Trevor Lawrence Having A Bad Day At Camp...

31 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Trevor Lawrence Having A Bad Day At Camp... What Could These Early Signs Mean ???

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-south/jacksonville-jaguars/trevor-lawrence-is-having-a-tough-day-at-jaguars-practice

Could the "Generational Prospect" Trevor Lawrence In Combination With Uban Meyer Add Up To A "Generational Disaster" ???  

Wasnt this from the other day and covered already?

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Maybe he’s finally feeling the pressure of having to live up to his billing.  Doesn’t help that it’s been the Tebow show down there again.

I think Tebow is a perfect situation for Trevor.  The distraction keeps the spotlight away from TL at least somewhat, which can only help a rookie with the weight of a franchise on his shoulders.

I agree with Hawkeye about Meyer.  I just don't see anything about him that says "I've got this".  He feels like he'll be just another of those successful college coaches from a dominant program that gets frustrated that his playbook doesn't cut it in the NFL where he doesn't get eight cupcake games every season.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Remember when Garoppolo threw like 6 interceptions in one practice and everyone had something to say? Then they went to the Super Bowl. Not saying that is going to happen for TL but just something to chew on. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Drums said:

Remember when Garoppolo threw like 6 interceptions in one practice and everyone had something to say? Then they went to the Super Bowl. Not saying that is going to happen for TL but just something to chew on. 

Rex Grossman went to a super bowl. They were literally hiding garrapolo in the playoffs that year.  He stinks.  He was the last reason that sf team reached the SB.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Rex Grossman went to a super bowl. They were literally hiding garrapolo in the playoffs that year.  He stinks.  He was the last reason that sf team reached the SB.

Last, first. Who cares? They went to a SB. Must be nice.

45 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Zach Wilson had good OTAs so he is a hall of famer.

Trevor Lawrence had a bad day at camp, so Ryan Leaf.

Of course neither of these are necessarily true. But it is also a fact that Darnold looked awful in OTAs at this point and never panned out so it does have some indicative value of their readiness straight from college. Usually it is the speed of the game but Zach does everything fast even his warmups so at least up to this point the speed difference does not seem to be a factor.

• Sympathy 1

As Parcells used to say - you gotta go by what you see.  We're finally seeing TL and Zach, and commenting on it.  It's newsworthy.  I get it's early but what else are we to base our opinions on?  These guys are getting on the field and some look better than others.  

If things change so will the commentary.  

Jags org looks like a mess.  Jets look more stable - right now.  Things could change but going by what I see (as limited and early as it is) that's how it seems to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Drums said:

Remember that time Jimmy G looked bad in practice and then we all later realized he was bad? 

Not sure this the example Trevor Lawrence would use to defend himself. 

Either way, it is WAY to early to make any judgments about rookies. We can definitely feel better about Wilson because good practice reports are generally a good sign. But bad practice reports aren't really incriminating at this early stage. Josh Allen had some pretty bad reports early on and it took him a couple of years to emerge as a star. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Remember that time Jimmy G looked bad in practice and then we all later realized he was bad? 

Not sure this the example Trevor Lawrence would use to defend himself. 

Either way, it is WAY to early to make any judgments about rookies. We can definitely feel better about Wilson because good practice reports are generally a good sign. But bad practice reports aren't really incriminating at this early stage. Josh Allen had some pretty bad reports early on and it took him a couple of years to emerge as a star. 

Good news is the best news this time of year and I get excited about it, but at the same time, it does not mean much until it happens on the field in pads on Sundays. I am not going to put too much into any team's reports right now.