6/8 OTA open to media.

Don't sleep on Berrios.

Check the Wayne Chrebet appreciation thread. There's a reason that Bill Belichick has tried to clone that guy over and over.

In no way am I saying Berrios is Chrebet, what I am saying is don't sleep on diesel little white dudes with a chip on their shoulder. I've seen this guy's effort, and there's a reason we plucked him off of the Patriots practice squad.

He was there to replace Edelman.

• Upvote 3

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Just stop buying/reading the Daily-News problem solved. 

I don't. Because...you know...it's not 1992. I only get this interaction here. But Holy sh*t...the daily news must've thought to themselves, "how do we dig lower than Manish Mehta? A DOLPHINS FAN WHO LOVES TROLLING JETS FANS! Thats how!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, freestater said:

I don't. Because...you know...it's not 1992. I only get this interaction here. But Holy sh*t...the daily news must've thought to themselves, "how do we dig lower than Manish Mehta? A DOLPHINS FAN WHO LOVES TROLLING JETS FANS! Thats how!

Correct.  You are brand new at the job and you start alienating with your readers right away?

Obviously he was told "Trolling sells".  Only a moron would act like this unless he was told to do so.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  You are brand new at the job and you start alienating with your readers right away?

Obviously he was told "Trolling sells".  Only a moron would act like this unless he was told to do so.

On the other hand, he is the only one of the local beat writers who is tweeting out a lot of information at these sessions.  If not for DJ, we would get about a half dozen Connor Hughes tweets and nothing else for the two hours.  I am glad DJ is there.

• Upvote 2

"but that is to be expacted from a rookie"

Does not seem we are hearing that much,

Yeah, shorts and no rush yada yada but not everyone is lighting it up like Zach.

Take the same exact route from a receiver in 11 on 11 with the same separation and  I bet you Zach is overall .2 to .3 seconds faster than Sam and in the NFL that is huge. He is fast even in the warm ups. And treats every rep like its live.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Media is allowed in to watch and tape practice and this is what all Leberfeld could come back with?

JetsConfidential must be flying off the newstands with this type breaking news

They are not allowed to tape any 7 on 7 or 11on 11 sessions.  Just positional drills.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I sense a fellow traveler. If you believe two pick-6s in OTAs equal bust then you must be on the Trubisky train. He is the only NFL QB with 50+ starts to have never thrown a pick-6.

No not at all...was never a trubinsky fan...he was over drafted. My bust call has nothing to do with his OTA's. I just dont like what I have seen from Lawrence in college, I cant put my finger on it but I dont believe the hype. When I say bust I mean he wont live up to the hype, I'm sure he will be serviceable but he will be a bust. 

Just wait

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

No not at all...was never a trubinsky fan...he was over drafted. My bust call has nothing to do with his OTA's. I just dont like what I have seen from Lawrence in college, I cant put my finger on it but I dont believe the hype. When I say bust I mean he wont live up to the hype, I'm sure he will be serviceable but he will be a bust. 

Just wait

We shall see although his hype is basically Jesus so if he’s merely Saint Paul you have a nice out to declare victory haha

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetluv58 said:

Great day for Zach and I am very excited about his prospects for the year ahead. If he’s injured, what’s our Plan B? Mike White? 

Wish we had gotten a legitimate backup (ex. Trubisky or Minshew) but JD is all in on Wilson 

1 hour ago, Jetluv58 said:

Great day for Zach and I am very excited about his prospects for the year ahead. If he’s injured, what’s our Plan B? Mike White? 

Who cares.  If Zach Wilson isn't under the center the game just won't matter as much, and it certainly won't matter whether we win the game or not.  That's it, that's the whole deal.  What, is Nick Mullens gonna make you excited to watch?  Would even a high end backup like Mitchell Trubisky, Tyrod Taylor or Jameis Winston have made you excited to watch?  People care wayyyyy too much about the backup QB in a year when this team is not headed to the playoffs regardless.

If/when we become a contending team with Zach Wilson at QB, that's the time to care a bit about who the QB2 is.  

• Upvote 1