6/10 Jets OTA’s (continued...)

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Jets could have dynamic X-factor with Elijah Moore

The presence of Moore could have an impact on Jamison Crowder

With Crowder still out it seems like there's a bit of a deadlock.  My guess is the Jets approached him about taking a pay cut that he doesn't want to take.  If they're entrenched where Crowder doesn't want the pay cut and he's calling the Jets bluff on releasing him then the Jets seem to have three choices:  1) Trade him  2) Keep him and pay the $10M this year or 3) Release him.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Working summer jobs with my uncle back in the late 60s/70s, they were already an hour and a half late.  lol

About my last 5 years of work I'd get up at 5:30 to get to the fitness center when it opened at 6 am to get 1 1/2 hour work out before work started at 8 am.  Mid 50's I was probably in some of the best shape of my life, certainly weight training and muscle wise.

Too bad I retired about 3 years ago and have gotten fat and lazy.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, peebag said:

yea, and in the winter that 20 mile walk up hill in the snow to go school everyday was a killer.

You haven't lived until you spent a weekend digging post holes with said uncle for his fence.  And none of this motorized b/s either.  Manual post hole digger.  A device created by Satan himself.  And let's not get started on lugging the bags of concrete and mixing the goddam stuff.

6 hours ago, flgreen said:

Major difference between "holding the ball to long, and being mobile to extend a play.

When a QB  is holding the ball to long he is being indecisive, and can't make a quick decision.  Sam was the master of holding the ball to long and making the OL look real bad. 

Do you also want to tell us how there's a difference between dead inside and being actually dead? Your inability to determine nuance has made me one of those. 

6 hours ago, flgreen said:

He has mentioned over 20 times that Wilson holds the ball to long.  Only scribe to bring it up, probably not happening.

He's a Dolphins fan, works for the NYDN.  You know he's just waiting for something to happen on the Jets, or with Wilson, so he can go all Mehta on them.  

There have only been a couple times that ALL of the other beat writers have mentioned holding onto the ball and that is on plays where he eventually threw it away.

• Upvote 2

Major difference between "holding the ball to long, and being mobile to extend a play.
When a QB  is holding the ball to long he is being indecisive, and can't make a quick decision.  Sam was the master of holding the ball to long and making the OL look real bad. 

I’m no QB mechanics expert, but I did play and coach the catcher position in baseball which does relay on throwing mechanics quite a bit. I think what is kind of cool about Zach is his relatively compact throwing motion and quick release. I would preach throwing to second base from just behind your ear to facilitate the release. Power in the throw was generated from good balance and footwork.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 hours ago, munchmemory said:

You haven't lived until you spent a weekend digging post holes with said uncle for his fence.  And none of this motorized b/s either.  Manual post hole digger.  A device created by Satan himself.  And let's not get started on lugging the bags of concrete and mixing the goddam stuff.

dude, I'm from Nebraska.

we do that sort of fun for sh*ts and giggles.

• Haha 2