I Made this Cyclone Vid For You Guys and Wanted to Share it Here!

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

When they go back to school, @GREENBEAN you must get them this lunchbox. They’ll be  by the envy of the school. 
Vintage NY Jets 1998 Collector's Metallic Lunch Box  NFL Licensed Holographic 

54193212-0F6A-4173-A45E-2DA661A47AB0.png

That thing is awesome. do they still allow metal lunch boxes?  I thought they went out with the hula Hoop lol 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Looking at it through today's lens is weird. I never thought twice about heading to action park. But looking back it is kind of nuts how it was all run. i'm glad it's in my memory banks though ?

598758574.png?itok=DFcNb9aF

Excellent decision making.

• Sympathy 1

I remember looking at thing every time I went there. It never looked like it would work to me. Even as a 10 yr old or whatever I was that crazy a$$ thing just looked wrong.
And I’ve never seen it open either.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
That thing is emblazoned on my brain from Traction Park ... I always envisioned it as an owners son pet project . I too never saw it used .. thank god.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

On 6/12/2021 at 11:03 AM, GREENBEAN said:

Sold everything I own and bought an RV to take my kids on every coaster in the country. 775 of em. We’re right at about 220 right now. It’s harder than I even thought it would be though. emoji23.png

I have a full YouTube page dedicated to it and am about to begin the pod cast of what it’s like to do this sh*t.

https://youtube.com/c/FullTimeCoasterTour

It’s amazing but it’s hard. I gotta start making some more money soon too lol

We left in March of 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If I can give you a little bit of feedback - you have an incredibly interesting concept - I don't think I've heard of someone doing this before.  It's really cool.  But, with that, your videos are way too long.  The average coaster is, what, 45 seconds?  An 8-10 minute video is way too much - Especially 800 of them - you're talking about over 100 hours of content.

You have the ability to become an interesting and fun resource, and I could absolutely see myself watching a lot of 2-3 minute videos to learn about a new place.  You could post them on a twitter account regularly, and so every couple of days, I could see myself watching a new short video.

However, 10 minutes is an actual commitment of my time.  I'm not going to watch hundreds of 10 minute videos, but your personality, and the rides, could get me to commit 2-3 minutes of my time twice a week to you.  Develop a structure, and repeat it, but keep it short, simple, and well packaged, and I think you could grow a real following.

You could always do longer stuff from time to time for those really interested.

Just a thought... Do with it what you like.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Dunnie said:

That thing is emblazoned on my brain from Traction Park ... I always envisioned it as an owners son pet project . I too never saw it used .. thank god.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

in the doc 'Class Action Park" there was a story about someone going down that thing anc coming out with a deep gauge on the body. they found out that it was from someone's tooth that fell off and got stuck in the side of it hahahaha

That just might be the craziest water slide ever attempted. lol 

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

If I can give you a little bit of feedback - you have an incredibly interesting concept - I don't think I've heard of someone doing this before.  It's really cool.  But, with that, your videos are way too long.  The average coaster is, what, 45 seconds?  An 8-10 minute video is way too much - Especially 800 of them - you're talking about over 100 hours of content.

You have the ability to become an interesting and fun resource, and I could absolutely see myself watching a lot of 2-3 minute videos to learn about a new place.  You could post them on a twitter account regularly, and so every couple of days, I could see myself watching a new short video.

However, 10 minutes is an actual commitment of my time.  I'm not going to watch hundreds of 10 minute videos, but your personality, and the rides, could get me to commit 2-3 minutes of my time twice a week to you.  Develop a structure, and repeat it, but keep it short, simple, and well packaged, and I think you could grow a real following.

You could always do longer stuff from time to time for those really interested.

Just a thought... Do with it what you like.

Interesting. i've often thought similarly.  The problem is that I can't seem to shut up.  I collect 2 hours of footage and edit it down to 10 min which takes me a loooooong time. Too long actually.  it kills me quite frankly.  

At this early stage i am trying to mimic other formats I've seen out there to see what sticks. I am still sort of trying things out but one thing i can say is that I think I agree with you. This method is unsustainable. hahaha 

I appreciate it man. Sincerely. i think I'll take this one I'm working on now about Knoebels and try to get it to 3 min.  It's currently sitting at 18 lol

Thanks man. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Interesting. i've often thought similarly.  The problem is that I can't seem to shut up.  I collect 2 hours of footage and edit it down to 10 min which takes me a loooooong time. Too long actually.  it kills me quite frankly.  

At this early stage i am trying to mimic other formats I've seen out there to see what sticks. I am still sort of trying things out but one thing i can say is that I think I agree with you. This method is unsustainable. hahaha 

I appreciate it man. Sincerely. i think I'll take this one I'm working on now about Knoebels and try to get it to 3 min.  It's currently sitting at 18 lol

Thanks man. 

Don't shoot that much.  You don't need it.

Here's my thought on 3 minutes:

Open up with a highlight of the ride.  The best ones you've got.  (5 seconds)

Then, you have some kind of intro that you use in every episode, featuring the journey overall.  "I sold all my sh*t, bought an RV, and decided to ride every coaster in the country" is great.  (20 seconds)

Then, we introduce the location and the ride.  (20 seconds)

Then, it's about the story you want to tell, which can be conceptualized as answering the interesting questions.  For me those would be as follows:  Height?  Speed?  Seating/standing/etc?  Material?  What makes this ride unique/special?  Any interesting anecdots.  Give me about 1:15 on why I'd want to go here to this ride, while showing me the ride.

That's 2 minutes.

Last minute-ish is your post-ride review, and a comment on where you'll be next.

That's a pretty tight package that is replicable and should be able to hold a viewer's attention.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Then, you have some kind of intro that you use in every episode, featuring the journey overall.  "I sold all my sh*t, bought an RV, and decided to ride every coaster in the country" is great.  (20 seconds)

Then, it's about the story you want to tell, which can be conceptualized as answering the interesting questions.  For me those would be as follows:  Height?  Speed?  Seating/standing/etc?  Material?  What makes this ride unique/special?  Any interesting anecdots.  Give me about 1:15 on why I'd want to go here to this ride, while showing me the ride.

That's 2 minutes.

Last minute-ish is your post-ride review, and a comment on where you'll be next.

That's a pretty tight package that is replicable and should be able to hold a viewer's attention.

Getting those view counts up and getting a following on various platforms could go a long way towards the bolded below. EY's thoughts are perfect. Don't lose your personality though - that's what'll keep everyone coming back for more. Good luck @GREENBEAN!

On 6/12/2021 at 11:03 AM, GREENBEAN said:

It’s amazing but it’s hard. I gotta start making some more money soon too lol

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Getting those view counts up and getting a following on various platforms could go a long way towards the bolded below. EY's thoughts are perfect. Don't lose your personality though - that's what'll keep everyone coming back for more. Good luck @GREENBEAN!

In order to make any sort of consistent revenue as his viewership grows, his videos need to be a minimum of 8 minutes in length (used to be 10) so as to qualify for more than 1 ad per view and the important mid-roll slot.  Videos as short as 3 minutes won’t work. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

In order to make any sort of consistent revenue as his viewership grows, his videos need to be a minimum of 8 minutes in length (used to be 10) so as to qualify for more than 1 ad per view and the important mid-roll slot.  Videos as short as 3 minutes won’t work. 

SAR I

Disagree. Generating a higher income per view only works with consistent views - which is the model you're talking about. It's for people who already have a following and are now looking to maximize their revenue per video. For someone still starting out - if they're not putting out content which people care to watch, they're not going to get views. Simple as that. Doesn't matter how many ads you throw into a 30 min video at that point.

Consistent revenue is all about view counts. 

29 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Disagree. Generating a higher income per view only works with consistent views - which is the model you're talking about. It's for people who already have a following and are now looking to maximize their revenue per video. For someone still starting out - if they're not putting out content which people care to watch, they're not going to get views. Simple as that. Doesn't matter how many ads you throw into a 30 min video at that point.

Consistent revenue is all about view counts. 

Like I said "as his viewership grows".

And he's got to imagine and prepare for a world a few years from now when the videos he's making today will need to generate revenue and once they're sitting at 3 minutes he can't beef them up to 8.

What he should do IMO is create 8 minute videos where the first 4 minutes are new content and the last 4 minutes are a recap of past coasters.  So if he's putting up Coaster #12 he tags on a recap of Coasters #1-11 at the end.  It interesting to his followers to see the recaps, drives them to see the detail of the other videos, and its the 8 minute cap.

SAR I

On 6/12/2021 at 5:52 PM, GREENBEAN said:

Looking at it through today's lens is weird. I never thought twice about heading to action park. But looking back it is kind of nuts how it was all run. i'm glad it's in my memory banks though ?

Grew up 20 miles North of it. Used to go there quite often  in the late 70s and the 80s.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

Like I said "as his viewership grows".

And he's got to imagine and prepare for a world a few years from now when the videos he's making today will need to generate revenue and once they're sitting at 3 minutes he can't beef them up to 8.

What he should do IMO is create 8 minute videos where the first 4 minutes are new content and the last 4 minutes are a recap of past coasters.  So if he's putting up Coaster #12 he tags on a recap of Coasters #1-11 at the end.  It interesting to his followers to see the recaps, drives them to see the detail of the other videos, and its the 8 minute cap.

SAR I

This is all good stuff and  I think you are both right.  I subscribed to a longer form with the 8-10 min piece and having evergreen vids that can continually generate views for years to come. But in truth, it's long form more because I can't seem to shut up. Being Concise has always been a bit of an issue for this wordy cat. hahaha

I've done well considering. About 600 subs in the past 5-6 months. But compare that to GreenBean Jets fan page where I've gotten 3000 subs in 3-4 months and clearly it's not moving in the same way.  So I think taking what @greenwichjetfan and @TeddEY are saying is key to help get me there.  And I've already felt the shift because of these words.

I'm about to add the prepared longer vids in the form of a podcast with my wife where we can expand on the shorter vids.  But the 3 min thing will help get my days in order because I spend a hell of a lot of time on this. With Fulltime Coaster Tour, GreenBean Jets Fan and JetNation added to home schooling the kids, Going to the theme parks, National parks, cities like Boston and Salem(WITCHES) yesterday and the consistent travel it's not easy to get it all in. 

I appreciate you guys chiming in with your thoughts. It's helpful to hear others thoughts on the matter.  I get jumbled at times and it's nice just to see this here. JN is the best and always has been. 

Oh.... if you guys could go and sub to the accounts it would be pretty awesome too. ??‍♂️???‍♂️

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2021 at 11:14 PM, TeddEY said:

That's 2 minutes.

I like it.  I'm working on trimming the Knoebels down to this type of a format right now.  It's gonna be tough to make that shift to the shorter form for a wordy guy like me, but once I get there I think it will be easier to maintain moving forward. This is tougher than you'd think. Lots to say over here hahaha

I'll tag you in the first one and it would be great to hear your truthful thoughts on it. I seek constructive thoughts and find it hard to come by out there. Most people are either venomously hurtful or lovingly dishonest.  ya know? 

Thanks for taking the time man. It's sincerely appreciated 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Snook said:

Grew up 20 miles North of it. Used to go there quite often  in the late 70s and the 80s.

I had a friends in Vernon and the surrounding areas. Used to Ski at hidden Valley and Vernon Valley (too crowded) 

And went to Action Park at least 2x a year. I was heartbroken when it closed down and changed the name.  I had no idea what was going on behind the scenes lol 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I had a friends in Vernon and the surrounding areas. Used to Ski at hidden Valley and Vernon Valley (too crowded) 

And went to Action Park at least 2x a year. I was heartbroken when it closed down and changed the name.  I had no idea what was going on behind the scenes lol 

I'm back in the area and was looking forward to going there so I Google it and found out about the change a week ago. Looks totally different. 

2 hours ago, Snook said:

I'm back in the area and was looking forward to going there so I Google it and found out about the change a week ago. Looks totally different. 

hahaha you just found out huh?  That's pretty funny. Out of sight out of mind lol 

There is a pretty good Doc on HBO Max called Class Action Park. It's illuminating to see.  I remember that place with such fondness and am glad that it's a part of my memories. But learning about how it all really went down is pretty damn crazy. The owner was nuts. lol 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

hahaha you just found out huh?  That's pretty funny. Out of sight out of mind lol 

There is a pretty good Doc on HBO Max called Class Action Park. It's illuminating to see.  I remember that place with such fondness and am glad that it's a part of my memories. But learning about how it all really went down is pretty damn crazy. The owner was nuts. lol 

Yup , moved to Fla. in '87 . I'll have to watch that ,  thanks. 

• Upvote 1