The others OTAs

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Now that the Jets have seen 7 practices of Wilson, there is no doubt if the draft was tomorrow and they had the first pick, they would take wilson over lawrence.

And it wouldnt be close.

And Trevor would fall to the Pats.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

So where are the reports you described? 

Posting a USC school paper report? 

2 reports that vets were impressed with Darnold.  Nothing about his play impressing or anything about his play.

What does any of this have to do with me asking for all those reports you brought up, the ones where you said, quote:

The same reports that said Darnold looked better than Mayfield and Allen?

Still looking?  LOL, thats ok.  3 articles you cited, even if on point still doesnt prove that there were reports of Darnold struggling.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So where are the reports you described? 

Posting a USC school paper report? 

2 reports that vets were impressed with Darnold.  Nothing about his play impressing or anything about his play.

What does any of this have to do with me asking for all those reports you brought up, the ones where you said, quote:

The same reports that said Darnold looked better than Mayfield and Allen?

Still looking?  LOL, thats ok.  3 articles you cited, even if on point still doesnt prove that there were reports of Darnold struggling.

How do you not put it together that there's many other articles about Darnold in his rookie mini-camp? It's called sampling as in I'm not going to link you to every single article, but find a representative sample

Jet Nut then: Darnold is the best. Mac is the best. Gase is the best. 
Jet Nut now: No fair bringing up how wrong I have been to indicate I may be wrong now!

So go ahead and show the articles of Darnold struggling in his rookie mini-camp.. 

• Thumb Down 2

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

How do you not put it together that there's many other articles about Darnold in his rookie mini-camp? It's called sampling as in I'm not going to link you to every single article, but find a representative sample

Jet Nut then: Darnold is the best. Mac is the best. Gase is the best. 
Jet Nut now: No fair bringing up how wrong I have been to indicate I may be wrong now!

So go ahead and show the articles of Darnold struggling in his rookie mini-camp.. 

How do you not put it together that this started with me saying Id like to see the  articles that said Darnold was playing better than Mayfield and Allen?

No the articles you pulled are called wrong, none say anything to the effect and in fact dont even talk about Darnold play, just Darnold.

But hey, now lets go out on a Jeremy2020 rant, claim I said Darnold was the best.  Macc too, even Gase.  Bringing up how wrong I was does what for your "the same people who said Darnold was better than Mayfield and Allen" shlt you posted to fire back at fans being happy with Wilson reports?  Makes you feel what Jeremy, smarter. 

I'm not doing your work, there were articles written that Darnold struggled some days.  So continue going on tangents for whatever reason

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

3 articles you cited, even if on point still doesnt prove that there were reports of Darnold struggling.

You're right, they don't prove that there were reports of Darnold struggling because they don't exist. Once again, you refuse to post the things you say exist. I'm not proving a negative to you. 

This is all that you do on here. Be wrong, never back up your claims and repeat. 

You can't even grasp simple concept such as representative sampling. That is grade school stuff. 

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're right, they don't prove that there were reports of Darnold struggling because they don't exist. Once again, you refuse to post the things you say exist. I'm not proving a negative to you. 

This is all that you do on here. Be wrong, never back up your claims and repeat. 

You can't even grasp simple concept such as representative sampling. That is grade school stuff. 

Come back when you want to try staying on topic or making any kind of sense.

Good for you, you believe there were no reports that he had struggled on some days.

Grade school stuff exactly.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Come back when you want to try staying on topic or making any kind of sense.

Good for you, you believe there were no reports that he had struggled on some days.

Grade school stuff exactly.  

lol, keep changing your story and moving those goalposts. You're known for it on here.

21 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

lol, keep changing your story and moving those goalposts. You're known for it on here.

LOL, thats what im known for.  

You change the whole thing around and them claim I'm moving the f*^king goal posts?
One more time, where are all those who said Darnold was playing better than Mayfield and Allen?  You know, my original ask sending you on this rant thats gone from My feelings on Sam, then Macc, then Gase and moving goalposts while you ignore the question.

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Sam Darnold took 21 snaps, the most reps, but they were all with the backups. Josh McCown took 12 snaps, all with the starters. And Teddy Bridgewater took nine snaps with the backups. 

Expect the Jets to continue giving Darnold the majority of the snaps through training camp -- he has the most to learn and prove. It's also likely Bridgewater's reps will go up as he continues to prove his health, and McCown's will go down. The Jets already know what they have in McCown and the soon-to-be 39-year-old doesn't need the reps. It'll be on Bridgewater and Darnold to try and take the job from him. 

Story continues below video.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/2018/05/22/Bergen/NorthJersey/636625883025565645-052218-JetsOTAs-26.JPG?width=660&height=371&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Growing pains

Sam Darnold played poorly in his first OTA practice. He looked overwhelmed in the pocket at times. He had trouble communicating with his receivers. He completed only 2-of-10 passes and took two sacks. (No one actually touched him, the pressure just got to him before he threw the ball.) Darnold tossed a couple of interceptions in 7-on-7 drills. And there was another botched snap. 

It was probably a frustrating day for the Jets' quarterback of the future. We don't know. The Jets didn't make him available to talk. But frustration is OK at this stage. A rookie is supposed to look a little lost on his first day of real professional practice.

If Darnold is struggling in August, it might be time to worry a little. But there's nothing wrong with him looking a little overwhelmed on Day 1.    https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2018/05/23/5-takeaways-jets-begin-otas-including-sam-darnhttps://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2018/05/23/5-takeaways-jets-begin-otas-including-sam-darnold-and-qb-situation/636510002/old-and-qb-situation/636510002/

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Sam Darnold played poorly in his first OTA practice. He looked overwhelmed in the pocket at times. He had trouble communicating with his receivers. He completed only 2-of-10 passes and took two sacks. (No one actually touched him, the pressure just got to him before he threw the ball.) Darnold tossed a couple of interceptions in 7-on-7 drills. And there was another botched snap. 

Thanks, you didnt have to do it, we know theyre out there. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/8/2021 at 3:12 PM, Bronx said:

Screenshot_20210608-151146~2.png

We can only hope.  There is nothing like the schadenfreude of Jet fans.

On 6/8/2021 at 10:03 PM, Bronx said:

Screenshot_20210608-220218.png

You could sell tickets to Epenesa v. Feliciano. 

I suspect there is bad blood between the two of them since Epenesa had a hard time cracking the rotation as a rookie and Feliciano has been solid as a pro.  In practice somebody's lunch has been getting eaten.  I think Epenesa will be fine in the long run.  He is a stout run stuffing end with inside out potential.  Just a bull rusher though.  A starter for the strong side in the Bills 4-3. 

On 6/8/2021 at 10:07 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Now that the Jets have seen 7 practices of Wilson, there is no doubt if the draft was tomorrow and they had the first pick, they would take wilson over lawrence.

And it wouldnt be close.

image.jpeg.38c4b8e875a1b899395a441e9ca97c5a.jpeg

On 6/9/2021 at 2:10 PM, Bronx said:

Justin Fields OTAs review

And so it begins.  Lawrence vs Wilson vs Fields vs Lance vs Jones vs Tua vs Darnold.  What fun we will have denouncing and defending our choices and belittling those on the board who dare to disagree.   I have to keep a bag of popcorn handy. 

On 6/9/2021 at 2:13 PM, Bronx said:

Cheatriots OTA

Once.  Just once can't the Cheatriots stink up the joint for a few years and take total busts with the top five pick they earn?  Why God, why?

It was the saddest part of the draft.  All of us knew that at least one of the QBs would fall.  But to the Pats?  Ugh.

On 6/9/2021 at 2:21 PM, Bronx said:

Trey Lance 

With Lance we have the added dimension of our coaches former team. 

On 6/9/2021 at 2:37 PM, peebag said:

Now that the Bears have seen 7 practices of Fields, there is no doubt if the draft was tomorrow and they had the first pick, they would take Fields over lawrence.

And it wouldnt be close.

Stirring the pot again, aye Peebag?

23 hours ago, Lith said:

Looks like Gil deleted his tweet, but let this be a lesson that nothing is ever completely deleted from the internet:

I know the Eagles scrapped their mandatory minicamp but I've talked to some folks in the organization who like what they've seen in OTAs from Jamie Newman, the Wake Forest QB who transferred and sat out his only season at Georgia. Looks like he should have been drafted.

— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) 2:58PM  June 9, 2021

20 minutes later...

I love stuff like that.  Why can't he make light of the situation and poke fun at himself?  You know.  "Well, I could be wrong."

@JiFaponoSupporting your QB makes you a villain around here, apparently.

image.jpeg.3da3adfd51acf98a83fcb57bceeea58f.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2021 at 12:26 AM, yvj said:

Haven't you read "The Secret" you have to speak it into existence. 

Nothing wrong with a little magical thinking in June.

11 hours ago, clayton163v said:

We can only hope.  There is nothing like the schadenfreude of Jet fans.

You could sell tickets to Epenesa v. Feliciano. 

I suspect there is bad blood between the two of them since Epenesa had a hard time cracking the rotation as a rookie and Feliciano has been solid as a pro.  In practice somebody's lunch has been getting eaten.  I think Epenesa will be fine in the long run.  He is a stout run stuffing end with inside out potential.  Just a bull rusher though.  A starter for the strong side in the Bills 4-3. 

image.jpeg.38c4b8e875a1b899395a441e9ca97c5a.jpeg

And so it begins.  Lawrence vs Wilson vs Fields vs Lance vs Jones vs Tua vs Darnold.  What fun we will have denouncing and defending our choices and belittling those on the board who dare to disagree.   I have to keep a bag of popcorn handy. 

Once.  Just once can't the Cheatriots stink up the joint for a few years and take total busts with the top five pick they earn?  Why God, why?

It was the saddest part of the draft.  All of us knew that at least one of the QBs would fall.  But to the Pats?  Ugh.

With Lance we have the added dimension of our coaches former team. 

Stirring the pot again, aye Peebag?

I love stuff like that.  Why can't he make light of the situation and poke fun at himself?  You know.  "Well, I could be wrong."

@JiFaponoSupporting your QB makes you a villain around here, apparently.

image.jpeg.3da3adfd51acf98a83fcb57bceeea58f.jpeg

Reminds me when Chad Ford went back and edited his top 100 prospects list by raising "hits" up his board and "busts" down. He was easily and definitively busted using the wayback machine.