**Jets Minicamp 6/15**

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  I am not too worried about where guys are on the depth chart in June.  And if Mims has been outplayed by the other three guys over the past few weeks, fine.  Let him practice wtih the 2s until he earns a spot with the 1s.

Way too early to draw any conclusions about the depth chart.

Exactly. If Mims and Herndon were with the 1s, that wouldn't even guarantee that they would start the year as starters. This is a new coaching staff and everyone will have time to prove themselves. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree.  Moore will start on the outside. Crowder is too talented to be a backup slot receiver.  He is starting.

Crowder is on a 1 year reduced deal.  He is not in the Jets long term plans.  He is also not that talented. He's an average slot receiver. I don't think he starts unless the Jets have NO other options.  If the plans for Crowder were any different, the renegotiated contract, which only reduced Crowder's salary significantly but stayed at one year, would have been for a longer term and more money.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

It's a good town for sports (try a Nashville Sound game sometime) and a better town for music and fun. I could live in Nashville.

I'm gonna hit you up some day for finding me vintage Gibson acoustics some grannies have in her attics and want to get rid of for $100.  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Disagree. First it's June 15.  Second, Moore is a slot receiver. Third, it's too early to give up on Mims.  I would guess it will be Davis and Mims/Cole as the x and z with Moore in the slot. Crowder is now the back up slot receiver.  

Give Mims some time to play. He missed all of training camp last season and then was in the black hole of a GAs offense with Darnold as QB.  

I think its more likely that Moore lines up outside with Crowder in the slot/

18 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Crowder is on a 1 year reduced deal.  He is not in the Jets long term plans.  He is also not that talented. He's an average slot receiver. I don't think he starts unless the Jets have NO other options.  If the plans for Crowder were any different, the renegotiated contract, which only reduced Crowder's salary significantly but stayed at one year, would have been for a longer term and more money.  

If Crowder were an average slot receiver in the Jets minds and wasnt even going to start in the slot, he wouldnt have had his contract cut, he would have been traded or cut

• Upvote 3