Go On The Record

I took the win against the Rams hard like everyone else, but I've been on board with Zack for awhile. Honestly not having the Gase/Darnold combo is going to make this a much more interesting season than the last two

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3,900 yards, 66 % completion, 31 TD's, 11 INT's, 620 rushing yards, 5 rushing TD's.   Offensive rookie of the year. Jets barely miss the playoffs and then JD puts the finishing touches on the roster next off season and the Jets are a legit contender in 2022.  

• Upvote 1

3,250 yards

23 TD’s/11 INT’s

63%

I predict he’ll have a solid year. Nothing much to say until he’s in pads though. These are probably the same numbers I would of given him last month before OTA’s. He’s looked good but nothing in June makes me change my mind for the better or worse. Barring some incredible burst on to the scene, I expect his numbers to be slightly above average & much better than Sam Darnold’s first year where we still couldn’t tell if he caught on well enough thru his numbers.

19 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It took exactly 1 post for a prediction that he has one of the top ten rookie QB performances of all time. 

I'll say 3200 yards, 59% completion, 20TDs, 12 Ints

And it took exactly 3 posts for a prediction that he have less passing yards, per game, than Drew Lock had last year. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

3,250 yards

23 TD’s/11 INT’s

63%

I predict he’ll have a solid year. Nothing much less to say until he’s in pads though. These are probably the same numbers I would of given in last month before OTA’s. He’s looked good but nothing in June makes me change my mind for the better or worse. Barring some incredible burst on to the scene, I expect a solid year. Nothing more. Nothing less.

It will be tough to have a solid year and only throw 3200 yards given how bad our defense will be. If we  had an elite defense than maybe, but we will be behind plenty and if he is only getting up 3200 yards than he is likely not playing at a level we would expect from the #2 overall pick. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It will be tough to have a solid year and only throw 3200 yards given how bad our defense will be. If we  had an elite defense than maybe, but we will be behind plenty and if he is only getting up 3200 yards than he is likely not playing at a level we would expect from the #2 overall pick. 

I really didn’t think 3,200 yards was too shabby. I guess I could of went a tad bit higher. Was trying to play it safe and balanced numbers wise though.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I really didn’t think 3,200 yards was too shabby. I guess I could of went a tad bit higher. Was trying to play it safe and balanced numbers wise though.

3200 yards would put him at 19th in the NFL last year, that would not be that bad.  i would say 3500 or over would be acceptable (Baker had 3563 last year)

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

For QBs like Fields/Lance, 3200 passing yards would likely be a great year because they also run for a good amount and have better defenses. For Wilson and Lawrence, I would expect to see numbers approaching 3500-3800 yards. That would still put them in the 15-18 range in total passing which isn't too high given Fields/Lance, Lamar mostly running and a few other QBs having bad years/getting hurt. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I was not completely sold headed into the draft and had watched a lot of film on all the qbs. I must say with all I've seen in camp so far (which isn't a lot public), he has looked way smoother and competent than expected. 

3,350 24 Tds and 8 INT. 

All gas, no breaks!

I stated way back in November I had serious concerns Wilson would translate well into the NFL.  Think I even went as far as saying I didn't want anything to do with him.  I wanted Fields.

I will say the early signs are encouraging, but they are just early signs.

Now that Wilson is a Jet that doesn't change what I said in November.  What will change though is that I will give him every benefit of the doubt moving forward, because that's how I'm wired.

How's that for on the record?  If he does awesome and I'm gushing about him, I won't ever pretend I doubted him.  And if he flops, I won't ever come back here and tell anyone I told you so because that's dumb.  I am right sometimes and wrong sometimes when evaluating players, coaches, teams, etc.  I just don't care all that much if I'm right or wrong.  I just try to go through the process of evaluating things patiently and as objectively as I can, but that doesn't mean I know anything!

• Sympathy 2

Here's my simple take on his first game: He will throw a bomb deep to whomever and score a TD on the first play of his NFL career.

He did it about 4-5 times at BYU for the first play of the game!

That is of course if the coach allows that for the first play...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

To be fair, the extra game added on this year makes the OPs stats seems pretty feasible if Wilson plays all 17.  Breaking Herbert’s records?  Yeah, nah, that isn’t happening; not with this roster.

A good point. I wasn't thinking about the 17th game. I still think that stat line is a little ambitious, but more feasiable with an extra game. 

1 hour ago, sec143dmf said:

3,900 yards, 66 % completion, 31 TD's, 11 INT's, 620 rushing yards, 5 rushing TD's.   Offensive rookie of the year. Jets barely miss the playoffs and then JD puts the finishing touches on the roster next off season and the Jets are a legit contender in 2022.  

beat me to it!

Offensive ROTY

Good "OTA start" to Wilson's career but there's a long way to go.  His success and his
stats are going to be solely based on our ability to run the ball.  The "Shanahan offense"
is a system which gets chunk plays off of play action.  If we are averaging 4+ yards a
carry and 120+ yards a game we'll finally have a "two handed" offense and Wilson will
thrive (65% / 3500+ yds / 25 TD / 8 INT).  If not he'll look like Darnold    

1 hour ago, freestater said:

3000 ish yards, 2:1 td/int ratio, TDs ~20. 

I think the Jets are going to be a run heavy team tbh. 

You're right. San Fran's offense is run heavy.

I agree with all your numbers except TD's. I say 3000 yards, 24 TD's. 2:1 TD/INT Ratio. BUT... my 4 extra TD's are rushing.

• Upvote 1