Eagles sign Nick Mullens

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Eagles may have the worst group of QB's in the NFL. Speaks volumes that our coaches didn't want anything to do with him.

Speaks volumes that PHI drafted a WR instead of a QB this year.  I don't know what they see in Hurts but I see a poor man's Taysom Hill and I'm not even sure a rich man's Taysom Hill is a starting QB.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, section314 said:

Eagles may have the worst group of QB's in the NFL. Speaks volumes that our coaches didn't want anything to do with him.

28 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Speaks volumes that PHI drafted a WR instead of a QB this year.  I don't know what they see in Hurts but I see a poor man's Taysom Hill and I'm not even sure a rich man's Taysom Hill is a starting QB.  

I think you guys are selling Hurts short. I am not saying I would want to build around him but he is a decent enough passer to compliment what he can do with his legs. He is more of a poor man's lamar Jackson and already has more 300 yard passing games in 4/5 career starts than Lamar Jackson has in 3 years of regular season football. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think you guys are selling Hurts short. I am not saying I would want to build around him but he is a decent enough passer to compliment what he can do with his legs. He is more of a poor man's lamar Jackson and already has more 300 yard passing games in 4/5 career starts than Lamar Jackson has in 3 years of regular season football. 

It's the numbers that make me very skittish.

He really only had one good game.  338 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs.  But in that game he completed 55% of his passes and got sacked 6 times.  In the other 300+ yard game, he threw for 1 TD and 2 INTs and completed 54% while getting sacked 3 times.  I'm just not convinced he is a good passer.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's the numbers that make me very skittish.

He really only had one good game.  338 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs.  But in that game he completed 55% of his passes and got sacked 6 times.  In the other 300+ yard game, he threw for 1 TD and 2 INTs and completed 54% while getting sacked 3 times.  I'm just not convinced he is a good passer.  

I wouldn't argue that he is a good passer. But Lamar Jackson has shown that you can literally be a bad passer and succeed in the NFL if you can make enough plays with your legs. In Hurts 4 starts last year he averaged 68 yards rushing which put him on pace for a 1,000 yard rushing season. Again, not a ringing endorsement of his throwing ability, but makes him dynamic enough to win games like Lamar Jackson. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I wouldn't argue that he is a good passer. But Lamar Jackson has shown that you can literally be a bad passer and succeed in the NFL if you can make enough plays with your legs. In Hurts 4 starts last year he averaged 68 yards rushing which put him on pace for a 1,000 yard rushing season. Again, not a ringing endorsement of his throwing ability, but makes him dynamic enough to win games like Lamar Jackson. 

It can certainly be exciting to watch...

...on someone else's football team :D

• Upvote 1

If this is the jets attitude they had better bloody well be fully  prepared to go with white or morgan if something happened to Wilson.

If, god forbid wilson got hurt I do not want to see any panic signing of vet jag and starting the guy a week later.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nick Foles is the only remaining option for JD when the Bears cut him or JD trades for him. 

Trading for Foles is as dumb as drafting James Morgan during the

year of Covid.

Why not drive the way back machine and pick up the Honorable

Joshua Treadwell McCown

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Trading for Foles is as dumb as drafting James Morgan during the

year of Covid.

Why not drive the way back machine and pick up the Honorable

Joshua Treadwell McCown

James Morgan and Mike White have never seen any NFL action. 

Do you want a repeat of Luke Falk. 

I certainly don't. 

A veteran backup QB is a good idea this season. 

New York Jets, Nick Foles have ‘clear connection’ (Report)

By
 Danny Small
 - 
 06/11/2021
new york jets nick foles Mandatory Credit: Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Jets could use an experienced backup and there is some smoke surrounding Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles.

It’s not often that teams are looking at former Super Bowl MVPs as a potential backup option, but that’s exactly where we are with Nick Foles and the New York Jets. ESPN reporter Jeremy Fowler sees a “clear connection” between the two sides:

“Paying a third-string quarterback $4 million in guarantees is tough for the cash-strapped Bears, and there’s a clear connection to the New York Jets,” Fowler wrote.

“GM Joe Douglas was with Foles in Philly. The Jets have zero NFL experience in their quarterback room. It’s uncertain whether Foles actually wants to go to New York, but don’t be surprised if New York looks into this one.”

The Chicago Bears are moving forward with Justin Fields. The Nick Foles experiment is over in Chicago, but he could be a nice fit with the Jets.

Of course, Zach Wilson is going to be the Week 1 starter no matter who his backup is, but it would be beneficial for him to have a proven veteran showing him the ropes.

It’s also worth noting that having a trusted backup quarterback is monumental in today’s NFL. Injuries are a part of life and the Jets have struggled with their backups in recent years.

Foles probably won’t ever recapture the magic from that Super Bowl run in Philadelphia, but he can definitely be a serviceable backup in East Rutherford. Let’s wait and see how general manager Joe Douglas attacks his backup quarterback situation.