Le'Veon not a happy camper in KC either. LOL

Bell’s rushing and receiving averages with KC were almost exactly what they were in his last year with the Steelers, which were fairly pedestrian but not awful.  Reid just had better options.  I guess that’s the downside of choosing to sign with the most talented offense in the league after the season had started.  Bell might get another chance, if he’s willing to sign for a low salary. 

I don’t bear him any ill will.  He was a fairly solid citizen with the Jets, despite all of the losing and bad coaching.  I think he’s just a guy who’s struggling with the realization that he’s no longer a star and is an average player at best.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, MykePM said:

Bell’s rushing and receiving averages with KC were almost exactly what they were in his last year with the Steelers, which were fairly pedestrian but not awful.  Reid just had better options.  I guess that’s the downside of choosing to sign with the most talented offense in the league after the season had started.  Bell might get another chance, if he’s willing to sign for a low salary. 

I don’t bear him any ill will.  He was a fairly solid citizen with the Jets, despite all of the losing and bad coaching.  I think he’s just a guy who’s struggling with the realization that he’s no longer a star and is an average player at best.

Yep.  And he’s also trying to defend his poor play so perhaps someone will sign him.  It was easy to make an excuse when he was a Jet.  Not so much in KC.  

But I’m not so sure going after Andy Reid specifically is a good call…

• Upvote 1

If you're not happy on offense with Andy Reid, you are never going to be happy. 

His offenses have produced since he was back in Philly 20 years ago.   He is the anti-Bellichek, people speak highly of him.

Bell is old. Slow, and simply a JAG at best at this point in his career.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, David Harris said:

Pittsburgh didn’t exactly let him go, not easily anyway. They made a big effort to resign him but he demanded a number past their line. It ended up hurting both parties.

As an aside I still Can’t believe we’re paying Trumaine Johnson $8 million this year. It feels like the Bobby Bonilla contract.

Bobby Bonilla day is coming up soon (July 1st every year until 2035.)

I think the Mets and the Jets front offices had the same math deficiencies.

In 2000, the Mets agreed to buy out Bonilla’s remaining $5.9 million contract.

Instead of paying that cash up-front, the team agreed to give Bonilla $1.19 million per year for 25 years. The payments were deferred, starting in 2011. His annual pay includes a guaranteed 8% interest rate.

Bonilla’s career didn’t end with the Mets. After being released in 2000, he played ball for the St. Louis Cardinals in 2001. Bonilla was among the highest-paid players in Major League Baseball when he initially signed with the Mets in the early ’90s.  

Bonilla’s deal is extremely lucrative for two reasons, according to Levine, who is a a certified financial planner and CPA.

For one, the Mets are paying Bonilla nearly $29.8 million, which is the sum of all his annual payments.

That’s more than double the $12.7 million value Bonilla’s contract would have had at the time he started getting paid in 2011, according to Levine’s calculations.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Bobby Bonilla day is coming up soon (July 1st every year until 2035.)

I think the Mets and the Jets front offices had the same math deficiencies.

In 2000, the Mets agreed to buy out Bonilla’s remaining $5.9 million contract.

Instead of paying that cash up-front, the team agreed to give Bonilla $1.19 million per year for 25 years. The payments were deferred, starting in 2011. His annual pay includes a guaranteed 8% interest rate.

Bonilla’s career didn’t end with the Mets. After being released in 2000, he played ball for the St. Louis Cardinals in 2001. Bonilla was among the highest-paid players in Major League Baseball when he initially signed with the Mets in the early ’90s.  

Bonilla’s deal is extremely lucrative for two reasons, according to Levine, who is a a certified financial planner and CPA.

For one, the Mets are paying Bonilla nearly $29.8 million, which is the sum of all his annual payments.

That’s more than double the $12.7 million value Bonilla’s contract would have had at the time he started getting paid in 2011, according to Levine’s calculations.

He showed them the Bronx. 

we've seen this movie many times.  seems like the jets  sign these formerly good players to big contracts only to see them fall on their faces.  sure the initial thought was that gase's offense and the oline was no damn good (with good reason) but in the end it's more like bell was no damn good and just doesn't have it anymore.