Fowler: Jets and Moses making progress

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also suggests that they are serious about supporting their rookie QB.  No guarantee that Wilson will succeed, but if he doesn't we will not be debating whether he really got a chance.

Sounds like we are getting closer.  Mods - feel free to merge with other Moses threads, just thought that updated report of progress warranted a separate thread.

Boys, maybe it's my rose(and green) colored glasses, but this significant push to sign Moses tells me that the staff and JD think they have enough talent to be competitive this year 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This is definitely what it is.

Fair play to Douglas - He's done everything that Mac didn't do in terms of surrounding the young QB with talent. Wilson is in a good situation. 

Knew you'd come around on him eventually.  :)

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Boys, maybe it's my rose(and green) colored glasses, but this significant push to sign Moses tells me that the staff and JD think they have enough talent to be competitive this year 

Yup and it tells us that they will be in the market for other players to fill holes (TE and CB). 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yup and it tells us that they will be in the market for other players to fill holes (TE and CB). 

I’m not sure it does  but damn, give me a day on it and I could  come around. 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Interesting how the strong push came after Crowder agreed to a pay cut. Just playing the role of a fan putting the dots together here, but I’d say JD knew what & why he was asking for the pay cut.

• Upvote 3
18 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I personally think this is just more insurance  that we can get a real evaluation on Zack as compared to what happened with Darnold. 

Would love it btw. I don't  think qe really need him as much as we need say a DB but anything that will upgrade the OL, you can't complain

• Upvote 1
Just now, More Cowbell said:

I personally think this is just more insurance  that we can get a real evaluation on Zack as compared to what happened with Darnold. 

Would love it btw. I don't  think qe really need him as much as we need say a DB but anything that will upgrade the OL, you can't complain

That's part of it, but I personally don't think OL projected to start right this second is a bad unit or something that would be so bad you couldn't get a real read on Wilson. 

I think it's a combination of we have more talent than some believe , insurance for Becton and  security blanket for Wilson.  

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

.... Jesus. 

and I like Nania but I don’t agree. I think Fant suits better as a back up swing tackle if Moses is a Jet. 

you put your best players on the field - Moses is better.

Let’s just see how bad the RG spot looks before we do something this desperate.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Lith said:

If I am Fant, I am thnking that if I lose my job to this guy, I am going to make him pay for the jersey #.

This works out well if he forgets his jersey.  Is number 76 available?

Edit:  Oh, it's Fant.  It might be a doubly bad day for him.

The right side would probably be Moses (RT) and Fant (RG).  Moses as a free agent

has leverage and would want to play his natural position

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, KRL said:

The right side would probably be Moses (RT) and Fant (RG).  Moses as a free agent

has leverage and would want to play his natural position

Has Fant ever started at G in his entire career?

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What’s the purpose of this signing then? He’s not getting signed to be a backup.

I sure hope Becton's injury isn't worse than reported.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

.... Jesus. 

and I like Nania but I don’t agree. I think Fant suits better as a back up swing tackle if Moses is a Jet. 

you put your best players on the field - Moses is better.

Let’s just see how bad the RG spot looks before we do something this desperate.

Agreed.  If we bring Moses in, play him at RT.  Fant can compete for the RG spot, and he has also played LT in Seattle, so he can back up both tackle spots.  There is value in having depth,something we have been lacking for the last decade.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What’s the purpose of this signing then? He’s not getting signed to be a backup.

To start at either RT or RG, presumably. Most likely RT.

I'm guessing Fant becomes the backup/swing tackle and steps in for Becton if he can't stay healthy.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1