What is funnier in this Panthers 1st day of mini camp article?

51 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Kind of tells you want the rest of the league thinks of Gase and the Jets. People outside the Jets genuinely believe Gase and the Jets held back Darnold. I believed it as well. This year will prove one of those two groups right. 

or the 3rd group...they held each other back which is like saying you have two guys who have no legs trying to run a marathon and they're holding each other back. Both sucked and somehow made each other even worse. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, freestater said:

The Jets have had a history of systematically destroying QBs. Add Sam to the list. He made have had potential at some point, but I think the sun has set on that. Here's hoping we buck that trend with Dimples. Best of luck, kid. 

Yeah..........it was our fault. He didnt already suck

excuse #4

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, AlexVanDyke said:

What’s even funnier or more pathetic actually is out media wil not cover this.  They will not point out that dam was atrocious in his first camp with us and that Zach looks 10x better.  This hard hitting MY media that takes pride in calling it like it is will conveniently not point this out.  Now if it was the other way. We’d be hearing about it as nauseum.

What do you expect the NY media to write about? Were they writing about Anderson after he left? Did they write about Fitz after he left?, Did they write about Wilkerson after he left?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Darnold sucks. 

The guy never played a solid game in 3 years.   He had a handful of good halves.  That's it.

The "he never had a chance crowd" were watching a different player than me. 

Flashes, baby. Flashes.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What do you expect the NY media to write about? Were they writing about Anderson after he left? Did they write about Fitz after he left?, Did they write about Wilkerson after he left?

Yes they did write about Anderson actually.  When he was doing well, cimini posted his stats regularly 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, but I meant the media as a whole, not a solitary reporter who has a jones for slamming the Jets

Fair point.  I tend to lump all thebjwts media by the shortcoming of a few mainly Camino abs obviously Manish for several years.

22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/panthers-minicamp-observations-sam-darnold-222408462.html

1- That Sam Darnold is still throwing picks, over throwing wide open guys and looking generally terrible

or

2- Matt Rhule trying to convince himself that Darnold being absolutely awful is actually a good thing

They are both downright hysterical I cant choose.

This really sounds pretty pathetic? You're trying to dump on the guy? Let me ask you.... What's he ever done to you? I wish him the very best and I think you should do the same.....

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, pointman said:

Rhule has this arrogance about him. It will be a pleasure to watch him crash and burn and go back to college football. Hitching your wagon to Sam Darnold, lol. What a goof. 

He didnt extend him. Hard to say theyre hitching their wagons to him.

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, docdhc said:

It is kind of amazing. Zach does well and we say don’t get excited they’re just in shorts. Sam sucks and it’s don’t worry it’s early, we just want to see progression. I think Carolina will see that rooting for Sam requires being a little delusional!

Say what you will about Sam - but my goodness does the media love him 

• Upvote 1

I just visited a Panthers message board and I don't really get the impression that Matt Rhule is that good of a coach. Along with that, the defense is dominating (sound familiar?). I think they'll be a bottom 5 team this year.

• Upvote 2

On 6/15/2021 at 11:03 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Coach Saleh and this defense are going to pound Darnold inrto the dirt and he will be a turnover machine like he always is.

Place ur bet and thank me later.

Speaking of Saleh D….. Any word on QW? Should be ready for TC correct?

8 hours ago, Drums said:

I just visited a Panthers message board and I don't really get the impression that Matt Rhule is that good of a coach. Along with that, the defense is dominating (sound familiar?). I think they'll be a bottom 5 team this year.

Not to mention swapping out a competent if uninspiring QB for the worst in the league over the last 3 years.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Not to mention swapping out a competent if uninspiring QB for the worst in the league over the last 3 years.

Yeah he has made questionable moves this offseason and seems to be doubling down. Apparently instead of easing the QBs into the playbook, they are giving them a lot to digest at once and we know Darnold isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. 

On 6/16/2021 at 10:23 AM, RoadFan said:

Darnold sucks. 

The guy never played a solid game in 3 years.   He had a handful of good halves.  That's it.

The "he never had a chance crowd" were watching a different player than me. 

How many decent halves did the Jets as a whole have during that time period?

I'm guessing not many.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wide receiver Robby Anderson: "I saw, like, a new energy out of [Sam], a glowing charisma that I didn't really see in New York. You know when a person, you can see a glow in them, their energy, an aura -- I can see that when I walked into the building and just being around him."

lol.

Robbie's being Robby. Apparently Sam is being Sam - either that or the Panthers have the best defense on the planet which I kind of doubt. 

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Robbie's being Robby. Apparently Sam is being Sam - either that or the Panthers have the best defense on the planet which I kind of doubt. 

Sam Darnold could be facing Appalachian State and still making a lot of the same dumb decisions and bad throws.  

On 6/16/2021 at 12:16 AM, jetspenguin said:

The lying begins here...

“I don’t want (Darnold) to have great days, to be honest with you, right now,” Rhule said. emoji1781.pngemoji1781.pngemoji1781.pngemoji1781.pngemoji1781.pngemoji1781.png

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

Rhule: sign me as backup. I will give you some really terrible days. 

To be honest, I am OK with everything that has happened because in the end we have JD and Saleh and some building blocks for sustained success. Why anyone watching Darnold, especially this last year would think he will still develop is beyond me. Billick said that a player "is what he is" after 36 games

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wide receiver Robby Anderson: "I saw, like, a new energy out of [Sam], a glowing charisma that I didn't really see in New York. You know when a person, you can see a glow in them, their energy, an aura -- I can see that when I walked into the building and just being around him."

lol.

Sounds like Robby is seeing ghosts. Sam must have taken them to Carolina. 

• Haha 1