**Jets Minicamp 6/16**

46 minutes ago, Lith said:

yup.  I expect Kroft will get plenty of reps, primarily as a blocking tight end, but I don't see him playing a major role as a receiver.  If we are going to feature a TE in the passing game, I would expect it to be Herndon.  Given our depth at WR (when have we ever been able to say that in recent years) and weakness at the TE position, I don't see a ton of targets going to any TE.

This is the truest assessment of the likely situation we’re in this season. Can’t fix it all in one year. 

we don’t have a long term solution at TE. Ertz, or Hayden? Please…. I don’t know Joe personally but I know that’s not his MO. 

good news: next years TE class is juicy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is the truest assessment of the likely situation we’re in this season. Can’t fix it all in one year. 

we don’t have a long term solution at TE. Ertz, or Hayden? Please…. I don’t know Joe personally but I know that’s not his MO. 

good news: next years TE class is juicy. 

Here's the bad news, there is still a season this year. Jets need to close that hole at TE somehow. Kroft isn't going to cut it. 

• Thumb Down 1