Jump to content

Eagles sign Nick Mullens


Recommended Posts

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

at least he wouldnt need to learn the playbook, he'd just call his own.

"Throw a football over them mountains on 3. Break!"

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Eagles may have the worst group of QB's in the NFL. Speaks volumes that our coaches didn't want anything to do with him.

Does it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Eagles may have the worst group of QB's in the NFL. Speaks volumes that our coaches didn't want anything to do with him.

Speaks volumes that PHI drafted a WR instead of a QB this year.  I don't know what they see in Hurts but I see a poor man's Taysom Hill and I'm not even sure a rich man's Taysom Hill is a starting QB.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Nick Foles is the only remaining option for JD when the Bears cut him or JD trades for him. 

This

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

seems as if Jets are in no rush to add a QB

Makes sense...someone will shake free in the coming weeks. CHI isn't keeping Fields, Dalton and Foles on the roster unless one of the top two get hurt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So much for the Mullens dream, lol.  

So who is the next dream "Veteran Mentor" you guys will obsess over not having?

 

<Inserts GIF of Josh McCown sitting in a Hot Tub>

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, section314 said:

Eagles may have the worst group of QB's in the NFL. Speaks volumes that our coaches didn't want anything to do with him.

 

28 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Speaks volumes that PHI drafted a WR instead of a QB this year.  I don't know what they see in Hurts but I see a poor man's Taysom Hill and I'm not even sure a rich man's Taysom Hill is a starting QB.  

I think you guys are selling Hurts short. I am not saying I would want to build around him but he is a decent enough passer to compliment what he can do with his legs. He is more of a poor man's lamar Jackson and already has more 300 yard passing games in 4/5 career starts than Lamar Jackson has in 3 years of regular season football. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nycdan said:

There is a real chance Mullens is the best QB on their roster - even without injuries.

Agreed.   I understand why he would go there.  He has a chance to start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

 

I think you guys are selling Hurts short. I am not saying I would want to build around him but he is a decent enough passer to compliment what he can do with his legs. He is more of a poor man's lamar Jackson and already has more 300 yard passing games in 4/5 career starts than Lamar Jackson has in 3 years of regular season football. 

It's the numbers that make me very skittish.

He really only had one good game.  338 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs.  But in that game he completed 55% of his passes and got sacked 6 times.  In the other 300+ yard game, he threw for 1 TD and 2 INTs and completed 54% while getting sacked 3 times.  I'm just not convinced he is a good passer.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's the numbers that make me very skittish.

He really only had one good game.  338 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs.  But in that game he completed 55% of his passes and got sacked 6 times.  In the other 300+ yard game, he threw for 1 TD and 2 INTs and completed 54% while getting sacked 3 times.  I'm just not convinced he is a good passer.  

I wouldn't argue that he is a good passer. But Lamar Jackson has shown that you can literally be a bad passer and succeed in the NFL if you can make enough plays with your legs. In Hurts 4 starts last year he averaged 68 yards rushing which put him on pace for a 1,000 yard rushing season. Again, not a ringing endorsement of his throwing ability, but makes him dynamic enough to win games like Lamar Jackson. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I wouldn't argue that he is a good passer. But Lamar Jackson has shown that you can literally be a bad passer and succeed in the NFL if you can make enough plays with your legs. In Hurts 4 starts last year he averaged 68 yards rushing which put him on pace for a 1,000 yard rushing season. Again, not a ringing endorsement of his throwing ability, but makes him dynamic enough to win games like Lamar Jackson. 

It can certainly be exciting to watch...

...on someone else's football team :D

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is the jets attitude they had better bloody well be fully  prepared to go with white or morgan if something happened to Wilson.

If, god forbid wilson got hurt I do not want to see any panic signing of vet jag and starting the guy a week later.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If this is the jets attitude they had better bloody well be fully  prepared to go with white or morgan if something happened to Wilson.

If, god forbid wilson got hurt I do not want to see any panic signing of vet jag and starting the guy a week later.

@Captain Morgan  is this you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nick Foles is the only remaining option for JD when the Bears cut him or JD trades for him. 

Trading for Foles is as dumb as drafting James Morgan during the

year of Covid.

Why not drive the way back machine and pick up the Honorable

Joshua Treadwell McCown

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Trading for Foles is as dumb as drafting James Morgan during the

year of Covid.

Why not drive the way back machine and pick up the Honorable

Joshua Treadwell McCown

James Morgan and Mike White have never seen any NFL action. 

Do you want a repeat of Luke Falk. 

I certainly don't. 

A veteran backup QB is a good idea this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

New York Jets, Nick Foles have ‘clear connection’ (Report)

By
 Danny Small
 - 
 06/11/2021
new york jets nick foles Mandatory Credit: Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Jets could use an experienced backup and there is some smoke surrounding Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles.

It’s not often that teams are looking at former Super Bowl MVPs as a potential backup option, but that’s exactly where we are with Nick Foles and the New York Jets. ESPN reporter Jeremy Fowler sees a “clear connection” between the two sides:

“Paying a third-string quarterback $4 million in guarantees is tough for the cash-strapped Bears, and there’s a clear connection to the New York Jets,” Fowler wrote.

“GM Joe Douglas was with Foles in Philly. The Jets have zero NFL experience in their quarterback room. It’s uncertain whether Foles actually wants to go to New York, but don’t be surprised if New York looks into this one.”

The Chicago Bears are moving forward with Justin Fields. The Nick Foles experiment is over in Chicago, but he could be a nice fit with the Jets.

Of course, Zach Wilson is going to be the Week 1 starter no matter who his backup is, but it would be beneficial for him to have a proven veteran showing him the ropes.

It’s also worth noting that having a trusted backup quarterback is monumental in today’s NFL. Injuries are a part of life and the Jets have struggled with their backups in recent years.

Foles probably won’t ever recapture the magic from that Super Bowl run in Philadelphia, but he can definitely be a serviceable backup in East Rutherford. Let’s wait and see how general manager Joe Douglas attacks his backup quarterback situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...