Go On The Record

My comp for Wilson is Jay Cutler so I'll go with Cutler's stats as a first-time full time starter minus 5% on everything (except INTs) to account for Cutler getting some experience as a rookie and an extra off season.

60.4%, 3322, 19TDs, 14 INTs 

4 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Between the new coaching staff, work in progress OL and being a rookie I still can't see a scenario where he doesn't struggle over the first half of the season at least. I'll give it about 3200 yards, 61% completion. 18TD, 13 INT,

Keep your eyes on your own paper!

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

My comp for Wilson is Jay Cutler so I'll go with Cutler's stats as a first-time full time starter minus 5% on everything (except INTs) to account for Cutler getting some experience as a rookie and an extra off season.

60.4%, 3322, 19TDs, 14 INTs 

• Haha 3

I’ve been on the bandwagon since last fall. No real reason to jump off it yet. I’m actually more optimistic today than I was then.

I think we will be a predominantly running team. Especially if we sign Moses. So my stats my not be too hot as a result. Also it’s a 17 game season. So that’ll help.

ATT: 550

Yards: 3,930 yards

TDs/INTs: 1.6 / 1

Rushing Yards: 320 yards

PFF Grade: 70

Comparable to Kyler Murray’s rookie season. Not as good running but more efficient passing.

By the end of year, he’ll be viewed as the best QB in this draft.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I’ve been on the bandwagon since last fall. No real reason to jump off it yet. I’m actually more optimistic today than I was then.

I think we will be a predominantly running team. Especially if we sign Moses. So my stats my not be too hot as a result. Also it’s a 17 game season. So that’ll help.

ATT: 550

Yards: 4,125

TDs/INTs: 2/1

PFF Grade: 75-80

By the end of year, he’ll be viewed as the best QB in this draft.

Good point forgot 17 games. I thus amend slightly:

60.4%, 3497, 20TDs, 15 INTs 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

3,250 yards

23 TD’s/11 INT’s

63%

I predict he’ll have a solid year. Nothing much to say until he’s in pads though. These are probably the same numbers I would of given him last month before OTA’s. He’s looked good but nothing in June makes me change my mind for the better or worse. Barring some incredible burst on to the scene, I expect his numbers to be slightly above average & much better than Sam Darnold’s first year where we still couldn’t tell if he caught on well enough thru his numbers.

This

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I really didn’t think 3,200 yards was too shabby. I guess I could of went a tad bit higher. Was trying to play it safe and balanced numbers wise though.

Remember its 17 games this year too

3655 yards 26 TDs 14 INTs 66% completion. 334 completions, 507 attempts, 7.2 YPA, 92.6 passer rating

I don't think he'll blow the league away but I have a suspicion he'll immediately prove competent as an NFL starter and will have one of the best QB statistical seasons a Jets QB has had in the modern era.

It seems like it can't happen here because it hasn't but I like the people we have the building. Will wager it's different this time.

32 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I wouldn’t call that near a bust season at all and it certainly doesn’t indicate how his career will go but sure put words in my mouth.  Lol 

Sorry.  Didnt mean to put words in your mouth.  I know he wasnt your choice and your prediction wasnt great.

So what are you saying?   The post is titled " Go On The Record".

9 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

There was a bit of hand wringing and despair when the Jets won two games and ended up with the second pick in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes, and left us with Zack Wilson.  Many wanted Fields or another QB or to trade down and keep Sam.

We have now heard and seen some tid bits from Wilsons play these last few weeks, so I thought it would be a good time to take the pulse of this forum and see just how many predict stardom and how many still predict he busts.    Lets get everybody on record on Zack and we can "circle back" at the end of the season and see who right and who was wrong.

Ill start by saying he will have a good rookie season with 3800 yds passing, completion percentage of 64 percent and 26 TDs and 10 INTs and show promise of being a top QB by years end.

zi think he will play great, better than those numbers and this team will finally be seen as a winner.