Jump to content

Anybody ever go to training camp?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can barely watch this team on Sunday. 

If they cannot attend, PSL Holders should give them to other PSL holders, and season ticket holders should give them to other season ticket holders.    Do NOT encourage non-paying fans to dream o

No, people should help out whoever they’d like to help out. Many true, great fans aren’t in a position to have season tickets for a myriad of reasons. Maybe they can’t get to a game, but still see the

Posted Images

I went once when they were at hofstra, and once when they were at cortland.  Have also been to many bills and steelers camps since they were closer to where I grew up.  Always a great time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I gotta be honest here.

I love you on this board as I think your bit as taking the other side of things is good for this board.  Drives conversation..

But I actually think you believe this....

I'm clearly a big Jet fan...live and die with this team.  But I'm not a season ticket holder.  To be clear, I can afford to be.

I go to one or two games a year, I pay and buy quality seats...I typically pay in the $700 a ticket range (I like to be comfortable without rif-raf in my face)

But, honestly, I simply enjoy football with my friends at home or at a bar...I simply enjoy that better.

That doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else....It's what I enjoy.

 

$700 a ticket? That’s the coaches club, best seats in house!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I gotta be honest here.

I love you on this board as I think your bit as taking the other side of things is good for this board.  Drives conversation..

But I actually think you believe this....

I'm clearly a big Jet fan...live and die with this team.  But I'm not a season ticket holder.  To be clear, I can afford to be.

I go to one or two games a year, I pay and buy quality seats...I typically pay in the $700 a ticket range (I like to be comfortable without rif-raf in my face)

But, honestly, I simply enjoy football with my friends at home or at a bar...I simply enjoy that better.

That doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else....It's what I enjoy.

 

That’s cool, that’s perfectly fine.  

But you’re not one of the ones blaming season ticket holders for the amount of enemy fans in the building and those are who I am referring to.  

Anyone who doesn’t like the empty seats, or seats filled with opposing team colors, can feel free to put their money where their mouths are, buy season tickets, and show up.  

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I gotta be honest here.

I love you on this board as I think your bit as taking the other side of things is good for this board.  Drives conversation..

But I actually think you believe this....

I'm clearly a big Jet fan...live and die with this team.  But I'm not a season ticket holder.  To be clear, I can afford to be.

I go to one or two games a year, I pay and buy quality seats...I typically pay in the $700 a ticket range (I like to be comfortable without rif-raf in my face)

But, honestly, I simply enjoy football with my friends at home or at a bar...I simply enjoy that better.

That doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else....It's what I enjoy.

 

Fido you good people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That’s cool, that’s perfectly fine.  

But you’re not one of the ones blaming season ticket holders for the amount of enemy fans in the building and those are who I am referring to.  

Anyone who doesn’t like the empty seats, or seats filled with opposing team colors, can feel free to put their money where their mouths are, buy season tickets, and show up.  

SAR I

I like watching Jets on my screen porch at the lake in my I’ll fitting Jets bathing suit. You talk shit and I will pm you a picture every Sunday from some absolutely terrifying angles, 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

I went in 2015 and had a blast, definitely will go back. Tons of autographs and chance to chat with players. Not sure now with Covid. 

No plans for fans at training camp but look out for a green and white scrimmage at Met Life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 9:56 PM, SAR I said:

If they cannot attend, PSL Holders should give them to other PSL holders, and season ticket holders should give them to other season ticket holders.   

Do NOT encourage non-paying fans to dream of attending.  These events are not for them. 

SAR I

inspired i love me GIF by Collider

 

Screenshot_20210613-065456~2.png

  • Sad 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Brokers?  What is this, 1990?

The majority of season ticket holders can't give them away let alone sell them on Stubhub.  We'd rather just eat them than be bothered to chase the $25 or whatever the Geno Smith/Ryan Fitzpatrick/Bryce Petty/Sam Darnold Jets were getting on the aftermarket.

Enemy fans buy unsold tickets from the Jets via Ticketmaster or Stubhub.  The very seats someone like you could be sitting in.  But you don't.  So they get them instead.  And then you try to blame season ticket holders like it isn't your fault.  We're not falling for it.  Show up or shut up.

SAR I

You're  living in a fantasy world, just like when you thought Gase was going to save the Jets.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 7:52 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Looks like it’s back open to the public this year. Has anyone ever gone? How is it? Easy to meet players/get autographs? Do you need to buy tickets?

I went a lot when training camp was held at Hofstra. That was always fun. You softened tickets then. I went a few times in upstate NY when Rex was HC. To my knowledge the practices are open to watch. At the end of practice the players would always come out to the fence to sign autographs and shake hands with the fans....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last training camp I attended, Coles was still playing WR. Was fun but nothing too amazing in my opinion. And no, I’m not a season ticket holder but I guess back then they were a bit more liberal letting fans in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You're  living in a fantasy world, just like when you thought Gase was going to save the Jets.

No one uses ticket brokers anymore and the prices one can get on Stubhub these last 8 years are so pathetic most season ticket holders I know don't even bother to list tickets to games they can't go to.  The Jets list available tickets on Ticketmaster and Stubhub, with thousands of seats the math and the effort makes sense for them, and those are the seats that opposing fans are buying.

The enemy fans in the building are there because you don't buy season tickets.  So stop blaming season ticket holders for a problem you are causing.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No one uses ticket brokers anymore and the prices one can get on Stubhub these last 8 years are so pathetic most season ticket holders I know don't even bother to list tickets to games they can't go to.  The Jets list available tickets on Ticketmaster and Stubhub, with thousands of seats the math and the effort makes sense for them, and those are the seats that opposing fans are buying.

The enemy fans in the building are there because you don't buy season tickets.  So stop blaming season ticket holders for a problem you are causing.

SAR I

As someone who buys tickets on both sites, i have to tell you, you have no idea what you are talking about. The tickets the Jets offer are not good seats. They way you are talking makes it sound lime they can sell any seat in the stadium. They can't. They also sell seats at higher prices depending on who the Jets play, just like a broker. Go look at how much tickets cost on ticketmaster for the Pats as opposed to the Bengals. The Pats are double the price. The Jets also don't  sell tickets on stubhub so I have no idea why you are bringing them up but as a person who buys tickets, stubhub has much better customer service so too bad they don't.  Seats in the club sections on the 40 for the Bengals game are currently being sold for over $300 each. The nose bleed section are 96 and that is before these sites add there fees. The only time I ever saw tickets going for the prices you are talking about was in Todd Bowles last season. 

You literally are wrong about everything

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

As someone who buys tickets on both sites, i have to tell you, you have no idea what you are talking about. The tickets the Jets offer are not good seats. They way you are talking makes it sound lime they can sell any seat in the stadium. They can't. They also sell seats at higher prices depending on who the Jets play, just like a broker. Go look at how much tickets cost on ticketmaster for the Pats as opposed to the Bengals. The Pats are double the price. The Jets also don't  sell tickets on stubhub so I have no idea why you are bringing them up but as a person who buys tickets, stubhub has much better customer service so too bad they don't.  Seats in the club sections on the 40 for the Bengals game are currently being sold for over $300 each. The nose bleed section are 96 and that is before these sites add there fees. The only time I ever saw tickets going for the prices you are talking about was in Todd Bowles last season. 

You literally are wrong about everything

We can go round in circles about your bizarre 1990 ticket broker theories all you want, but in the end the answer is still the same:

Enemy fans have significant numbers in MetLife Stadium because big mouthed pretzel eating basement dwelling Jets fans didn't buy the very tickets that Steelers, Cowboys, Vikings, and Raiders fans did.

If 20,000 Jets fans bought the seats that the Steelers fans bought in December 2019, there would be have been no Steelers fans there.  That's not the fault of the season ticket holder.  That's the fault of cheap stayhome Jets fans.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We can go round in circles about your bizarre 1990 ticket broker theories all you want, but in the end the answer is still the same:

Enemy fans have significant numbers in MetLife Stadium because big mouthed pretzel eating basement dwelling Jets fans didn't buy the very tickets that Steelers, Cowboys, Vikings, and Raiders fans did.

If 20,000 Jets fans bought the seats that the Steelers fans bought in December 2019, there would be have been no Steelers fans there.  That's not the fault of the season ticket holder.  That's the fault of cheap stayhome Jets fans.

SAR I

There is no going around in circles, you have been wrong about everything you wrote

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 7:52 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Looks like it’s back open to the public this year. Has anyone ever gone? How is it? Easy to meet players/get autographs? Do you need to buy tickets?

When I lived in Queens I used to got to Hofstra almost every year.  You just got in your car and shoed up. Simple as that.  I've gone to several at Florham park, which is near where I live now.  Much more professional, but less family-like atmosphere.  Worth a trip over.  Arrive e-a-r-l-y or you will see nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2021 at 10:02 AM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Florham Park is hole compared to Hofstra .

Are you out of your mind?  Hofstra was hardly better than the facilities at some high schools here.  Florham Park is top-notch training camp.  Have you ever been inside?  Geez.. it is fabulous.  Hofstra was an undersized, technologically deficient, antiquated and inadequate in every respect for an NFL team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Are you out of your mind?  Hofstra was hardly better than the facilities at some high schools here.  Florham Park is top-notch training camp.  Have you ever been inside?  Geez.. it is fabulous.  Hofstra was an undersized, technologically deficient, antiquated and inadequate in every respect for an NFL team.  

This is all 100% true, but from a fan's experience at TC, Hofstra was a heck of a lot more fun back in the day then Florham Park.   IMO 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

As someone who buys tickets on both sites, i have to tell you, you have no idea what you are talking about. The tickets the Jets offer are not good seats. They way you are talking makes it sound lime they can sell any seat in the stadium. They can't. They also sell seats at higher prices depending on who the Jets play, just like a broker. Go look at how much tickets cost on ticketmaster for the Pats as opposed to the Bengals. The Pats are double the price. The Jets also don't  sell tickets on stubhub so I have no idea why you are bringing them up but as a person who buys tickets, stubhub has much better customer service so too bad they don't.  Seats in the club sections on the 40 for the Bengals game are currently being sold for over $300 each. The nose bleed section are 96 and that is before these sites add there fees. The only time I ever saw tickets going for the prices you are talking about was in Todd Bowles last season. 

You literally are wrong about everything

The Jets sell all their unsold tickets on Ticketmaster, not stubhub.  At least that's the "official" word.  In addition Ticketmaster will color differentiate which tickets are resales and which are directly from the Jets.  Stubhub does none of that.  Ticketmaster is generally pricier than stubhub as well.  There have been games when it's only two of us, so I'll sell my three seats and then buy a pair.  The extra money people pay for three together in a premium section more than cancels out any ticket fees I pay .  My tickets sell more often on stubhub but make more money on ticketmaster.  Its always fun waiting until after midnight/1am the morning of the game to buy two at extraordinary low prices.  People drop their prices before going to bed on Saturday.  It's a lock.  

Fast forward several years: if the jets are a solid contender, all the will go up in smoke.  I hope it does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This is all 100% true, but from a fan's experience at TC, Hofstra was a heck of a lot more fun back in the day then Florham Park.   IMO 

I agree 100% with that!  I loved going to Hofstra.  But the post I responded to said that Florham Park was a hole... context being the quality of the facilities.  Atlantic Health is an amazing facility.  There is no argument.  Hofstra was akin to a high school facility. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

There is no going around in circles, you have been wrong about everything you wrote

billmet.jpg

The reason this guy is able to go to a Jets game at MetLife Stadium every year is because you don't.

Remember that the next time you can't be bothered to take $25 out of your wallet, sit on the couch, and judge season ticket holders who actually make an effort.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

billmet.jpg

The reason this guy is able to go to a Jets game at MetLife Stadium every year is because you don't.

Remember that the next time you can't be bothered to take $25 out of your wallet, sit on the couch, and judge season ticket holders who actually make an effort.

SAR I

Tell you what, l will buy 6 tickets for $25 each to the home game against the Pats. Please just provide the link.  Seats need to be together and no higher than row 10 in the upper deck. 

I'll be waiting for your response. 

That is six less Pat Fans at Met-Life. Nobel cause for you so I expect you to be all over this

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dcat said:

The Jets sell all their unsold tickets on Ticketmaster, not stubhub.  At least that's the "official" word.  In addition Ticketmaster will color differentiate which tickets are resales and which are directly from the Jets.  Stubhub does none of that.  Ticketmaster is generally pricier than stubhub as well.  There have been games when it's only two of us, so I'll sell my three seats and then buy a pair.  The extra money people pay for three together in a premium section more than cancels out any ticket fees I pay .  My tickets sell more often on stubhub but make more money on ticketmaster.  Its always fun waiting until after midnight/1am the morning of the game to buy two at extraordinary low prices.  People drop their prices before going to bed on Saturday.  It's a lock.  

Fast forward several years: if the jets are a solid contender, all the will go up in smoke.  I hope it does.

I was listing tickets on Ticketmaster yesterday and noticed many tickets in each section with the same price that were marked with blue dots. I assumed that they were being sold by the Jets. I believe they were above face value.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NY Jets fans are a loyal breed most resilient fans in the NFL. 

For the most part we all stick together. 

My request for passes to training camp from others who may not use them still applies. 

If training camp does in fact allow visitors I am still interested in any unused passes. 

I believe you (season ticket holder)  get rewards points for being scanned in. 

During the week is the best option for anyone thinking about attending the weekends get a little crowded at Florham Park. 

Thanks 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NY Jets fans are a loyal breed most resilient fans in the NFL. 

For the most part we all stick together. 

My request for passes to training camp from others who may not use them still applies. 

If training camp does in fact allow visitors I am still interested in any unused passes. 

I believe you (season ticket holder)  get rewards points for being scanned in. 

During the week is the best option for anyone thinking about attending the weekends get a little crowded at Florham Park. 

Thanks 

 

It would have to be for the green and white game as I understand from my account rep that practices won't be open to the public but they are looking at a green and white game at MetLife.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Tell you what, l will buy 6 tickets for $25 each to the home game against the Pats. Please just provide the link.  Seats need to be together and no higher than row 10 in the upper deck. 

I'll be waiting for your response. 

That is six less Pat Fans at Met-Life. Nobel cause for you so I expect you to be all over this

Yeah, when the Jets hype is the highest it’s been in 10 years and we’ll have no problem filling the stadium with green jerseys against the Patriots that’s when you decide to show support.  

The only thing worse than a no-show basement complainer is a front runner.  

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NY Jets fans are a loyal breed most resilient fans in the NFL. 

For the most part we all stick together. 

My request for passes to training camp from others who may not use them still applies. 

If training camp does in fact allow visitors I am still interested in any unused passes. 

I believe you (season ticket holder)  get rewards points for being scanned in. 

During the week is the best option for anyone thinking about attending the weekends get a little crowded at Florham Park. 

Thanks 

 

“No” is a word you’re going to have to learn to accept.  

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the years on this board I have had many disagreements with @SAR I  

I laugh at him now. :rl:

He's quite an amusing specimen.

I often wonder if his middle name is "Chuckle's" because he makes me laugh. 

joewilly12 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, when the Jets hype is the highest it’s been in 10 years and we’ll have no problem filling the stadium with green jerseys against the Patriots that’s when you decide to show support.  

The only thing worse than a no-show basement complainer is a front runner.  

SAR I

You're unbelievable.  You just told me 25 a seat. Front runner? I have been a fan since the Mud Bowl. That's a front  runner?

An BTW, I had season tickets but I always ended up selling more tickets than using. It was a bad investment. If you have time to spend in a Sunday about 6 hours to go to a game, then you have less to do on weekends than I do. Most Sundays I am watching the Jets on my DVR because of work. 

Come on big mouth, show me those $25 tickets. I'm going to the Pats game anyway so may as well save about $400 with your ticket deal

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, when the Jets hype is the highest it’s been in 10 years and we’ll have no problem filling the stadium with green jerseys against the Patriots that’s when you decide to show support.  

The only thing worse than a no-show basement complainer is a front runner.  

SAR I

Oh, and I guarantee  you the Pats game will be loaded with Pats fans. That and Miami are the only two teams I ever go to see and there are always tons of both fans. You think this year is going to be different,  you are delusional 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 8:56 PM, SAR I said:

If they cannot attend, PSL Holders should give them to other PSL holders, and season ticket holders should give them to other season ticket holders.   

Do NOT encourage non-paying fans to dream of attending.  These events are not for them. 

SAR I

Is it a ongoing joke, or are you really just this big an a$#hat?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Are you out of your mind?  Hofstra was hardly better than the facilities at some high schools here.  Florham Park is top-notch training camp.  Have you ever been inside?  Geez.. it is fabulous.  Hofstra was an undersized, technologically deficient, antiquated and inadequate in every respect for an NFL team.  

It was better for fans .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...