Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile @WFT OTAs...  

This one made me laugh....   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Really?  It’s working for me.  

Well anyway, I’m dedicated to making this work so here it is as a converted GIF, lmfao:

021491AB-661A-4908-9C33-10BB33475F3D.gif.1b47aeaa2722530f01d86b4882d47623.gif

JbkS04N.jpg

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Really?  I kind of like Berrios.  It's not like guys like him have not had success.  I'm not saying that he will blow up like Welker, but I could see a Danny Amendola career.  Of course, the likelihood is that he is more Greg Salas or Walt Powell.  I just don't see why so many people counting on Kenny Yboah as another Antonio Gates, would be writing off Berrios.

He's depth and ST. Anything he can do, Cole and Moore can do better. Across 32 teams, there's dozens of Berrios.

Not trying to be a hater, just being honest when I say he doesn't move the needle. If he was gonna be "a thing" it would have happened the last couple of years when his competition for targets included; Josh Malone, Old-beybey Thomas, Misspelled Vincent Smith, Josh "total bust" Bellamy, UDFA Lawrence Cager, Me, Jeff Smith.... If you can't put yourself on the map with that crew... just be thankful you have job.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He's depth and ST. Anything he can do, Cole and Moore can do better. Across 32 teams, there's dozens of Berrios.

Not trying to be a hater, just being honest when I say he doesn't move the needle. If he was gonna be "a thing" it would have happened the last couple of years when his competition for targets included; Josh Malone, Old-beybey Thomas, Misspelled Vincent Smith, Josh "total bust" Bellamy, UDFA Lawrence Cager, Me, Jeff Smith.... If you can't put yourself on the map with that crew... just be thankful you have job.

Eh.  You are likely right, but plenty of guys don't take off early with stiffs in front of them.  I see him as a slot only candidate, and Crowder was in front of him.  If Mims/Perriman/Anderson were playing and Crowder hurt, I think we might have a different feeling about this kid.  He didn't even join the team until after camp in 2019, so he hasn't had a normal offseason with them either.  Generally I agree with you.  He seems competent more than special, so he isn't likely to move the needle.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

He's depth and ST. Anything he can do, Cole and Moore can do better. Across 32 teams, there's dozens of Berrios.

Not trying to be a hater, just being honest when I say he doesn't move the needle. If he was gonna be "a thing" it would have happened the last couple of years when his competition for targets included; Josh Malone, Old-beybey Thomas, Misspelled Vincent Smith, Josh "total bust" Bellamy, UDFA Lawrence Cager, Me, Jeff Smith.... If you can't put yourself on the map with that crew... just be thankful you have job.

He’s a reliable PR. Value alone in that. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2021 at 12:01 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

The Big Softy is not out there today.  They have him shut down till training camp starts at the end of July.  Take the next 7 weeks to get him at the correct weight and keep him off that foot so its 100% healed.

They aren't going to publicly talk about his exact weight but, imo, these next almost 2 months until full training camp could say a lot about Becton's dedication and how seriously he is taking football right now. 

I have no doubt the coaches/trainers have sat down with him and discussed his weight. I'm sure they've given him a diet/nutrition program to follow. If he shows up to TC and hasn't dropped ANY lbs... I'm sure they gave him a target weight they want him to show up to camp at. I cant help but wonder what it says about this guy if he can't manage to stick to a diet between now and camp 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

They aren't going to publicly talk about his exact weight but, imo, these next almost 2 months until full training camp could say a lot about Becton's dedication and how seriously he is taking football right now. 

I have no doubt the coaches/trainers have sat down with him and discussed his weight. I'm sure they've given him a diet/nutrition program to follow. If he shows up to TC and hasn't dropped ANY lbs... I'm sure they gave him a target weight they want him to show up to camp at. I cant help but wonder what it says about this guy if he can't manage to stick to a diet between now and camp 

uv3k69bcok471.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=8b4a61bf20a023fc43a5cbbd12da6f931e9839fa

Doesn't look overweight on Instagram. Hopefully my eyes don't deceive me. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 8:13 PM, Grandy said:

uv3k69bcok471.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=8b4a61bf20a023fc43a5cbbd12da6f931e9839fa

Doesn't look overweight on Instagram. Hopefully my eyes don't deceive me. 

You're right. Any picture I've ever seen of him, he carries nearly 400lbs very, very. 

I guess my point was just that, assuming that the coaching staff has asked him to lose weight, if he doesn't respond to that by going home for the summer and dieting/working his ass to show up to camp having dropped a few pounds, it would make me wonder about his commitment 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...