14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I need to read up one post above, where I quoted Lith and think about that some. 

It’s time we all stopped looking at the team through that lens. Too much confirmation-bias and toxic takes. 

Look, all I know is that I'm tired of waiting for players to shine.  If you got the stuff, fu*kin' show it.  There are still folks on this board who swear Darnold is a star.  Just lacked (insert one of 1.5 million excuses here).   There were a bunch of rookies last season who made an impact in the league.  Mims wasn't one of them.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woody just needs to sign the checks and stay the heck out of the way. Let Douglas make every decision regarding this team 

Outta bounce?

Death to shorts that reach the knee.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

It's not an easy job fellas. I'm not being a Debbie Downer just saying give them a chance for their balls to drop

Herm, Mangini, Rex all 1st year HCs, mostly inexperienced staffs and all three made the playoffs in year 1.

Maybe 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Look, all I know is that I'm tired of waiting for players to shine.  If you got the stuff, fu*kin' show it.  There are still folks on this board who swear Darnold is a star.  Just lacked (insert one of 1.5 million excuses here).   There were a bunch of rookies last season who made an impact in the league.  Mims wasn't one of them.  

Few do when you compare those who do to the # of draftees.

Its nice to say "If you got the stuff, fu*kin' show it".  Too bad it doesnt usually work that way.   Like when we had GMs here looking to trade Quinnen for a 3rd

• Like 2
3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

My sources are telling me Captain Morgan has been the best QB in camp but nobody wants to admit it. 

You got one person to agree

So theres two of you that are wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You got one person to agree

So theres two of you that are wrong.

My sources are legit, so legit they’re too legit too quit.  

56 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Lol you are beyond biased...your opinion can be taken on anything or anyone other than him and be viewed as objective.

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

So Tom Brady hasn’t made a bad throw yet in mini camp?

defenders haven’t blocked a Mahones throw?

I honestly don’t know, haven’t read anything about their camps.  but I would be quite confident defenses in practices against them make plays too.  
I’m must concede though, my ZW bias can have me inaccurately believing that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

My sources are legit, so legit they’re too legit too quit.  

Whos your source, MC Hammer? 😁

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Lol you are beyond biased...your opinion can be taken on anything or anyone other than him and be viewed as objective.

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

And you've negged rep any and all optimistic posts by fans excited to hear Wilson had a great camp or that any players have.

6 hours ago, choon328 said:

Here's the bad news, there is still a season this year. Jets need to close that hole at TE somehow. Kroft isn't going to cut it. 

No, but neither Ertz nor Hurst would "close" the hole.  I'm not against adding a TE if one slips through the cracks but not for draft capital, and certainly not with the expectation that the hole can get "closed" this offseason.

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, but neither Ertz nor Hurst would "close" the hole.  I'm not against adding a TE if one slips through the cracks but not for draft capital, and certainly not with the expectation that the hole can get "closed" this offseason.

This.

If we go for the stretch move and try to force a fit, our TE hole will only get bigger, IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, choon328 said:

This season is not about the "team success", it's about developing a ******* rookie QB. An idea some of you seem to be allergic to.

Zach Ertz isn't going to speed up Zach Wilson's development.  Either Wilson can play or he can't.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Herm, Mangini, Rex all 1st year HCs, mostly inexperienced staffs and all three made the playoffs in year 1.

Maybe 

Like I said I'm just being realistic it's not that I'm not optimistic. There's been a lot of change man.

I just don't want to have high hopes while they're still working out the kinks.

Maybe after all these years instead of having expectations I just want to be pleasantly surprised?

I would much rather see Bat Out of Hell than Keystone Cops but I think it's fair to give all the rookies, players and coaches alike, a little leeway to get into the groove.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Sam Darnold being terrible at football is one big reason you think Mims doesn't have it.

When paired with Flacco for 2 games last year, he put up high-end rookie numbers.  Easy to forget.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach Ertz isn't going to speed up Zach Wilson's development.  Either Wilson can play or he can't.  

Zach Ertz would be a nice red zone target for any QB. 

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Like I said I'm just being realistic it's not that I'm not optimistic. There's been a lot of change man.

I just don't want to have high hopes while they're still working out the kinks.

Maybe after all these years instead of having expectations I just want to be pleasantly surprised?

I would much rather see Bat Out of Hell than Keystone Cops but I think it's fair to give all the rookies, players and coaches alike, a little leeway to get into the groove.

Well just saying we've done it so its doable, as low as the chances seem today

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Didn't you hear? He's not 25 or under and wasn't drafted by the Jets so they don't want him. 

I can't wait for mid season and the same guys killing JD for not adressing TE as we watch Herndon drop passes and underwhelm like the other TE's on the roster. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

At one time, sure, he would have been.  Except you're not getting 2017-19 Zach Ertz, who had 22 TDs in that span.  You're far more likely to get 2020 Zach Ertz, who only caught 1 TD in 11 games. 

And you'd have to give up draft capital for that privilege.  That's the part that's important here, as its not as simple as just saying "Ertz is better than what we have, so go sign him".  If Philly finds no trade partner and is forced to cut him, or perhaps offers him up for something like a conditional 6th/7th, then sure, maybe you kick the tires there and see what he has left.  But nothing more than that.  

• Upvote 4
12 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Didn't you hear? He's not 25 or under and wasn't drafted by the Jets so they don't want him. 

I can't wait for mid season and the same guys killing JD for not adressing TE as we watch Herndon drop passes and underwhelm like the other TE's on the roster. 

Ertz had a 50 % catch rate last season.  I'm sure one of the TEs on the roster can beat that.  Kroft's career catch rate is 68 %.  Herndon's is 69 % despite horrid QB play.

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At one time, sure, he would have been.  Except you're not getting 2017-19 Zach Ertz, who had 22 TDs in that span.  You're far more likely to get 2020 Zach Ertz, who only caught 1 TD in 11 games. 

And you'd have to give up draft capital for that privilege.  That's the part that's important here, as its not as simple as just saying "Ertz is better than what we have, so go sign him".  If Philly finds no trade partner and is forced to cut him, or perhaps offers him up for something like a conditional 6th/7th, then sure, maybe you kick the tires there and see what he has left.  But nothing more than that.  

He was battling injuries last year. I doubt we’d be getting 2020 Ertz unless he gets injured again.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So Tom Brady hasn’t made a bad throw yet in mini camp?

defenders haven’t blocked a Mahones throw?

I honestly don’t know, haven’t read anything about their camps.  but I would be quite confident defenses in practices against them make plays too.  
I’m must concede though, my ZW bias can have me inaccurately believing that. 

he's NOT tom brady

he's NOT mahomes

not yet anyway

those guys can throw bad passes all through camp because they are PROVEN.

How about he plays 1 game first before we set the bar so high shall we?

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ertz had a 50 % catch rate last season.  I'm sure one of the TEs on the roster can beat that.  Kroft's career catch rate is 68 %.  Herndon's is 69 % despite horrid QB play.

Now do the 3 years before last season. 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I agree, that getting Ertz doesn't guarantee anything. He was definitely not good last year. But he was hurt and playing alongside an emerging, younger TE in Goedert in an offense that was pretty non-functional. 

If you give up a late round pick for him you may get a washed up vet TE or you may get the 2019 version of Ertz which was 88-900-6, which is infinitely better than what anyone on this roster could give us. Personally, I prefer Hurst. His upside isn't as high, but he is younger and healthier. 

39 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Now do the 3 years before last season. 

So he's the same TE as 2017-19?  Or are we getting the 2020 version?  Not a risk I'm willing to entertain for anything but a late conditional pick.  

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, GreenFish said:

He was battling injuries last year. I doubt we’d be getting 2020 Ertz unless he gets injured again.

TE's are constantly getting injured.  Especially ones that are on the wrong side of 30.  It comes with the territory for the position.  So you have to factor that in when giving up draft capital.

• Upvote 3

We have a tight end in Kroft who is making plays all over the place and can block too.  But jet fans want to bring in a washed up Ertz.  And actually waste a draft pick to trade for him.

The tight end spot is fine for this year.  Joe D will address the position in next years draft.

• Upvote 3
15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude, check the calendar. It’s not 2019. He was abysmal last year, on a team with a WR corps that was decimated. Trust me, I had him in fantasy. He was no show, anywhere on the field. I think that mule Richard Rogers finished with more redzone looks than Ertz. 

He’s done. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have a tight end in Kroft who is making plays all over the place and can block too.  But jet fans want to bring in a washed up Ertz.  And actually waste a draft pick to trade for him.

The tight end spot is fine for this year.  Joe D will address the position in next years draft.

How about we break even and acknowledge Ertz & Kroft both suck enough not to change a damn thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
I don't even understand this conversation about Ertz...he is not a good fit for this team.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2