What is funnier in this Panthers 1st day of mini camp article?

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I said I dont agree.  

So youre now saying a QB does need weapons?  

I’ve explained this a thousand times. You already said you disagree. I can live with that just fine.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Hes had a great career and been blessed to work with top tier QBs. Both things can be true.

Thats not the point, you made it out to be that without the QBs he was with he was Anderson.

You need to stick to a point. 

But Im done, later

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You just cant admit you point was dead wrong and your analogy was even further from the truth.

I tried.

So you’re not done. You don’t even agree with yourself. ? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And coming back after posting a gif waving goodbye says what?  Other than you did one and the same ?

It was a joke. That I immediately realized you’d take very badly — unfortunately you apparently had the shortest nap ever and replied as I was editing it to simply say simply “goodnight.” So — goodnight (maybe?)

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats not the point, you made it out to be that without the QBs he was with he was Anderson.

You need to stick to a point. 

But Im done, later

Went back and read it — Yeah I was conflating Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton with the comment that he’d be Robby Anderson without an elite QB. That’s my bad. Your strong response to that comment was warranted ? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Went back and read it — Yeah I was conflating Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton with the comment that he’d be Robby Anderson without an elite QB. That’s my bad. Your strong response to that comment was warranted ? 

Accepted, it happens

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats a fantasy.

The Jets moved on because Sam sucked.  You actually believe if Sam played well, showed promise and improvement they still would have traded him?  

It didnt seem to be a difficult situation, it was the smart decision.

If the Jet's we're picking 5th in the draft, he would still be here. Rhe decision was made easier because of Wilson and his skillset fitting the new scheme.

1 hour ago, genot said:

If the Jet's we're picking 5th in the draft, he would still be here. Rhe decision was made easier because of Wilson and his skillset fitting the new scheme.

The decision was easy because Wilson hasnt busted.

Darnold has

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, genot said:

Ah right, another poster who takes Joe Douglas' words in public at face value.

You have no actual clue whatsoever that the Jets picking at 5 would have kept Darnold here.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, genot said:

He busted with the Jet's. Anybody else would have two.

No anyone else wouldnt have anymore than holding out hope that somehow Sam turns it around and becomes the QB he was in his sophomore year at USC

On 6/26/2021 at 8:18 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

lmao.

Totes, Pat Mahomes would have been a complete bust here.  Not a top 5 or 10 QB.  Certainly not.  A total bust and on to another team.

To be a Darnold defender at this point you have to adopt the very nihilistic view that nothing we do matters because Jets would destroy anyone who comes here. And they call people who say Darnold sucks “not a real Jets fan.”

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

To be a Darnold defender at this point you have to adopt the very nihilistic view that nothing we do matters because Jets would destroy anyone who comes here. And they call people who say Darnold sucks “not a real Jets fan.”

What the organization has done for Zach Wilson matters. What the Jet's did or didn't do for Darnold matters.

2 minutes ago, genot said:

What the organization has done for Zach Wilson matters. What the Jet's did or didn't do for Darnold matters.

Then you must think JD is an idiot for not just keeping Sam and using that 2nd overall pick on another weapon. You admit he’s doing a good job surrounding Zach with talent — what did he do brain fart and go full moron on the Sam decision?

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Then you must think JD is an idiot for not just keeping Sam and using that 2nd overall pick on another weapon. You admit he’s doing a good job surrounding Zach with talent — what did he do brain fart and go full moron on the Sam decision?

Finances played a part. An open question about Sam's decision making played another part. Like i said before. If it was any QB other than TL or Wilson. Sam would still be here. I take JD at his word. It wasn't an easy decision.

19 minutes ago, genot said:

Finances played a part. An open question about Sam's decision making played another part. Like i said before. If it was any QB other than TL or Wilson. Sam would still be here. I take JD at his word. It wasn't an easy decision.

You shouldn't.  It's just wishful thinking on your part that really doesn't make any sense.  Why do you NEED Darnold to have been good or someone Douglas wanted to keep?  He's gone, who cares?

And finances shouldn't have played a part at all.  If Douglas thought Darnold could be "the guy", then a $20M+ fifth year option would have been cheap compared to what other franchise QB's make.  

Joe Douglas didn't believe in Sam Darnold.  Just accept it.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, genot said:

I take JD at his word. It wasn't an easy decision.

"Jamal is an unbelievable player. We're excited about Jamal. The plan is for Jamal to be a Jet for life," Douglas said of his now-fourth-year playmaker and two-time Pro Bowler in the deep middle of his defense. "We've had some preliminary talks with his agent. I'm not going to get into the specifics of that. But the plan is for Jamal to be here a long time."

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You shouldn't.  It's just wishful thinking on your part that really isn't necessary.

And finances shouldn't have played a part at all.  If Douglas thought Darnold could be "the guy", then a $20M+ fifth year option would have been cheap compared to what other franchise QB's make.  

Joe Douglas didn't believe in Sam Darnold.  Just accept it.

If the Jet's weren't in a position to draft Wilson. Sam would still be here. Do you agree. Yes or No.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I do not.  I think Douglas' plan was to move on from Darnold regardless of draft position.  

In all seriousness. I think JD was enamoured with Wilson. The trading of Sam was made difficult because of a split in the organization on what to do at QB.  i think he had Wilson as a higher level prospect and when Zack checked all the boxes, it was bye bye Sam.And the finances made it an easier decision for him. We see how he handles contracts and Woody's money.

29 minutes ago, genot said:

In all seriousness. I think JD was enamoured with Wilson. The trading of Sam was made difficult because of a split in the organization on what to do at QB.  i think he had Wilson as a higher level prospect and when Zack checked all the boxes, it was bye bye Sam.And the finances made it an easier decision for him. We see how he handles contracts and Woody's money.

The fact is that Darnold's contract was expiring after 2020.  And Joe Douglas does not strike me as a guy who was going to hand Darnold his 5th year option when there was no reason to.  Thus, whether the QB of the future was Wilson or somebody else, it made perfect sense to trade Darnold while he still could recoup some draft picks, rather than keep him for another year and maybe earn a compensatory pick in 2022.  

The finances indeed made it easier to move on from Darnold, but perhaps not in the way you're thinking.  

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, genot said:

"We were very high on Josh Rosen and certainly we were fine to keep him," General Manager Steve Keim said. "I think there were a number of things that went into (trading him), a sliding scale. ... Our goal all along was to get four players in our top 50. Not only did we do that, we got four players in our top 35, which about as good as I have seen with us recently. All of us are big fans of Josh Rosen. We wish him well and I think he'll have a heck of a career in the NFL."

"I like the rookie quarterback [Deshonne Kizer] who is here now," Dorsey said upon taking the Browns GM role.

He dumped Kizer soon thereafter to the Packers in exchange for part-time player and first-round disappointment himself, CB Damarious Randall.

“We are not kicking him to the curb.”

John Elway, two days before kicking Paxton Lynch to the curb.

Used car salesmen must love you.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The fact is that Darnold's contract was expiring after 2020.  And Joe Douglas does not strike me as a guy who was going to hand Darnold his 5th year option when there was no reason to.  Thus, whether the QB of the future was Wilson or somebody else, it made perfect sense to trade Darnold while he still could recoup some draft picks, rather than keep him for another year and maybe earn a compensatory pick in 2022.  

The finances indeed made it easier to move on from Darnold, but perhaps not in the way you're thinking.  

"Whether it was Wilson or someone else". I don't believe his thinking was anybody but Sam. Neither one of us we're in a position to know for sure, so you could be right. What we do know is that their was a spit about whether to move on from Sam. Who those we're in the organization. We don't really know. That possibly could explain why it took so long to deal him. Other teams made inquiries, but reports we're that they,(the jet's) weren't quite sure about trading him at the time. A time when other QB's were being moved.

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

"We were very high on Josh Rosen and certainly we were fine to keep him," General Manager Steve Keim said. "I think there were a number of things that went into (trading him), a sliding scale. ... Our goal all along was to get four players (with the first round) in our top 50. Not only did we do that, we got four players in our top 35, which about as good as I have seen with us recently.

"All of us are big fans of Josh Rosen. We wish him well and I think he'll have a heck of a career in the NFL."

"I like the rookie quarterback [Deshonne Kizer] who is here now," Dorsey said "Coming out in the draft we [as Chiefs GM] actually brought him up as one of the four or five quarterbacks in terms of the 30 player visits."

He dumped Kizer soon thereafter to the Packers in exchange for part-time player and first-round disappointment himself, CB Damarious Randall.

“We are not kicking him [Paxton Lynch] to the curb.”

John Elway, two days before kicking him to the curb.

Imoved.I bit my cars new. Currently druve a 2018, Subaru BRZ. 

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

"We were very high on Josh Rosen and certainly we were fine to keep him," General Manager Steve Keim said. "I think there were a number of things that went into (trading him), a sliding scale. ... Our goal all along was to get four players (with the first round) in our top 50. Not only did we do that, we got four players in our top 35, which about as good as I have seen with us recently.

"All of us are big fans of Josh Rosen. We wish him well and I think he'll have a heck of a career in the NFL."

"I like the rookie quarterback [Deshonne Kizer] who is here now," Dorsey said "Coming out in the draft we [as Chiefs GM] actually brought him up as one of the four or five quarterbacks in terms of the 30 player visits."

“We are not kicking him [Paxton Lynch] to the curb.”

John Elway, two days before kicking him to the curb.

I butchered the spelling in my post. Oops.

6 minutes ago, genot said:

"Whether it was Wilson or someone else". I don't believe his thinking was anybody but Sam. Neither one of us we're in a position to know for sure, so you could be right. What we do know is that their was a spit about whether to move on from Sam. Who those we're in the organization. We don't really know. That possibly could explain why it took so long to deal him. Other teams made inquiries, but reports we're that they,(the jet's) weren't quite sure about trading him at the time. A time when other QB's were being moved.

I’ve never seen a more flawed understanding of how a negotiation works.

• Upvote 1