Trevor Lawrence Having A Bad Day At Camp...

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Darnold is undefeated in games where the first pass was taken to the house by opposing teams. 

Actually, they lost that game.  Mayfield came in and torched them.

33 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Yes.  But this time *I* started the thread.  

I noticed the improved flow to the reporting

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

The people saying it's way to early to cast judgment on Lawrence are likely the same SOJFs who crowned Darnold a bust after his first practices too.

That's just the way this board works.

Yea  but... they were right!

• Upvote 3
26 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Peyton Manning won one game his rookie year.  I'll enjoy these reports for sure.  But we'll see 3 years from now.

True, we have to wait it out to see how things play out, but early on, QB's like Elway, both Mannings etc clearly had the tools while QBs like Sanchez and Sam Darnold clearly had issues.  I think with both Lawrence and Wilson. we will know within three games which of those two groups they will most likely end up in.  Both will make rookie mistakes, but we really will know early on what the future looks like with those two. 

I don’t believe in Lawrence or Meyer.

Both will be major bust imo 

I think Fields and Wilson will be the best QBs of this class when it’s all said and done 

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, jgb said:

I absolutely love these premature victory laps as bump fuel. It's like rolling over cap space for the future.

SOJF take a good feeling story of Zach Wilson doing well at OTA and turning into despair inducing disappointment if he fails. 

It's pleasant and encouraging to see Zach do well at OTA, but all that does for me is make me look forward to him doing well in training camp. I am not even getting excited about pre-season yet. If he does well in training camp, I will probably get a semi. Not gonna lie. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Better than CGI.

I erased the second half of my post - this was me exhibiting self control lol - about that. How if it was made another decade or two later later they'd have force-fed earlier-generation CGI and wouldn't have been half as good. Would've been like Nazis get melted into The Lawnmower Man or a JarJar Binks level 3D cartoon.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Could you imagine if we drafted him and he threw 2 pick six passes in close succession? 

The Lawrence is a bust thread would be 10 pages long by now.

The greatest QB ever because he's making his mistakes in June thread would be even longer. 

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

SOJF take a good feeling story of Zach Wilson doing well at OTA and turning into despair inducing disappointment if he fails. 

It's pleasant and encouraging to see Zach do well at OTA, but all that does for me is make me look forward to him doing well in training camp. I am not even getting excited about pre-season yet. If he does well in training camp, I will probably get a semi. Not gonna lie. 

Trevor Lawrence is as irrelevant to the Jets as Baker Mayfield. Both were off the board when we picked. I don't care how they do. We should be more concerned that Lance or Fields becomes a stud if Wilson busts.

• Upvote 4
40 minutes ago, jgb said:

Trevor Lawrence is as irrelevant to the Jets as Baker Mayfield. Both were off the board when we picked. I don't care how they do. We should be more concerned that Lance or Fields becomes a stud if Wilson busts.

good point

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, jgb said:

My biggest worry since around December. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I erased the second half of my post - this was me exhibiting self control lol - about that. How if it was made another decade or two later later they'd have force-fed earlier-generation CGI and wouldn't have been half as good. Would've been like Nazis get melted into The Lawnmower Man or a JarJar Binks level 3D cartoon.

Every time I watch John Carpenter's The Thing, I think about how great the practical effects are. The prequel they made s few years ago just didn't have the same impact, all the CGI was a step down from the prehistoric stuff.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, JiFapono said:

OMG he’s totally a bust and Zackapono is heading to the HALL OF FAME because June is where you make your legacy known to the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your right.

but bad habits , bad attitude in June can be hard to break by September

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

My biggest worry since around December. 

Same. I would've gone Fields, as well. After the CFP semi-final against Clemson, people here were fretting that Jax would "steal" Fields with the #1 and we'd have to "settle" for Lawrence. Then After Ohio State lost the championship, everyone was suddenly ice cold on Fields.

Enough to give you whiplash.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, jgb said:

Same. I would've gone Fields, as well. After the CFP semi-final against Clemson, people here were fretting that Jax would "steal" Fields with the #1 and we'd have to "settle" for Lawrence. Then After Ohio State lost the championship, everyone was suddenly ice cold on Fields.

Enough to give you whiplash.

No, that’s not what happened. 
The pro scouts and GM’s opinions began to become known. That’s when he got “ice cold”
Before that it was TV personalities and fans.

There’s something there, or multiple things, about his games that knocked him out of the top 10 and none of them had anything to do with the championship game. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

No, that’s not what happened. 
The pro scouts and GM’s opinions began to become known. That’s when he got “ice cold”
Before that it was TV personalities and fans.

There’s something there, or multiple things, about his games that knocked him out of the top 10 and none of them had anything to do with the championship game. 

I'm just commenting on the board's reaction. My neck still hurts from the CFP threads.

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This is 100% correct.

No one, I mean no one is watching OTA's and thinking it means ZW is going to be an all-pro...

But it's fun to see that he's doing well.  it's enjoyable.  We all know all it means is he looks good in OTA's and nothing more...

But, it's okay to be excited about that.  

Some people just feel the need to complain.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm just commenting on the board's reaction. My neck still hurts from the CFP threads.

Yes, that I will agree with.  

Far too many fans here put too much into any one given game.  One bad game against superior opponent does not change how he projects as an NFL prospect.  It's really silly to think otherwise.

• Post of the Week 1

Lawrence is playing everyone in the league.  He's pretending he's really stupid and disinterested and can't hit the side of the barn.  See Marino fake spike as an example and Eli pretending he was dumb as a stump until he was in a big spot at the SB.  

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, that I will agree with.  

Far too many fans here put too much into any one given game.  One bad game against superior opponent does not change how he projects as an NFL prospect.  It's really silly to think otherwise.

And he was dinged up. It was funny because some of the same voices going hot to insta-cold on Fields after the championship game have been playing Darnold Excuse Twister for years.

On 6/10/2021 at 10:58 AM, More Cowbell said:

Could you imagine if we drafted him and he threw 2 pick six passes in close succession? 

The Lawrence is a bust thread would be 10 pages long by now.

I've been gooched