What is funnier in this Panthers 1st day of mini camp article?

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wide receiver Robby Anderson: "I saw, like, a new energy out of [Sam], a glowing charisma that I didn't really see in New York. You know when a person, you can see a glow in them, their energy, an aura -- I can see that when I walked into the building and just being around him."

lol.

Sun God is still at it. 

I got an notification the other night that he was doing an Instagram live and my curiosity got the best of me... I'm still slamming my head against a wall trying to get words from RA mouth out of my head. My God, that man is dumb. Empty jar of mayo dumb. Not to be confused with a full jar of mayonnaise which is no less than 30 points higher on the IQ scale than RA. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Sun God is still at it. 

I got an notification the other night that he was doing an Instagram live and my curiosity got the best of me... I'm still slamming my head against a wall trying to get words from RA mouth out of my head. My God, that man is dumb. Empty jar of mayo dumb. Not to be confused with a full jar of mayonnaise which is no less than 30 points higher on the IQ scale than RA. 

I wish we could bet on which players will be broke 3 years after their playing days are done

• Haha 2

On 6/18/2021 at 9:19 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Wide receiver Robby Anderson: "I saw, like, a new energy out of [Sam], a glowing charisma that I didn't really see in New York. You know when a person, you can see a glow in them, their energy, an aura -- I can see that when I walked into the building and just being around him."

lol.

Maybe it’s because the Jets put him in one of the worst situations I’ve ever seen a young QB come into...No OL, WR’s who only very rarely could get separation, No Running Game, No HC.....but I almost always got a vibe that the guy would much much rather be hanging out with his buds on a California beach and as far away from the NYJ as possible, and I was a big fan at first.

Aside from the physical part of the game I don’t see him as a leader of men and I’ve seen enough to know he’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I’d agree with Anderson’s thinking right after he helps me write a paper for a PhD in English.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Sun God is still at it. 

gettyimages-1148484049-e1562585076876.jp

23 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Sun God is still at it. 

And yet he makes what he does... Athletic privilege.

9 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Maybe it’s because the Jets put him in one of the worst situations I’ve ever seen a young QB come into...No OL, WR’s who only very rarely could get separation, No Running Game, No HC.....but I almost always got a vibe that the guy would much much rather be hanging out with his buds on a California beach and as far away from the NYJ as possible, and I was a big fan at first.

Aside from the physical part of the game I don’t see him as a leader of men and I’ve seen enough to know he’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I’d agree with Anderson’s thinking right after he helps me write a paper for a PhD in English.

The vast majority of bad QBs in bad situations are simply bad QBs. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Robby Anderson might be a dumbskeet but he’s a baller. Letting him go was a mistake. It’s so hard for some of you to admit it. 

JD admitted it who cares what the peanut gallery says

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2021 at 10:35 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Im sure I deserved the ban but Adam Gase drove me to madness.  Heck if u didnt get banned under the Gase regime ur not a real fan.

LOL,  agreed. I went through a self imposed exile most of his regime.  

1 hour ago, jgb said:

“Struggling is actually good.”

-Matt Rhule filling his card during Darnold Excuse Bingo.

He is dead man walking and doesn’t even know it yet. Morbidly fascinating.

I like Rhule.  But why, why, whyyyyyy push all your chips to the center on Sam Darnold??  Trading for him was one thing.  I understand that someone out there was gonna do that.  But not giving him competition?  Handing him the $25M fifth year option when he didn't have to?

Whyyyyyyyy?.....

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I like Rhule.  But why, why, whyyyyyy push all your chips to the center on Sam Darnold??  Trading for him was one thing.  I understand that someone out there was gonna do that.  But not giving him competition?  Handing him the $25M fifth year option when he didn't have to?

Whyyyyyyyy?.....

Their evaluation on Jones and Fields must have been awful.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Their evaluation on Jones and Fields must have been awful.

What about their evaluation of the 2022 class?  By handing Darnold the 5th year option it seems to me like they ensured that they aren't drafting a QB in 2022, either.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What about their evaluation of the 2022 class?  By handing Darnold the 5th year option it seems to me like they ensured that they aren't drafting a QB in 2022, either.

It will be very interesting to see how Panthers explain either decision -- sticking with Sam for 2022 or benching a $25M-man -- absent a nearly-unprecedented turnaround.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Whyyyyyyyy?.....

I agree. I was not the biggest Fields or Jones fan, but to pass on one of them at 8 without losing any additional draft capital was a bizarre decision. Also, Joe Brady did not get much out of Bridgewater why is he all of a sudden going to have success with an arguably lesser QB

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I agree. I was not the biggest Fields or Jones fan, but to pass on one of them at 8 without losing any additional draft capital was a bizarre decision. Also, Joe Brady did not get much out of Bridgewater why is he all of a sudden going to have success with an arguably lesser QB

Fully agreed that the Panthers were nuts to pass on a QB at 8.  

However, Bridgewater had the best season of his career under Brady, so I don't agree on that front.  He set a career high for Yards per Attempt (7.6) while still completing 69 % of his throws. 

I don't think Brady will be able to help Darnold's terrible a$$, but he's still a solid OC.  It's a real shame he and Rhule are gonna be goners thanks to Darnold.  Sweet Sammy is really going to rack up quite the body count when all is said and done.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Arguably? The most boring QB in the NFL is infinitely better than Darnold who is unplayable. He wouldn’t even make a good backup. A gunslinger who can’t air it out who is as reckless with the ball as he is with his smooching partners without any of the upside.

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fully agreed that the Panthers were nuts to pass on a QB at 8.  

However, Bridgewater had the best season of his career under Brady, so I don't agree on that front.  He set a career high for Yards per Attempt (7.6) while still completing 69 % of his throws. 

I don't think Brady will be able to help Darnold's terrible a$$, but he's still a solid OC.  It's a real shame he and Rhule are gonna be goners thanks to Darnold.  Sweet Sammy is really going to rack up quite the body count when all is said and done.

But he’s a good kid!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Sam's out somewhere not studying his playbook or working on his foot work but instead working on mono 2.0. Why? Soft bodied dolt. 

Darnold is likable Geno Smith. Lacks the processor upstairs needed to play competent NFL QB football.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Sam's going to better this year than most of you think.

What's that look like though?  QB29 instead of QB34?

Having Christian McCaffrey as a security blanket is really nice, so that'll certainly help inflate his numbers a bit.  Then again, Darnold is even inaccurate on throws to RBs, so we'll see.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What's that look like though?  QB29 instead of QB34?

Having Christian McCaffrey as a security blanket is really nice, so that'll certainly help inflate his numbers a bit.  Then again, Darnold is even inaccurate on throws to RBs, so we'll see.

Somewhere between 15 and 20. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2