Jets in on OT Moses

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Crowder out, Moses in

with the way moore and berrios are playing in OTA's i think they're probably talking about the same thing in the FO as well.  A lot of insurance in that slot right now.. and they're two contracts might not add up to 10 mil for the year sooooooo

• Sympathy 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:10 AM, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, i know this guy os good but i am not so sure adding a new pice like this on top of AVT will translate into short term success. We have a group that looked much better at the end of the year last season and I think we might do well in continuing  to develop them. 

It would be easier to use AVT as LT temporarily if we kept Pat Elflein as LG.

41 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't get why the conversation is around Becton? Wouldn't Moses be an upgrade to the RT position over Fant? 

I would think so, and then Fant can go back to the role he is best suited for:  A swing tackle.  Fant would then be able to fill in at LT if/when Becton gets hurt.  

It's probably a lot of money to be tied up in a backup OT, but who cares.  Becton is on his rookie deal.  We can afford it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm down.  Tell Moses whatever he needs to hear.  Tell him he will have the RT job while Fant plays LT because Becton is going to be out.  Or that he will start over Fant. 

Get him on board and in this system and he'll thrive more than he would in Chicago, even if he only ends up playing part of a season.

May as well. He told Fant he'd be playing LT lol. Probably why he got so much $$$ out of Douglas while the RT who beat Fant out for the starting job in Seattle got the veteran minimum from Chicago in the same 2020 offseason. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/8/2021 at 1:58 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I think I like Fant better at LT than Moses.  I give the edge to Moses as a player, but if they are both going to be on the field at the same time I think I run Fant at LT and Moses on the right.

Agreed.

Moses would come in and start at RT, Fant slides to RG. If Becton missed time, my sense is Fant goes from RG to LT, and someone else (Clark, GVR) steps in at RG.

28 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Not sure I agree with this.

Is Fant an upgrade at RG to Van Rotten, Lewis, Feeney, Clark.....

He's never played the position before.

Possibly not.  But Fant at backup LT is most certainly an upgrade over Connor McDermott/Chuma Edoga.  

• Upvote 3

Signing Moses to play RT (if he is agreeable to that) does not mean we have to move Fant to guard, especially if he has never played there.

Fant does become an upgrade at swing/backup at both OT spots over Edoga (albeit at a significantly higher cost).

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Salary cap is the better argument and even that is not convincing. A roster spot decision will not come down to Moses or Crowder.

No, but the presence of Moses AND Crowder will kick one young player off the team.  And right now we, somewhat surprisingly, have a ton of young, talented "bottom of the roster" guys competing for spots.  Especially on the D-Line, where Saleh's system requires a lot of rotation.  No, it's probably not true that kicking a young player off will come back to bite us or it'll matter much in the long run, but it is certainly a factor to think about.  

I'd prefer to have both as well but if we need the cap space and can maybe get a decent pick back by trading Crowder, I wouldn't hate it.  

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, but the presence of Moses AND Crowder will kick one young player off the team.  And right now we, somewhat surprisingly, have a ton of young, talented "bottom of the roster" guys competing for spots.  Especially on the D-Line, where Saleh's system requires a lot of rotation.  No, it's probably not true that kicking a young player off will come back to bite us or it'll matter much in the long run, but it is certainly a factor to think about.  

I'd prefer to have both as well but if we need the cap space and can maybe get a decent pick back by trading Crowder, I wouldn't hate it.  

Right but that's wasn't his point. The roster opportunity cost is not Crowder it is somebody else. 

I know that we usually have a couple posters that want us to sign literally anyone that becomes available, but signing Moses really does make all the sense in the world. I'm honestly having a really hard time coming up with a legit reason not to sign this guy. 

Even if you want to entertain the "JD doesn't sign players because Woody wants to save money" nonsense - Fine. Cut Crowder, then sign Moses. Tbh, I'd rather have our younger WR talent on the field anyway. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

I know that we usually have a couple posters that want us to sign literally anyone that becomes available, but signing Moses really does make all the sense in the world. I'm honestly having a really hard time coming up with a legit reason not to sign this guy. 

Even if you want to entertain the "JD doesn't sign players because Woody wants to save money" nonsense - Fine. Cut Crowder, then sign Moses. Tbh, I'd rather have our younger WR talent on the field anyway. 

I have a feeling that the reason Moses isn't here already is because of Moses and not JD. Just a hunch.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Yes it is convincing and yes it might come down to that. 

Jets have 2nd most salary cap in the league. If JD can't fit the rookies, Moses, and Crowder under the cap with plenty of cushion, he is terrible at his job and we have a much bigger problem.

We had one one reliable offensive skill player last year who is still only 27 years old and we're breaking in a rookie QB -- after half the fan base thinks we failed Darnold because of weaponz. I have a brilliant idea let's dump him and win the "most under the cap" trophy again. We've been so bad for so long people really view saving money as a substitute for success.

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets have 2nd most salary cap in the league. If JD can't fit the rookies, Moses, and Crowder under the cap with plenty of cushion, he is terrible at his job and we have a much bigger problem.

We had one one reliable offensive skill player last year who is still only 27 years old and we're breaking in a rookie QB -- after half the fan base thinks we failed Darnold because of weaponz. I have a brilliant idea let's dump him and win the "most under the cap" trophy again. We've been so bad for so long people really view saving money as a substitute for success.

that's such a Walmart take - pulling out all the typical tropes. "we have this much money"..... "last year he was our only--" 

Who cares.

It's not a matter of can we, it's should we.  Young team/new year. Don't need 3 slot WRs on the team and we don't to go into July with 5 bucks left on the cap.

You're opinion on this matter feels both trite and uninspired.

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Keeping Crowder at $11 million means he's going to play. Which also means he's going to cut into Moore's playing time and that is not a good idea. There is no way you can keep an $11 million backup slot WR, especially if somebody is willing to give up an asset to obtain him. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

that's such a Walmart take - pulling out all the typical tropes. "we have this much money"..... "last year he was our only--" 

Who cares.

It's not a matter of can we, it's should we.  Young team/new year. Don't need 3 slot WRs on the team and we don't to go into July with 5 bucks left on the cap.

You're opinion on this matter feels both trite and uninspired.

Let's just leave it at we disagree on our opinion. No need to get defensive and personal about it, bud.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Keeping Crowder at $11 million means he's going to play. Which also means he's going to cut into Moore's playing time and that is not a good idea. There is no way you can keep an $11 million backup slot WR, especially if somebody is willing to give up an asset to obtain him. 

And the Wilson bros will have a ready-made excuse if he busts!

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, jgb said:

Let's just leave it at we disagree. Unsurprised you're so defensive and personal about it.

Why pray tell, is that? Because you made a habit of sitting online to get the last word in every disagreement - for so long now that you've basically slept with 3/4 of the JN?

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

And the Wilson bros will have a ready-made excuse if he busts!

And then when someone presents you with a reasonably constructed counter position for which there isn't an obvious rebuttle to -- rather than say just give a green arrow, you bring this to table. 

Your brand is well established at this point. 

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

And then when someone presents you with a reasonably constructed counter position for which there isn't an obvious rebuttle to -- rather than say just give a green arrow, you bring this to table. 

Your brand is well established at this point. 

"You're opinion on this matter feels both trite and uninspired."

that's such a Walmart take - pulling out all the typical tropes.

Add "what a reasonably constructed counter position looks like" to the things we disagree about.

I'll give you the last word since we all know you can't resist. Cheers.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Keelan Cole is better and more versatile than Crowder. The Jets wouldn’t miss him at all. 

Don't underestimate the ability of a fanbase to find excuses for a busted first round QB

twister.thumb.png.dde494a457a8e384440e45604b684693.png

• Haha 2