What is funnier in this Panthers 1st day of mini camp article?

Believe what you want but GMs don't trade away FQBs on their rookie contracts. Or they are terrible at their jobs. Can't have this one both ways, I'm afraid.
He wasn't a FQB....some people just can't accept that.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im sure I deserved the ban but Adam Gase drove me to madness.  Heck if u didnt get banned under the Gase regime ur not a real fan.

I hope we win but I wish Darnold the best. I'm glad he's getting a second chance. Nobody deserved Adam Gase

Darnold was ruined because of Critical Gase Theory.  I didn't have anywhere else to put this. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, genot said:

That's not a legitimate answer. He showed the ability as a sophomore to put the ball in the end zone without throwing a lot of pics. At nineteen. What happened his last year. 

I was being facetious dude.  lmao.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was being facetious dude.  lmao.  

When Darnold succeeds, it’s all him. When he fails, it’s all everybody else.

• Upvote 4
2 hours ago, jgb said:

When Darnold succeeds, it’s all him. When he fails, it’s all everybody else.

His failures are of his own making, for the most part. His sucsesses are rare and that was either a team effort or on others, and not on him.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, genot said:

His failures are of his own making, for the most part. His sucsesses are rare and that was either a team effort or on others, and not on him.

Now you're getting it!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Now you're getting it!

With proper coaching and development, and quality talent around him, his failures would be overshadowed by his sucsesses. Not saying it's going to happen in Carolina. But it's a possibility that can't be discounted.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

He wasn't a FQB....some people just can't accept that.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

And they never will.

1 hour ago, genot said:

With proper coaching and development, and quality talent around him, his failures would be overshadowed by his sucsesses. Not saying it's going to happen in Carolina. But it's a possibility that can't be discounted.

Yes, it can be discounted for all the reasons repeated over and over again. The list of QBs who have rehabilitated their careers after a start that even approaches Sam's first three years would fit on an index card. Double spaced. The list of QBs who had similar starts and stayed bad? A phone book.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, jgb said:

And they never will.

Yes, it can be discounted for all the reasons repeated over and over again. The list of QBs who have rehabilitated their careers after a start that even approaches Sam's first three years would fit on an index card. Double spaced. The list of QBs who had similar starts and stayed bad? A phone book.

Carolina isn't discounting it. Other teams who inquired about his availability didn't discount it.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, genot said:

Carolina isn't discounting it. Other teams who inquired about his availability didn't discount it.

Do you know what "discount" means? It means assign lesser value, not assign no value. 

• Upvote 1
On 6/15/2021 at 10:26 PM, The Crusher said:

To think I actually banned and couldn’t stand you. Now you are on my top ten favorite list. You like come back player of the year. You outright called the Saleh thing too. Hit me up if I can do anything to improve your stay. 

He like personalized manscaping ... meatball subs allowed to be devoured whilst trimming

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, jgb said:

Do you know what "discount" means? It means assign lesser value, not assign no value. 

Your cleverly skirting my point. Teams inquiring about Sam, considered the possibility that he could turn his career around, and trading for him was a risk worth taking. The fact that you don't think he can turn his career around, doesn't mean it's fact. 

• Upvote 1
On 6/15/2021 at 10:23 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/panthers-minicamp-observations-sam-darnold-222408462.html

1- That Sam Darnold is still throwing picks, over throwing wide open guys and looking generally terrible

or

2- Matt Rhule trying to convince himself that Darnold being absolutely awful is actually a good thing

They are both downright hysterical I cant choose.

The funniest thing is that douches like you still are dissing Darnold. You are an absolute fool to keep beating Darnold into the ground  for playing with absolute garbage for 3 years. I am here to tell you that with a competent coaching staff and competent players around him, that he is going to make dopes like you show everyone the fools you truly are..

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Eaton Beaver said:

The funniest thing is that douches like you still are dissing Darnold. You are an absolute fool to keep beating Darnold into the ground  for playing with absolute garbage for 3 years. I am here to tell you that with a competent coaching staff and competent players around him, that he is going to make dopes like you show everyone the fools you truly are..

Name calling isn't necessary. 

im watching you kristen wiig GIF

Very True.

The funniest thing is that douches like you still are dissing Geno. You are an absolute fool to keep beating Geno into the ground  for playing with absolute garbage for 2 years. I am here to tell you that with a competent coaching staff and competent players around him, that he is going to make dopes like you show everyone the fools you truly are..

Also True.

The funniest thing is that douches like you still are dissing Sanchez. You are an absolute fool to keep beating Sanchez into the ground  for playing with absolute garbage for 3 years. I am here to tell you that with a competent coaching staff and competent players around him, that he is going to make dopes like you show everyone the fools you truly are..

Another Truth Bomb!

The funniest thing is that douches like you still are dissing Chad. You are an absolute fool to keep beating Chad into the ground  for playing with absolute garbage for 5 years. I am here to tell you that with a competent coaching staff and competent players around him, that he is going to make dopes like you show everyone the fools you truly are..

You Tell 'Em!

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

You tell them Sam's dad

You know more about football than Joe Brady. You know more about offense and schemes than Kyle Shanahan. If you don't then you shouldn't talk like there could be only one view on Sam Darnold. 

2 hours ago, genot said:

Your cleverly skirting my point. Teams inquiring about Sam, considered the possibility that he could turn his career around, and trading for him was a risk worth taking. The fact that you don't think he can turn his career around, doesn't mean it's fact. 

Huh? I said his terrible first three years makes it unlikely he will ever be good. Nothing is impossible. Just admit you used the word “discount” incorrectly and we can move on. Not that hard.

On 6/22/2021 at 10:28 AM, Albaniajet said:

Sam was never in a bad situation here.  We had an elite roster and one of the best offensive minds in the league

This has got to be satire. No one could be this clueless 🙂🙂

32 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

This has got to be satire. No one could be this clueless 🙂🙂

It was probably meant as satire but I actually agree with him. Sam is LUCKY to have been on a terrible Jets team. That “poor little Sammy” narrative convinced Carolina to foolishly trigger his 5th year option for $20M. If Sam spent the last 3 seasons anywhere else, he’d be on the Rosen/Trubisky pathway now. A backup somewhere having to prove himself. That $20M he is now guaranteed will probably represent like 80% of his future earnings in the sport.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Huh? I said his terrible first three years makes it unlikely he will ever be good. Nothing is impossible. Just admit you used the word “discount” incorrectly and we can move on. Not that hard.

I. used the word discount incorrectly. Now admit that they're are two legitimate schools of thought on what Sam can do in the future, and why he failed here with the Jet's. Not that hard.

3 minutes ago, genot said:

I. used the word discount incorrectly. Now admit that they're are two legitimate schools of thought on what Sam can do in the future, and why he failed here with the Jet's. Not that hard.

I admit there is a chance that Sam could turn it around. Somewhere in the low single digit range. But CAR still way overpaid in net present value terms for that chance.

I never said otherwise but there it is again.

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

I admit there is a chance that Sam could turn it around. Somewhere in the low single digit range. But CAR still way overpaid in net present value terms for that chance.

I never said otherwise but there it is again.

I don't for the life of me understand why it's so hard to admit that he could turn it around. To the point of assigning percentages on his chances. 

3 minutes ago, genot said:

I don't for the life of me understand why it's so hard to admit that he could turn it around. To the point of assigning percentages on his chances. 

Because that is the percentage of terrible young QBs that turn it around.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, genot said:

Sure.  But the fact that he went for a 2022 second rounder and change is a clear sign that teams out there were hedging when it came to establishing his value.  A 2022 second rounder was just a 2021 third on the chart, after all. 

And if that's the most the Panthers were willing to yield, then a lot of other teams probably had very little interest for anything more than a mid rounder.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Just like Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith did!

Odds are he's not showing any of us up.  Will he perform better than he did in NY?  Probably.  It's hard to do worse than QB36 like last season, Christian McCaffrey is a heck of a security blanket and I like the Rhule/Brady combo in Carolina more than most. 

But will that mean top 15 or 20 QB play?  Absolutely not.  If he had that potential he'd have shown it already.  After all, despite these same awful circumstances Darnold played under here, the carcass of Joe Flacco looked competent compared to Darnold under center.  The OL and WR's performed much better with Flacco than with Darnold.  Probably because Flacco, even at 35 and with one foot in retirement, was competent and Darnold is not.  

Good luck Carolina!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, genot said:

You know more about football than Joe Brady. You know more about offense and schemes than Kyle Shanahan. If you don't then you shouldn't talk like there could be only one view on Sam Darnold. 

Those that are good at coaching also tend to have giant egos.  They tend to think they can fix any QB.  Just because a coaching staff might have an offensive genius or 2 doesn't mean they always get it right with QB evaluation or get every QB to play well.  Just look at Sean McVay with Jared Goff.  Or Andy Reid with Kevin Kolb, Vince Young and Michael Vick in Philly.  

10 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

If this is true, then the biggest fool is JD who could’ve used the #2 for help elsewhere if he had an undercover, secret FQB-in-hiding all along.

9 hours ago, genot said:

People should need to pass a football knowledge test to share an opinion on the Internet!! If they don’t know as much as an NFL HC or coordinator — no posting allowed, sucka!!

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure.  But the fact that he went for a 2022 second rounder and change is a clear sign that teams out there were hedging when it came to establishing his value.  A 2022 second rounder was just a 2021 third on the chart, after all. 

And if that's the most the Panthers were willing to yield, then a lot of other teams probably had very little interest for anything more than a mid rounder.

What Sam was worth to San Fran or WFt is kinda a hard question to answer. They inquired about Sam, when Douglas still wasn't completely sure what he do, based on all the evaluations on Wilson. Those teams, moved on and decided on other options

3 hours ago, jgb said:

People should need to pass a football knowledge test to share an opinion on the Internet!! If they don’t know as much as an NFL HC or coordinator — no posting allowed, sucka!!

I agree with you completely.When I read some posts, however, the Darnold is trash crowd, are just way too sure of themselves on him. To me, it's fair to point out that a school of knowledgeable football people, see it another way.

11 minutes ago, genot said:

I agree with you completely.When I read some posts, however, the Darnold is trash crowd, are just way too sure of themselves on him. To me, it's fair to point out that a school of knowledgeable football people, see it another way.

When you have a historical failure rate of 99% for QBs who started their careers like Darnold, it's right to be confident.