First Play of his NFL career...

I posted this in: 'For the record', but wanted to explore this further:

When Zach was in HS, one of his 'signature' plays was to throw a deep bomb on the very first play of the game.

In HS, he was roughly 75% successful with that play.

@ BYU, he did it about 6 times, meaning: For 5-6 games of his 2019/20 career at BYU, he threw a deep bomb on the very first play of the game and came away with a touchdown.

I'm just wondering if the coaching staff will allow him to do the same for his very first play of his NFL career...

Seriously, how freaking awesome would that be??!!...

BS...keep it effing simple and not some stupid play.  Hand it off on first snap to ease nerves.  Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.  

• Upvote 2
55 minutes ago, Hystorm said:

When Zach was in HS, one of his 'signature' plays was to throw a deep bomb on the very first play of the game.

@ BYU, he did it about 6 times, meaning: For 5-6 games of his 2019/20 career at BYU, he threw a deep bomb on the very first play of the game and came away with a touchdown.

I'm just wondering if the coaching staff will allow him to do the same for his very first play of his NFL career...

WHAT IF MATT RHULE READS THIS, MAN?

• Haha 4

Jags get the ball first. Sam sucks, throws a pick 6. Second possession Sam continues to suck and gives us the ball back at around the 50. Our first play called is a waggle left. Zach goes to hand it off and sees the rush penetrate the A gap so he reverses and runs it himself and takes it to the house. The Jags immediately demand Sam's head and their buffoon coach's head as well. 

52 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

If I recall correctly Sanchez’ first preseason throw was a 50 yard dime to Clowney vs the Rams.. if Zach wants to launch it go ahead

Go to :45 second mark

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, pointman said:

Jags get the ball first. Sam sucks, throws a pick 6. Second possession Sam continues to suck and gives us the ball back at around the 50. Our first play called is a waggle left. Zach goes to hand it off and sees the rush penetrate the A gap so he reverses and runs it himself and takes it to the house. The Jags immediately demand Sam's head and their buffoon coach's head as well. 

Sam plays for the Panthers and not the Jags, but cool story.

• Haha 4
22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Handoff left behind Becton and AVT please on 1st down.

I hope it goes for 8 yards.

Run the same play on 2nd down but fake the handoff, bootleg back to the right and Zach hits E. Moore for a TD.

Jets fans rejoice, we all starting Googling Super Bowl tickets, etc.  It's amazing!

Carolina gets the ball.

1st down they handoff to Christian McCaffrey for a 75 yard TD rush.

Jets fans panic, we all start Googling for therapists, the JN server crashes.

Nostradamus!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Hystorm said:

It can't be any worse than the first play of Sam Darnold's career.  Really.  I'm inclined to believe that it is one of the Jetsiest moments in Jetsy history.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mark78 said:

BS...keep it effing simple and not some stupid play.  Hand it off on first snap to ease nerves.  Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.  

Adam Gase, is that you?

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It can't be any worse than the first play of Sam Darnold's career.  Really.  I'm inclined to believe that it is one of the Jetsiest moments in Jetsy history.

With Beth Mowins dotting the i in that insanity in her best "man-voice".

Christ, what a sh*tshow. 😆 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Sam plays for the Panthers and not the Jags, but cool story.

I always get those two garbage teams confused. Different turd, same stink. You get the idea.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Go to :45 second mark

There were more Jets big plays in that preseason game than in 2020.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, pointman said:

I am confused by this story.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Be a nice departure from the pick 6 our last QB threw. He will also be there. Haha 

Remember when Darnold was going to be Brett Farve because Farve also threw a pick 6 on his very 1st pass 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Pivots wrong.  Completely collapses the entire knee, irreparably liquifying the anterior, posterior and medial ligaments.  Career over.

At his mother's urging, Zack winds up using all his guaranteed money investing in a consortium hellbent on reintroducing the Bohack Supermarket Chain to its former prominence.  Sadly, this venture is a cacophony of missteps and general ineptitude, which "Titanics" the venture almost immediately.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Be a nice departure from the pick 6 our last QB threw. He will also be there. Haha 

Sam Darnold will watch his replacement's first play, knowing with certainty that Wilson can't possibly do worse on his first play than Darnold did, unless its a pick 6 that ends up being for more yards, or perhaps something on the level of the Sanchez butt fumble.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

If I recall correctly Sanchez’ first preseason throw was a 50 yard dime to Clowney vs the Rams.. if Zach wants to launch it go ahead

Yep that's when they were interviewing Shawn Ellis If I remember correctly

2 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Remember when Darnold was going to be Brett Farve because Farve also threw a pick 6 on his very 1st pass 

They are nothing alike.  Darnold would never text dik pics.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Pivots wrong.  Completely collapses the entire knee, irreparably liquifying the anterior, posterior and medial ligaments.  Career over.

At his mother's urging, Zack winds up using all his guaranteed money investing in a consortium hellbent on reintroducing the Bohack Supermarket Chain to its former prominence.  Sadly, this venture is a cacophony of missteps and general ineptitude, which "Titanics" the venture almost immediately.

My mom preferred Key Food over Bohack. My first job was at Key Food.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

A bold play will certainly set the tone early. Remember when the jets would go for a big gain on the first play after getting a turnover?  I think that was when Michael’s was coaching.

• Haha 1

Here is this:

Goto 43:07 for a good example.

For those going through this video, look for the play where Dax Milne catches the same kind of play/bomb for a TD and in the Endzone does a Curtsy Bow to the crowd. Was an awesome moment...

PS..Found it. @: 1:05:37.

That would be beautiful to see and I can't see any reason why Lafleur wouldn't call that play. With that said, get ready for ground and pound. You know Lafleur is going to handcuff Wilson until he trusts him and has confidence in him. This season is going to be all about the running game and defense.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app