What is funnier in this Panthers 1st day of mini camp article?

3 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

LOL

Sez who?

Certainly not football fans.  Remember a few years back when another 1st round NY QB who was mentioned frequently as a "bust" early in his career went to the SuperBowl?  What was the appellation applied to his opponent?  Oh yeah, they were the "19-0 Patriots".  Not the "16-0 then 3-0 afterwards Patriots".  The "19-0 Patriots".  Who then became the "19-1 Patriots".

You will be paid when one of two conditions are met:

A.  Darnold is no longer mathematically capable of starting eight victories, (he's already started four),

B. The Panthers are no longer mathematically  capable of achieving 10 wins in the 2021 season.

Not before.

Dude. You accepted a 10 win over/under without any caveats. There's a ******* screenshot above. A total wins over/under bet on NFL is regular season, man. It just is. Oh, but you're the victim here. Right.

Weaseling out of a charity bet. Think about what you're doing here. Really think about it. Don't be the lowest of the low. I gotta block you now out of principle, man. It's just so low. I left PMs unblocked if you have a change of heart. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

Dude. You accepted a 10 win over/under without any caveats. There's a ******* screenshot above. A total wins over/under bet on NFL is regular season, man. It just is. Oh, but you're the victim here. Right.

Weaseling out of a charity bet. Think about what you're doing here. Really think about it. Don't be the lowest of the low. I gotta block you now out of principal, man. It's just so low. I left PMs unblocked if you have a change of heart. 

You are entirely correct, although you are going to win the bet a few days from now, regardless. Panthers should be eliminated by Sunday night. Next week at the very latest. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

You are entirely correct, although you are going to win the bet a few days from now, regardless. Panthers should be eliminated by Sunday night. Next week at the very latest. 

He still won’t pay. Darnold bros have more excuses than a pregnant nun.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

DarnoldBros really are the worst.  

It actually affects them on an ethical level. Can you imagine sacrificing your morals for Sam ******* Darnold? Sad.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Says literally everyone?

Yes, the 19-0 Pats were a thing, because that was a unicorn season and a record.

But, every football fan ever, when predicting a record, predicts regular season record.

Look, anyway, this is super silly.  Darnold sucks, always has, always will.  But, I covered your bet.  So, you're off the hook.  Merry Christmas.

cc: @jgb

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 4.42.24 PM.png

At least someone in need gained from Sam Darnold's suckage. 

Bless you, EY.  Bless you. 

You suck, @kelticwizard.  Merry Christmas.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Now this...this might actually be the lamest sh*t I have ever seen here. Just pay up dude holy hell.

He won’t. Would rather debate what a bet means than pony up for a charity. Wow. Faith in humanity shaken.

13 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

This has a:

image.thumb.png.aec9e01fcd6d28f9787a7176e62c821b.png

Feel to it

I give a ton to the ARC every year which is why I named them as my charity in the bet. Not surprised keltic dodged -- par for course. Also not surprised JN dug deep to rectify a bad apple in our midst. ARC will not be short-changed on my watch. No, sir. Not ever but especially not in a time of pandemic.

PS: I wish Larry David was GM. Lamar Jackson would be our QB.

4 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Says literally everyone?

Yes, the 19-0 Pats were a thing, because that was a unicorn season and a record.

But, every football fan ever, when predicting a record, predicts regular season record.

Look, anyway, this is super silly.  Darnold sucks, always has, always will.  But, I covered your bet.  So, you're off the hook.  Merry Christmas.

cc: @jgb

Next he will argue I didn't adequately define a time frame so if the Panthers win more than 10 total games between now and Revelations, he wins.

Darnold defense turns people into really terrible lawyers.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jgb said:

Dude. You accepted a 10 win over/under without any caveats. /]

Damn right.  No caveats at all.

13 hours ago, jgb said:

A total wins over/under bet on NFL is regular season, man. It just is./] 

According to who-some private betting outfit you bet with before?  They and their caveats or loopholes have nothing to do with our bet.  It's a Gentlemen's Bet for charity, and we make the rules, not them.  The bet was that Darnold starts at least 8 victories in a 10 victory season for the Panthers, and when that becomes mathematically impossible to accomplish, the Red Cross and St. Jude get their donation within 24 hours.  And not before.

Under the cockamamie "rules" made by some outside company you adopted, Darnold can come off the bench starting this weekend, end up starting 12 victories for the Panthers this season and I'm supposed to still pay YOUR charities because he didn't lead the Panthers to 10 victories this year..  And you're the one complaining about caveats and loopholes.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Next he will argue I didn't adequately define a time frame so if the Panthers win more than 10 total games between now and Revelations, he wins.

The time frame was this year, as was stated in our agreement.  And I'm sticking to it.  Why aren't you?

17 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Damn right.  No caveats at all.

According to who-some private betting outfit you bet with before?  They and their caveats or loopholes have nothing to do with our bet.  It's a Gentlemen's Bet for charity, and we make the rules, not them.  The bet was that Darnold starts at least 8 victories in a 10 victory season for the Panthers, and when that becomes mathematically impossible to accomplish, the Red Cross and St. Jude get their donation within 24 hours.  And not before.

Under the cockamamie "rules" made by some outside company you adopted, Darnold can come off the bench starting this weekend, end up starting 12 victories for the Panthers this season and I'm supposed to still pay YOUR charities because he didn't lead the Panthers to 10 victories this year..  And you're the one complaining about caveats and loopholes.

15 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

The time frame was this year, as was stated in our agreement.  And I'm sticking to it.  Why aren't you?

12 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

So it's come to that now?  St. Jude gets the money within 24 hours after the Jets get eliminated from a chance at 10 victories this year.  Which is the bet I made.

06C1095E-2836-410A-82A5-E2825EEC5E48.jpeg

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@jgb @ZachEY 

Donation complete! 

@kelticwizard, consider this my Xmas card to you:

06C1095E-2836-410A-82A5-E2825EEC5E48.jpeg

Lol I see he's still obfuscating. I should return the favor and pull lawyer on him: "The timeframe is this year as was stated in the agreement."

So then games that are played in 2022 (January) don't count! :D 

I've written contracts for corporate mergers that took less time to negotiate than this bet.

Never bet a Darnold Bro unless you want to be compelled by your humanity and compassion to cover their dodging arse when they try to play word games to weasel out. Boy did I call this, or what.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Lol I see he's still obfuscating. I should return the favor and pull lawyer on him: "The timeframe is this year as was stated in the agreement."

I've written contracts for corporate mergers that took less time to negotiate than this bet.

Never bet a Darnold Bro unless you want to be compelled by your humanity and compassion to cover their dodging arse when they try to play word games to weasel out. Boy did I call this, or what.

Reading this I had the same thought.  What “year” are we talking about.  Football season?  Calendar?  Chinese Calendar?

Also, did you ever define “wins.”  Initially I thought it was winning football games.  But there are many ways to win in life.  If you think about it, Darnold is 17-0 this season when it comes to pay vs. performance.  He won at scamming his employer.  Additionally, I like to think that everybody’s a winner in sports if they had fun.  So, maybe he won all but the time he cried?

Jokes aside, the great undoing of this “playoff games count” nonsense is looking at it the opposite way.  If someone bet, “Darnold will not lose more that 4 games this season” and then went 13-4, but lost in the Super Bowl, would anyone say that was a loss?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Darnold defense turns people into really terrible lawyers.

Appearing on behalf of the respondent.

You didn't adequately define a time frame for paying off a season bet with a five-year old, so you assumed the risk of having to wait for santa.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Reading this I had the same thought.  What “year” are we talking about.  Football season?  Calendar?  Chinese Calendar?

Also, did you ever define “wins.”  Initially I thought it was winning football games.  But there are many ways to win in life.  If you think about it, Darnold is 17-0 this season when it comes to pay vs. performance.  He won at scamming his employer.  Additionally, I like to think that everybody’s a winner in sports if they had fun.  So, maybe he won all but the time he cried?

Jokes aside, the great undoing of this “playoff games count” nonsense is looking at it the opposite way.  If someone bet, “Darnold will not lose more that 4 games this season” and then went 13-4, but lost in the Super Bowl, would anyone say that was a loss?

Red Cross wins some generous donations from the good people of JN. Keltic loses his dignity.

The Universe does have a way of sorting itself out.

54 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Appearing on behalf of the respondent.

You didn't adequately define a time frame for paying off a season bet with a five-year old, so you assumed the risk of having to wait for santa.

He can't even accept that he lost even though it's mathematically impossible for the Panthers to meet or exceed the 10 wins needed to push or win. He's both taking "year" literally and figuratively as it's convenient. To him "year" (as a stand-in for "season") literally includes the playoffs -- which no O/U total wins bet before the season ever has -- but yet somehow "year" is also figurative in that games played in 2022, will count for him also. You can already seem him working up his backup excuse -- something about how many games Darnold has played -- which is why I specifically said this is a wins bet with no "conditions, loopholes, or qualifiers," to which he agreed. Do I know these guys, or what?

image.thumb.png.570259d702a86973ee693f104d467cf8.png

If he said "Yeah, yeah, you won. I'll pay when I get around to it," none of this would be happening. But I knew it was going to take some work to squeeze this bet out of him so I wanted to get started. Can there be any doubt that he wouldn't have ever said a word about this had I not kept the thread bumped? In fact, he tried to play victim because the other bettor reminded him about the bet. Yeah, that's how bets work.

You have to keep on these Darnold Bros like white on rice. They're always looking for loopholes, carve-outs, excuses, or hoping everyone just forgets. Nope.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bump.  Your reminder that keltic is trying to deny a charity of funds because he still thinks Darnold is good at football. 

One of the lowest things I’ve seen online for sure. Not surprised, though. Continuing to support Darnold at this point is a brain disease.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jgb said:

15 hours ago, ZachEY said:

14 hours ago, jgb said:

He can't even accept that he lost even though it's mathematically impossible for the Panthers to meet or exceed the 10 wins needed to push or win.

The question of what games count in what year is easily cleared up.  These are all NFL games, so I take as the year the period  the NFL defines as when the games count-in this case Thursday, September 9 2021 through Sunday, Feb 13, 2022.  It should be pointed out that the NFL's own website  refers to this period of time as "year" when listing statistics.  So that's settled.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

The question of what games count in what year is easily cleared up.  These are all NFL games, so I take as the year the period  the NFL defines as when the games count-in this case Thursday, September 9 2012 through Sunday, Feb 13, 2022.  It should be pointed out that the NFL's own website  refers to this period of time as "year" when listing statistics.  So that's settled.

FFS.  You suck.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, jgb said:

He can't even accept that he lost even though it's mathematically impossible for the Panthers to meet or exceed the 10 wins needed to push or win. He's both taking "year" literally and figuratively as it's convenient. To him "year" (as a stand-in for "season") literally includes the playoffs -- which no O/U total wins bet before the season ever has -- but yet somehow "year" is also figurative in that games played in 2022, will count for him also.

It's obviously mathematically possible for the Panthers to meet or exceed the 10 wins, since they have four upcoming games guaranteed plus up to four more which they have not been disqualified yet from playing.  With five games already won, the Panthers have time to spare to exceed 10 wins if they continue to win.  And Darnold can reach 8 victories started if he starts and wins every week.  

As of this posting, even the Most Valuable Player of the Super Bowl Trophy is not mathematically out of Darnold"s reach.

PS:  Word is he won't start against the Bills, but if he starts every game after that, he can still mathematically do it all.

• Thumb Down 2

14 hours ago, jgb said:

To him "year" (as a stand-in for "season") literally includes the playoffs -- which no O/U total wins bet before the season ever has -- but yet somehow "year" is also figurative in that games played in 2022, will count for him also.

You don't know that at all.  The only thing you know is that the betting companies you make your bets with run their bets that way and you go along.  Even accepting the idea that some betting company users who bet among themselves use those rules, you have no way of knowing if two people making a private bet-a Gentleman's Bet if you will-use those non-NFL rules.

I think the problem here is that like a lot of people who bet with betting companies, you confuse these private firms as being part of or tied into the NFL.  Of course, nothing could be further from the truth.  These companies only know how to bill your credit card, they have no connection or clout with the NFL at all.  So when there is a conflict between the NFL and the betting company as to which games count and which do not, unless the bet is between the betting company and a customer, or two private parties who have explicitly agreed to abide by the betting company's rules, the betting company's judgment counts for squat.

• Thumb Down 1