Where do you rank the AFCE QBs?

On 6/15/2021 at 2:53 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA.  Thats funny.  Mitch would throw 3 picks against a Saleh D.

We don’t have to speculate. Mitch has faced a Robert Saleh defense twice in his career.

first game: 12/15 (80%), 117 rating

second game: 25/29 (86%), 113 rating

A pair of TDs and zero picks.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Newton looks washed. When he was dominant he was so reliable on his exceptional athleticism and injuries have taken their toll on that. Barring a miraculous recovery he's a year or two away from retirement. He was never that accurate even at his peak. I suspect Jones will be the starter by week 13. 

I don't think Tua can play in this league. He just looks utterly incapable of pushing the ball downfield. Very reminiscent of watching Matt Leinart or Brady Quinn - It was just instantly apparent that they didn't have what it takes and couldn't hack it. I think Tua's in the same boat. They'll draft a QB in 2022. 

I'd be disappointed if Wilson isn't the clear 2nd behind Allen by the season's end. 

• Upvote 3

No idea what Tua will become but it's comedy gold how quickly we are to throw him into the wood chipper after 10 games as a pro after recovering from a devastating injury while still believing we need more evidence before calling Darnold a bust.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

No idea what Tua will become but it's comedy gold how quickly we are to throw him into the wood chipper after 10 games as a pro after recovering from a devastating injury while still believing we need more evidence before calling Darnold a bust.

Among the thralls, the Darnold lust is strong, my friend.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Among the thralls, the Darnold lust is strong, my friend.

Prediction: There will be no less than 6 victory lap threads between the pro-Darnold and anti-Darnold games during the 2021 season based solely on his prior week's performance.

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure if money was on the line that a lot of these responses would be different. 

Basically I have Allen, then Cam.  Then a bunch of no idea. However, I will say this:  Rookies that are primarily passers (and not runners) are almost always inept for a good portion of their first year..  Even Peyton Manning (who was easily the most advanced pro ready college QB i've ever seen) didn't look that great for the first year or so.

If I had to rank them before the start of the season...

Josh Allen

?

?

?

I have a good feeling about ZW in the long term as a strong candidate for #1 in the AFCE.  Maybe no worse then a hair short or two of being that Numero Uno.  

To me...it will all boil down to which team drafts and coaches well.  If Jets are very good at it...ZW can dominate the division.

JMO.

• 2 months later...

Ranking AFC East starters

1 - Josh Allen

2 - Zach Wilson

3 - Mac Jones

4 - Tua Tagovailoa

Ranking AFC East backups 

1 - Mitchell Trubisky 

2 - Jacoby Brissett

3 - Brian Hoyer

4 - Mike White

Ranking all starters and backups

1 - Josh Allen

2 - Mitchell Trubisky

3 - Zach Wilson

4 - Mac Jones

5 - Tua Tagovailoa 

6 - Jacoby Brissett

7 - Brian Hoyer

8 - Mike White

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I know I'm biased but I really believe if you polled every NFL GM and asked him if he could choose any QB other than Mahomes to start a team with today, at least 28 or 29 of them would choose Allen.

If he can go even further this year he'll likely be in that superstar status

Aaron Rodgers getting long in tooth but could  have 7 years of good football left in him. Allen is certainly up there, for now. 

1 hour ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I know I'm biased but I really believe if you polled every NFL GM and asked him if he could choose any QB other than Mahomes to start a team with today, at least 28 or 29 of them would choose Allen.

If he can go even further this year he'll likely be in that superstar status

I feel sad when I read your posts but I don’t remember why. 

I liked Allen, but not over Sam. At this point he’s far and away #1 in our division.

This past year, I had a hard time selling myself on Zach Wilson - and loved the idea of trading back to take Mac Jones. That said, I have them about equal after preseason and maybe give Jones an advantage based on team around him, but Zach has impressed and it’ll be fun watching him outpace Jones over the years.

Zero confidence in Tua because his HC and owner have no confidence in him.