Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Woke up at 3am and couldn't sleep so of course I watched around 50 snaps from Zuniga from last season in hopes of finding something I missed earlier.  I didn't.  Much room for improvement.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

new coaching staff which isn’t being led by a borderline psycho - new scheme which emphasizes d-line and additional pass rushers to play alongside - hopeful he becomes a solid piece of the puzzle - if not a sad waste of a 3rd round pick but hopefully… maybe…..


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He made a tackle in the last one!

That's why I put it in there.  Didn't want to leave out his best play...smh.

His plays literally had 3 outcomes.

 

1) Invisible/Lost (45)

2) Pancked (4)

3) Tackle (1)

Edited by AFJF
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That's why I put it in there.  Didn't want to leave out his best play...smh.

His plays literally had 3 outcomes.

 

1) Invisible/Lost (45)

2) Pancked (4)

3) Tackle (1)

 

2BCEE828-B608-4446-A729-3D1ACBAFF5CF.gif

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbt said:

miles ahead of Polite, so we got that going for us

I still don't understand Polite.  His college tape was pretty damn impressive.  Can you imagine how much of a douchebag he must have been to not be able to make an NFL roster?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Who's the best Gator the Jets have ever drafted?

Went back and looked all the way to the beginning. Only two guys who made any impact other than Maye, so far, were Steve Tannen, a CB, drafted 1st in 1970. Played 61 games, 12 Int's, and Derrick Gaffney, a WR in 1978 8th Rd. Had 155 catches.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I still don't understand Polite.  His college tape was pretty damn impressive.  Can you imagine how much of a douchebag he must have been to not be able to make an NFL roster?

He was a slug from an athletic standpoint.  1.76/10.0 RAS score.  

You can't be a successful NFL pass rusher without superior athleticism, with very rare exceptions across the league.  At least Zuniga has a prayer of being an NFL success, especially since he won't be asked to play any linebacker in Saleh's system:

Jabari-Zuniga-RAS-19387.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't mind the rookie not making plays, but I am not seeing the alleged elite athleticism.  

I wish we had his 3-cone time.  Otherwise, yeah, maybe he just looked slower because the game was too fast for him, or due to injury?  That's my hope anyways....

Put him on the field with a hand in the dirt at all times and hopefully the results will improve on that alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't a fan of the pick and his rookie year was singularly unimpressive. But, hopefully, Saleh and Co can find whatever talent is there and make the most of it.

He might be better suited inside as a 3rd down rusher, rather than playing as an edge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wish we had his 3-cone time.  Otherwise, yeah, maybe he just looked slower because the game was too fast for him, or due to injury?  That's my hope anyways....

Put him on the field with a hand in the dirt at all times and hopefully the results will improve on that alone.

Yeah.  We can't be sure.  Sometimes these kids spend too much time thinking and not enough time playing when they start out.  Like LT said about Gholston, I don't care if you make mistakes, but make them at top speed.  Saleh seems to preach that, so we will see how he looks. 

It would be pretty hypocritical for me to preach patience on Clarke and Morgan and write off Zuniga, but I am not liking what I have seen so far.  He is from a bigger school and supposedly  a physical specimen with injury issues.  We will see.  Bill Parcells said "if they don't bite when thay are puppies..." but you all know what I think of that fat ****.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah.  We can't be sure.  Sometimes these kids spend too much time thinking and not enough time playing when they start out.  Like LT said about Gholston, I don't care if you make mistakes, but make them at top speed.  Saleh seems to preach that, so we will see how he looks. 

It would be pretty hypocritical for me to preach patience on Clarke and Morgan and write off Zuniga, but I am not liking what I have seen so far.  He is from a bigger school and supposedly  a physical specimen with injury issues.  We will see.  Bill Parcells said "if they don't bite when thay are puppies..." but you all know what I think of that fat ****.

 

Yep.  If he really is a physical specimen, you give him every chance to make it.  But if the #'s are somehow flawed or the process by which he produced those combine #'s was manufactured, then all that goes out the window, and you have to evaluate purely by what he's actually doing on the field. 

A pass rusher is of no future use to you if he's lost out there AND he's not a great athlete.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AFJF said:

That's why I put it in there.  Didn't want to leave out his best play...smh.

His plays literally had 3 outcomes.

 

1) Invisible/Lost (45)

2) Pancked (4)

3) Tackle (1)

ya he didnt hurt any Jet either. We have seen that before LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ganggreen305 said:

Get some sleep man.

Glenn doesnt sleep. The NSA has special diet supplements to keep you 'going' ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...