What is funnier in this Panthers 1st day of mini camp article?

3 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

You don't know that at all.  The only thing you know is that the betting companies you make your bets with run their bets that way and you go along.  Even accepting the idea that some betting company users who bet among themselves use those rules, you have no way of knowing if two people making a private bet-a Gentleman's Bet if you will-use those systems.

I think the problem here is that like a lot of people who bet with betting companies, you confuse these private firms as being part of or tied into the NFL.  Of course, nothing could be further from the truth.  These companies only know how to bill your credit card, they have no connection or clout with the NFL at all.  So when there is a conflict between the NFL and the betting company as to which games count and which do not, unless the bet is between the betting company and a customer, or two private parties who have explicitly agreed to abide by the betting company's rules, the betting company's judgment counts for squat.

Just STFU

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Damn right.  No caveats at all.

According to who-some private betting outfit you bet with before?  They and their caveats or loopholes have nothing to do with our bet.  It's a Gentlemen's Bet for charity, and we make the rules, not them.  The bet was that Darnold starts at least 8 victories in a 10 victory season for the Panthers, and when that becomes mathematically impossible to accomplish, the Red Cross and St. Jude get their donation within 24 hours.  And not before.

Under the cockamamie "rules" made by some outside company you adopted, Darnold can come off the bench starting this weekend, end up starting 12 victories for the Panthers this season and I'm supposed to still pay YOUR charities because he didn't lead the Panthers to 10 victories this year..  And you're the one complaining about caveats and loopholes.

No Way What GIF by Adele Morse - Stoned Fox Official

• Haha 2

Damn right.  No caveats at all.

According to who-some private betting outfit you bet with before?  They and their caveats or loopholes have nothing to do with our bet.  It's a Gentlemen's Bet for charity, and we make the rules, not them.  The bet was that Darnold starts at least 8 victories in a 10 victory season for the Panthers, and when that becomes mathematically impossible to accomplish, the Red Cross and St. Jude get their donation within 24 hours.  And not before.

Under the cockamamie "rules" made by some outside company you adopted, Darnold can come off the bench starting this weekend, end up starting 12 victories for the Panthers this season and I'm supposed to still pay YOUR charities because he didn't lead the Panthers to 10 victories this year..  And you're the one complaining about caveats and loopholes.

The time frame was this year, as was stated in our agreement.  And I'm sticking to it.  Why aren't you?

1 hour ago, kelticwizard said:

The question of what games count in what year is easily cleared up.  These are all NFL games, so I take as the year the period  the NFL defines as when the games count-in this case Thursday, September 9 2021 through Sunday, Feb 13, 2022.  It should be pointed out that the NFL's own website  refers to this period of time as "year" when listing statistics.  So that's settled.

1 hour ago, kelticwizard said:

It's obviously mathematically possible for the Panthers to meet or exceed the 10 wins, since they have four upcoming games guaranteed plus up to four more which they have not been disqualified yet from playing.  With five games already won, the Panthers have time to spare to exceed 10 wins if they continue to win.  And Darnold can reach 8 victories started if he starts and wins every week.  

As of this posting, even the Most Valuable Player of the Super Bowl Trophy is not mathematically out of Darnold"s reach.

PS:  Word is he won't start against the Bills, but if he starts every game after that, he can still mathematically do it all.

45 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

You don't know that at all.  The only thing you know is that the betting companies you make your bets with run their bets that way and you go along.  Even accepting the idea that some betting company users who bet among themselves use those rules, you have no way of knowing if two people making a private bet-a Gentleman's Bet if you will-use those non-NFL rules.

I think the problem here is that like a lot of people who bet with betting companies, you confuse these private firms as being part of or tied into the NFL.  Of course, nothing could be further from the truth.  These companies only know how to bill your credit card, they have no connection or clout with the NFL at all.  So when there is a conflict between the NFL and the betting company as to which games count and which do not, unless the bet is between the betting company and a customer, or two private parties who have explicitly agreed to abide by the betting company's rules, the betting company's judgment counts for squat.

Bro. Do you have Venmo? If you need, I'll shoot you the $25 so you can pay up. 

Sheesh.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sheesh.

Oh, I'll pay up all right.  Within 24 hours of the Jets reaching the point where the NFL says the Jets can't win 10 games this year.  Which is NOT the point we are right now.  Maybe by 4:30 EST this afternoon, we will be.  But not now.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

You know that feeling you get when you are watching someone completely bomb a public speech and you just feel the pain of their embarrassment in your gut? You just cringe and you want to look away . . . but you can’t? That’s me reading your posts in this thread. 

And you are an intelligent poster. I have read your posts before - but this is just sublime silliness

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sheesh.

1 hour ago, The Troll said:

I'm glad I clicked on this sh*t. What a twat lmao

Lol I had to unblock him to enjoy the full hilarity of this thread. 

You can see he's already trying to pre-work in some weird caveat (despite agreeing to 10 wins without "conditions, loopholes or qualifiers") about how many games Sam starts so he can still avoid paying even when his Johnny-come-lately "Playoffs count on a pre-season O/U wins bet!!!!" condition he weaseled in is not met.

And to think he said that I reneged on a bet because I wouldn't agree to bet on his terms with a million caveats and out-clauses for injuries. Yeah... lesson learned. Never bet a Darnoid.

image.png

ANNOUNCEMENT: keltic, as the winning party for this bet, I hereby release you from obligation. The American Red Cross has been taken care of by your generous fellow posters (and then some). Honestly, they're too good for your money anyway. It would cost them more to clean the stench off it than it is worth.

Congratulations, you weaseled out of sending $25 to charity.  Score for you!!

PS: Anyone with a Twitter presence I bet if you tweet this and tag Darnold, he himself would also make a donation. Even he would be ashamed by his so-called supporters.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Oh, I'll pay up all right.  Within 24 hours of the Jets reaching the point where the NFL says the Jets can't win 10 games this year.  Which is NOT the point we are right now.  Maybe by 4:30 EST this afternoon, we will be.  But not now.

GFY and STFU

• Upvote 1

(despite agreeing to 10 wins without "conditions, loopholes or qualifiers")

And that's what I'm sticking to, the Panthers win 10 games without conditions, loopholes or qualifiers.  And that means the Panthers show up for every game the league tells them to play in.  Now you turn around and start babbling about how the Panthers can show up for legit games, win them but they're not supposed to count. 

When the NFL tells the Panthers there will be no more games for them to play in this year, then we stop counting.  Not before.  And if the number of wins is less than 10 at that time, the Red Cross and St. Jude get their agreed upon donation within 24 hours.

38 minutes ago, jgb said:

ANNOUNCEMENT: keltic, as the winning party for this bet, I hereby release you from obligation.

Wrong on two counts: 

A.  As of this posting, you haven't won a damned thing yet, and

B. You can't stop me from donating the agreed upon amount even if you do.

• Thumb Down 2

26 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

And that's what I'm sticking to, the Panthers win 10 games without conditions, loopholes or qualifiers.  And that means the Panthers show up for every game the league tells them to play in.  Now you turn around and start babbling about how the Panthers can show up for legit games, win them but they're not supposed to count. 

When the NFL tells the Panthers there will be no more games for them to play in this year, then we stop counting.  Not before.  And if the number of wins is less than 10 at that time, the Red Cross and St. Jude get their agreed upon donation within 24 hours.

Wrong on two counts: 

A.  As of this posting, you haven't won a damned thing yet, and

B. You can't stop me from donating the agreed upon amount even if you do.

mister rogers middle finger GIF

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Bro, Darnold sucks. Pay up.

I let him off the hook. He's obviously dug in so deep that the only way to get him to pay and preserve his ego is through reverse psychology.

"Oh, yeah! You can't tell me what to do, you meanie Darnold HaTER! I'll show you!"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Troll said:

Hey, the Panthers lost. I'm starting to think their Super Bowl run is iffy.

But are they mathematically eliminated yet?  And how do we know COVID won’t hit and the Panthers will get sent to the playoffs in place of a sickly team?  

There’s just too many avenues for keltic to win this bet to have him pay up just yet.  Better give it until March just to be safe. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But are they mathematically eliminated yet?  And how do we know COVID won’t hit and the Panthers will get sent to the playoffs in place of a sickly team?  

There’s just too many avenues for keltic to win this bet to have him pay up just yet.  Better give it until March just to be safe. 

He'll argue the bet is null and avoid because Darnold got hurt/didn't start enough games.

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2021 at 11:42 PM, The Troll said:

Hey, the Panthers lost. I'm starting to think their Super Bowl run is iffy.

Not technically eliminated, yet. But I let him off the hook. You never know what's going on in someone's life. Anyone selling his reputation for $25 must really need the money.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Not technically eliminated, yet. But I let him off the hook. You never know what's going on in someone's life. Anyone selling his reputation for $25 must really need the money.

I don’t think it’s the money, it’s a pride deal with keltic.  He doesn’t want to admit he was wrong until the last possible minute he believes he has to, if ever.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t think it’s the money, it’s a pride deal with keltic.  He doesn’t want to admit he was wrong until the last possible minute he believes he has to, if ever.

They say don't bet more than you can afford to lose. Guess that means ego, too.

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2021 at 11:44 PM, slimjasi said:

You know that feeling you get when you are watching someone completely bomb a public speech and you just feel the pain of their embarrassment in your gut? You just cringe and you want to look away . . . but you can’t? That’s me reading your posts in this thread. 

And you are an intelligent poster. I have read your posts before - but this is just sublime silliness

Now take that feeling and add that you have the power to shut it down.  I *still* can't do it.  Some other mod may, and probably should, but I don't want to be the Grinch that stole this thread.

• Haha 1