With Crowder’s Contract Done, Saleh Says Team Excited to Have him on Board

Jamison Crowder

The Jets and Jamison Crowder avoided letting their contract squabble get ugly and the receiver has his new deal at a reduced rate that will allow him to become a free agent next season.

The #Jets and WR Jamison Crowder have finalized a renegotiated contract with plans to keep him on the team for the 2021 season, source said. Crowder will be a free agent next offseason at age 28 to get another payday before age 30.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 14, 2021

There’s no saying exactly how often or in what way the Jets will deploy Crowder in their new offense that’s likely to be part Green Bay and part San Francisco but we do know that he is now part of what has become a very deep wide group of wide receivers with limitless potential and plenty of elite speed.

Either way, head coach Robert Saleh was asked about Crowder today on the first day of mandatory offseason sessions and said that while he doesn’t get in to the contract side of things, he believes Crowder is “a pro” who has been a productive player and he’s happy to have him in the fold.

When the Jets kick off the season, Crowder and Corey Davis will be the only two proven NFL receivers on the roster.

The post With Crowder’s Contract Done, Saleh Says Team Excited to Have him on Board appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/Y81SG0Cjcb8

Click here to read the full story...

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

During the course of negotiations, how many times do you think Crowder - either directly or through his agent - said something to the effect of, "How the f*** is it my fault that Darnold and Gase and the protection sucked? That space cadet only threw 8 more touchdowns than I did, and I only threw one pass."

Some of your best stuff. See, shorter can be effective too.?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

During the course of negotiations, how many times do you think Crowder - either directly or through his agent - said something to the effect of, "How the f*** is it my fault that Darnold and Gase and the protection sucked? That space cadet only threw 8 more touchdowns than I did, and I only threw one pass."

FQBs make players around them better. Darnold makes the next contracts of players around him more team-friendly.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Imagine if Jets did what some advocated and traded down from #2 to “build around Darnold.” Crowder would’ve asked for a raise.

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2021 at 3:28 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Sometimes less is more, Sperm!  @TeddEY gave @GREENBEAN some great advice in the Cyclone thread on how to make his content shorter.  Maybe EY can help you with your posts, too!

I would be heartbroken if Sperm ever tried to trim his content. I've become very comfortable with my process of getting some coffee and a blanket to sit down and read @Sperm Edwards posts ! 

How dare you sir!  hahahaha 

It is great advice over there from those guys though.  Thanks for noticing their words as well.  @TeddEY @greenwichjetfan

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I hope that Crowder has a monster season. The type of season that would make us regret not extending him for a year or two. These are the types of first world problems I want on the Jets. 

Have a great year, our young players produce, Crowder gets a nice contract somewhere else, and we get a comp pick.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Have a great year, our young players produce, Crowder gets a nice contract somewhere else, and we get a comp pick.

Jets again will have a ton of cap space next season.  Doubt we see any comp picks for another year at least.  

I really like what happened here because it either means that players like our staff so much now they are willing to play here for less or that we found a way to pay someone under the table to make our roster numbers cheaper. Either way this points us in the right direction to building a good team.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app