Where do you rank the AFCE QBs?

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

We all felt similarly about Darnold before he took a snap....

Right but its more an interpretation of value that he was talking about.  Cam is toast, so he wouldn't be taken ahead of Wilson.  So then it just comes down to who you think carries more value at the moment; Tua entering year 2 or Wilson as a rookie.  

In terms of QB value, I'd go with:

1. Allen
  2. Wilson
  3. Tua
  4. Trubisky
  5. Cam Newton

In terms of ranking which QB is best 1-5 right now, my list would be:

1. Allen
  2. Trubisky
  3. Tua
  4. Cam
  5. Wilson

But obviously Wilson can climb into the # 2 slot of this list with merely a few nice games in the first half of the season.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Yes, including backups. For example: an argument could be made that Mitch Trubisky, and Jacoby Brissett are currently better than any QB on the Patriots* roster.

It could also easily be argued that the Bills currently have the top 2 QB's in the division.  

@jgb

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It could also easily be argued that the Bills currently have the top 2 QB's in the division.  

@jgb

After my experience with Tannehill — being a voice in the wilderness only to be told later that it wasn’t really that bold of a call — I am getting as many people as possible to mock my view on Trubisky in writing this time around.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@jgb

In fact, if you look at 2020 stats alone, Trubisky had a much better season than any other QB in the AFCE, save for Allen.

But, Wilson's potential notwithstanding, were I a Jets fan, it would concern me that the Jets do not currently have a QB who has taken a single regular season snap.

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

In fact, if you look at 2020 stats alone, Trubisky had a much better season than any other QB in the AFCE, save for Allen.

But, Wilson's potential notwithstanding, were I a Jets fan, it would concern me that the Jets do not currently have a QB who has taken a single regular season snap.

Oh cool this unfounded and meaningless concern brought up yet again.

Over It Ugh GIF by NBPA

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pointman said:

1. Zach Wilson

2. Josh Allen.

3. Tua (should be last since he probably still doesn't know the playbook).

4. Dough Boy.

5. Fitzpatrick. I assume he is still playing and possibly in the AFCE. 

Fits is a Washington football clubber -nfc east. 

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

This. Not to mention Zac is going against 3 fantastic defenses.

36 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Yeah, sure. What's experience got to do with anything?

With developing a young QB?  Very little.  Snaps/reps mean a lot more.  Snaps/reps which at least a few of would be taken from him in camp if the Jets had added a veteran QB already.  

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With developing a young QB?  Very little.  Snaps/reps mean a lot more.  Snaps/reps which at least a few of would be taken from him in camp if the Jets had added a veteran QB already.  

Oh really? Name another NFL team that doesn't have a QB with a single snap. In fact, name an NFL team in your lifetime that has started a season without a QB with a single regular season snap.

I'll bet you can't. 

40 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Oh really? Name another NFL team that doesn't have a QB with a single snap. In fact, name an NFL team in your lifetime that has started a season without a QB with a single regular season snap.

I'll bet you can't. 

I don't care, so we'll say you're correct....Why does it matter?  Either Wilson can play the position or he can't.  He doesn't need some shlub like Matt Barkley to hold his hand for him to have success as a rookie and beyond.

And in any case it seems pretty clear that Douglas is going to give the 3 young QB's as many reps/snaps as possible in the summer, and hinted that afterwards he may well sign a veteran backup closer to the start of the season, thus rendering this all a very silly, moot point.  

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

Josh Allen - #1

Cam Newton #2

Tua Tagovailoa #3

Zack Wilson - Not Rated - Hasn't Taken a Snap Yet

This seems fair for June 14th.

Ratings:

Allen - 1

Tua - 2 by default

Wilson - 3 only because hasn't played in any game action yet

Newton - Flaming Pile of Crap

8 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'll bet you can't. 

Well off the top of my head I remember Aikman going at it with Walsh, another rookie as his backup.

How'd that work out?

1) Josh Allen - I expect a regression in his play but he’s still number 1 in the division by a good margin

2-4) it’s all about potential

2) Zach Wilson

3) Mac Jones - I like him and expect him to be a good starting QB

4) Tua - I think he has the lowest upside of the young QBs

I left Cam Newton off because he doesn’t factor in long-term and I don’t know what to make of him short-term.

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

1-15 

On a team totally made up of rookies and never will be's.

2 years later, 11-5.

3 years later, 13-3, Super Bowl Champions and the start go a dynasty

So how did it hurt his development? 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I was wondering why we haven’t seen new Buffalo Jets fans recently. Looks like we have a few. Welcome fellas. Good luck to the Bills...I mean Jets...I mean whatever team you are pretending to support.

Not sure what your angle here is. I'm a die-hard Bills fan, born and raised, and at this point in time, after the league's longest playoff drought, I can't imagine jumping ship now. 

But, I do wish the Jets a certain amount of luck in that I would love to see them handle the Patriots*. Whether you guys finish second, or third, it's fine by me. Just put the Pats* in fourth!

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Not sure what your angle here is. I'm a die-hard Bills fan, born and raised, and at this point in time, after the league's longest playoff drought, I can't imagine jumping ship now. 

But, I do wish the Jets a certain amount of luck in that I would love to see them handle the Patriots*. Whether you guys finish second, or third, it's fine by me. Just put the Pats* in fourth!

Looks like I misread a few posts. I thought a couple of you were pretending to be Jets fans. We get a lot of Bills fans who come here and say they’re Jets fans while pumping up the Bills and taking a dump on the Jets. Disregard my comment.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I honestly think Tua might be better than Cam Newton at this very moment.  Cam is THAT bad.  

He's certainly behind Mitchell Trubisky.  

Certainly not a "be all, end all" of a QBs performance, but just the stat lines from 2020 would suggest you are right:

Cam:    65.8 comp%, 8 TDs, 10 Ints, 82.9 QBR

Tua:     64.1 comp%, 11 TDs, 5 Ints, 87.1 QBR

Mitch:  67.0 comp%, 16 TDs, 8 Ints, 93.5 QBR 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I honestly think Tua might be better than Cam Newton at this very moment.  Cam is THAT bad.  

He's certainly behind Mitchell Trubisky.  

Was so glad to unload Cam in my dynasty league this year. Of course, I also traded for Gurley so I suck.

• Haha 2