Go On The Record

62% 3900 yards  25 TDs/ 14 INTs . A solid rookie year in a QB friendly system.. with the occasional rookie mistake. So really going out on a limb here... 

I think we’ve all been beaten down as fans for the past few years that despite the stats, watching this offense will be fun. We have some playmakers, a new system and some competent coaches and it’s going to make a world of difference.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Where are all the haters and naysayers?    Tom Shane get off your couch and get in the game.   Bitonti don’t you want to chime in????

You consider all of these predictions to be positive?

On 6/9/2021 at 10:32 PM, SackExchangeNYJ said:

He's a Jet. He would have to have much better numbers than that to win OROY.

Remember the Jet tax.

The media loves a good story and would glom all over a "Jets have finally got it right" narrative.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

You consider all of these predictions to be positive?

I thought Jifapouno’s prediction was “bust” but he says it was “mediocre”.

a few others with similar hedges or injury predictions

I haven’t seen anybody “ go on the record” and predict he busts .  

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Some of these predictions seem pretty bustie to me but I understand what you are saying. Now is again the best time to be a Jets fan -- new HC, new QB -- if you can't be optimistic now, when can you be? :) 

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/9/2021 at 10:01 AM, Bowles Movement said:

There was a bit of hand wringing and despair when the Jets won two games and ended up with the second pick in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes, and left us with Zack Wilson.  Many wanted Fields or another QB or to trade down and keep Sam.

We have now heard and seen some tid bits from Wilsons play these last few weeks, so I thought it would be a good time to take the pulse of this forum and see just how many predict stardom and how many still predict he busts.    Lets get everybody on record on Zack and we can "circle back" at the end of the season and see who right and who was wrong.

Ill start by saying he will have a good rookie season with 3800 yds passing, completion percentage of 64 percent and 26 TDs and 10 INTs and show promise of being a top QB by years end.

that's pretty close to obrien's first full year (16 games).  he had 3888, 25tds, 5ints.  sanchez' first full season (16 games) was 3291 yds, 17 tds, 13 ints.  darnold's best was 3024 yds, 19 tds and 13 ints in 13 games.  even with the 17 game season i suspect he'll come in below obrien, maybe 3400 yds, low 20's for tds and low teens for ints.

• Upvote 1

On 6/9/2021 at 10:01 AM, Bowles Movement said:

There was a bit of hand wringing and despair when the Jets won two games and ended up with the second pick in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes, and left us with Zack Wilson.  Many wanted Fields or another QB or to trade down and keep Sam.

We have now heard and seen some tid bits from Wilsons play these last few weeks, so I thought it would be a good time to take the pulse of this forum and see just how many predict stardom and how many still predict he busts.    Lets get everybody on record on Zack and we can "circle back" at the end of the season and see who right and who was wrong.

Ill start by saying he will have a good rookie season with 3800 yds passing, completion percentage of 64 percent and 26 TDs and 10 INTs and show promise of being a top QB by years end.

TomShane will be signed as  our Veteran backup

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/11/2021 at 3:39 PM, Russh29 said:

3512 yards

65% comp

22 TD’s

12 INT’s

257 yards rushing/3 TD’s

7 wins

Maybe a little optimistic but I'm thinking something like this, which I'd be thrilled with.

I have higher expectations with Zach than I ever had with Sam. I think the pieces around him are actually good and once the team has had the time to gel I want to see Zach playing well. I also think he's just a much better prospect than Sam ever was. 

We have a stacked WR group that should get plenty of decent matchups to exploit and the running game should be a big factor for the first time in a while. I think the line is going to be solid, potentially even good if the right guys step up. Tight End is still a black hole but we should make up for it with the options in the slot. With Crowder on board I can't wait to see this offence in action. 

9 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I have higher expectations with Zach than I ever had with Sam. I think the pieces around him are actually good and once the team has had the time to gel I want to see Zach playing well. I also think he's just a much better prospect than Sam ever was. 

September 12, 2018

On 9/12/2018 at 11:19 AM, Irish Jet said:

Kid just looks legit as f*ck.

8 days later…

On 9/30/2018 at 9:08 PM, Irish Jet said:

Darnold has busted spectacularly. 

On 6/9/2021 at 7:01 AM, Bowles Movement said:

I think he will be around 4400 yards 32 TD passes, 4 rushing and 12 ints.

Average probably around 200 yards per game and slightly more TDs than INTs. Think he'll have a year similar to Darnold's rookie year where he has flashes but also a lot of question marks. Ultimately I don't think he lives up to his potential/draft position.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

A lot of people were pretty slow on the sarcasm for that second quote.

Darnold did look good. I preferred Wilson pre-draft. Not making anything of OTA performances.

You sold is well. Again and again. So congrats I guess for fooling everyone for a string of negative posts about Darnold after week 2 his rookie year.

On 6/11/2021 at 7:01 AM, Bowles Movement said:

I’m seeing a lot of bust predictions to be honest. Tua looks like a bust so far, and a good amount of these predictions are worse than what Tua did last year.

If he plays 17 games, anything under 3,500 yards will be a disappointment. Baker had more than that in 14 games. Kyler, a dual threat QB had more than that in 16 games. Good young QBs throw for yards. It’s really the INTs that are an issue early. Even Wentz had more than that his rookie season.

Find me a good young QB in today’s NFL who didn’t average at least 225 yards per game their rookie season. I’m struggling to find one.

Edit: found one. Josh Allen. The anomaly of all anomalies. Before him, you have to go all the way back to Russell Wilson and the ground and pound Seahawks. He only threw the ball 393 times.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

If he has those stats we are in the playoffs and might win the division!

I do not think it is unrealistic. It's over 17 games as well. I honestly do not think Wilson is going to struggle like most rookie QBs. He will make some mistakes but first, he is an elite talent, 2nd the system itself makes the game simpler for a QB, and 3rd Zach actually has weapons. Our starting WRs on opening day this year and last will be completely night and day, like worst in the NFL to at a minimum above average. Also going unnoticed is that our OL the last 6 games or so was pretty decent. We will score points.

On 6/9/2021 at 10:45 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And it took exactly 3 posts for a prediction that he have less passing yards, per game, than Drew Lock had last year. 

The average odds probably lie more towards the Lock territory. Not every rookie QB can be a spectacular success. 

• Upvote 1