Jets in on OT Moses

Honestly, i know this guy os good but i am not so sure adding a new pice like this on top of AVT will translate into short term success. We have a group that looked much better at the end of the year last season and I think we might do well in continuing  to develop them. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think I like Fant better at LT than Moses.  I give the edge to Moses as a player, but if they are both going to be on the field at the same time I think I run Fant at LT and Moses on the right.

I took it to mean he was insurance because our LT may not see the field as expected; not that Moses would be playing LT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Moses is insurance for our LT.  They'll probably play him at RT until he's needed to cover for Becton.

That's part of the equation yes.  They aren't signing him to be a backup however and wouldn't get him if that's the role he's being pitched.

He will start somewhere else and as I said(and you seem to agree) that it will be RT and not RG. Whether that means Fant gets a crack at RG or not is the part of the equation I think would be most up in the air. 

• Upvote 1

Do it.  Get him.  Pay him.  They need all the protection they can get to keep Pretty Boy Wilson upright and clean.  The entire management structure depends on what Pretty Boy does.  If Wilson flames out, JD is toast and so his is scouting department, his HC and the HC's entire staff.

You can never have too much quality help on the offensive line circa 2021 especially if a rookie QB's development and career are dependent upon it. 

Keep Pretty Boy safe and sound. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

We dont need moses. Becton is good and deserves time

what we need is smart drafting. Another OT next year and we are fine. When we make our run and are in our “window” then the high price vet pieces make sense not now

Unless Wilson becomes a top-quartile QB, that window will have bars on it.

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

We dont need moses. is good and deserves time

what we need is smart drafting. Another OT next year and we are fine. When we make our run and are in our “window” then the high price vet pieces make sense not now

Has a single person advocated playing him over Becton?  I think most see him as insurance if Becton is hurt who improves the line by either replacing Fant or an interior lineman if he or Fant kicks inside.  I don't believe he will be all that high priced.  Yes, there are bunch of teams bidding, but the team that has no name cut him to save $7.7M.  If teams were lining up to pay him more they'd have gotten a bite when he was on the trade market.  The Jets could sign him for 2 or 3 years and let Fant walk next season.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Moses is insurance for our LT.  They'll probably play him at RT until he's needed to cover for Becton.

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This. He's looking at Moses because of Becton. If he didn't like Fant at all he wouldn't have let another guarantee kick in back in March. It's because our hella-talented LT eats too many pizzas & has foot issues because of it that, for all we know today, might not be right this season. 

It's upsetting. He could be a great one. 

I always thought part of the reason Jets traded up and spent a lot to get AVT was because of his ability to backup at LT.  Of course, his best position is LG and I think his upside is Pro Bowl at that spot, but let's not forget he played a lot of LT for USC simply because he is so good and can play both spots.  If his arms were like an inch longer he'd probably be pegged a LT rather than Guard anyway.

Signing Moses (to part the sea of defenders :D ) would make me MUCH more comfortable about the Jets OT situation in general.  Having multiple guys (Moses, Fant, AVT) that could backup Becton isn't a luxury... it's almost a necessity in today's NFL, especially with a rookie QB.  The last thing we need is to goof up the development of another rookie QB by having him glancing left on every single snap just make sure sh!t isn't breaking down over there on every play.

You guys cannot speculate on Becton missing snaps/games. DWC said so. I guess Zach cannot expect to have blindside protection for those games. That would be mean and disgusting of him. 

If the FO was so sure Becton could play 40-ish snaps a game for 17 weeks, I highly doubt they'd be exploring signing an insurance policy like this. 

• Haha 1