramount+ streaming service (formerly known as CBS All Access) for $4.99 per month. Connect to a NY server via VPN and watch Jets games in real time using the live CBS feed on Paramount+.

After paying $230 for the Sunday Ticket .TV for years and dealing with streaming issues, I dropped them and found a similar set up using a GPS app and locast.  My cost is now $5 a month for the season, and the quality is 10X better.  Its been a few years without any issues.  Hope to continue that way. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Listen to me. Get yourself a fire stick which is approximately $35. 

I have an IPTV that works extremely well and never gave me any issues. It’s $20 per month. Worth every penny. 

$20‽ jeez, that's high. $50 per year, with catchup.