Fowler: Jets and Moses making progress

Lith

55 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ce475b6678724fa8529b17d636701cfd.jpegCan you imagine if Fant doesn’t want to give up his #76?!

He can get a different number and still use his old number. I don’t see Fant giving it up. He’s a veteran and shouldn’t have to.

Moses can go with #  77-1 

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

I think GVR is your starting right Guard. Good pass blocker, below average run blocker. Put him next to a road grader like Moses and all of a sudden his run blocking improves. Kind of like Elflein when he started next to Becton. 

The money they're paying Fant this year means nothing. Moses is an obvious upgrade and if last year is any indication Fant will be needed a bunch to relieve Becton at LT. One positional group JD has never been cheap with is the offensive line so I doubt he cares if his swing tackle is making $9 million this year. 

The real question is what dominoes fall after this to address TE. I think this FO is going to move quickly to improve this team before training camp. 

Backup QB, edge, CB, LB, TE, G, RT

That’s a lot of coin.

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Boys, maybe it's my rose(and green) colored glasses, but this significant push to sign Moses tells me that the staff and JD think they have enough talent to be competitive this year 

Interesting, maybe it's the SOJ fan in me but I immediately thought, sh*t, Becton's injury is serious.  lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Boys, maybe it's my rose(and green) colored glasses, but this significant push to sign Moses tells me that the staff and JD think they have enough talent to be competitive this year 

LOl ? What team doesn’t proclaim this. Reality ‘Well we’re gonna really suck but come on down anyways and spend your hard earned cash and see us get trampled.’ 

Illusion ‘we feel really good about our team and believe we can compete for a wild card or division title’. 

Same byte from last year under Gase. And indeed, we did compete. It’s just it was for the #1 pick in the draft ?

Anyways love the optimism. I was crazy positive last year so I am resigned to hold it back right now. I think we will be much much better - say around 7-10/8-9. Would be ground breaking to win 10 and sneak into playoffs. 

36 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

They signed Charles Leno when the Bears released him and then released Moses.

It's really that they drafted Samuel Cosmi last year and he plays RT. Leno got a 1 yr $5 mil deal to play LT. Moses had no guaranteed money left on his contract and the release saved the Redskins about $8 million this year and next. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Interesting, maybe it's the SOJ fan in me but I immediately thought, sh*t, Becton's injury is serious.  lol

Jiff your not old enough to be a SOJF you must have lived through at least the 70's at a age where you knew what was going on for that status. But you do qualify as a Debbie downer..

EducatedGrouchyBittern.webp

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

I think GVR is your starting right Guard. Good pass blocker, below average run blocker. Put him next to a road grader like Moses and all of a sudden his run blocking improves. Kind of like Elflein when he started next to Becton. 

The money they're paying Fant this year means nothing. Moses is an obvious upgrade and if last year is any indication Fant will be needed a bunch to relieve Becton at LT. One positional group JD has never been cheap with is the offensive line so I doubt he cares if his swing tackle is making $9 million this year. 

The real question is what dominoes fall after this to address TE. I think this FO is going to move quickly to improve this team before training camp. 

Not when his LT only takes up 4M on the cap. He'd be spending 13M/year on his LT & swing combined, and that's perfectly livable

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Food Drink Mac GIF

Heard a story from a friend who manages the McDonald's in Secaucus. Said Macc would come in every day and insist on negotiating the price of his lunch. He never paid a penny more than $40 for a Value Meal!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/18/2021 at 12:49 AM, HighPitch said:

Maybe theyre setting the stage for a becton trade?!

imagine even more draft pics

Getting flack, but idk seems like he showed up fat and ive heard rumors hes not in love with fb so why not trade the slouch? Weve got lots of draft picks so bye bye

On 6/18/2021 at 11:42 AM, Dcat said:

You can add that one to my Darnold rookie jersey.  Wasted all my "jets points" + another $90 bucks for that.  It doesn't even wash the car well. 

That will scratch the car.

Do what I might do with all my old jerseys. 

Drive down to where the day laborers hang out and start handing them out. 

I have at least 20 I could give away. 

You will see all NY Jets fans around town. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

A crappy gm like Mac would have over paid Moses and hed be here already.  But we have a gm that understands he needs to build this roster for sustained success.

This Jets team is becoming the steelers, ravens, pats etc.  We are going to be competing for a Super Bowl every year moving forward.

Moses might come here.  But its going to be on Joe Douglas’s terms not Moses’ agent’s terms.

A crappy gm like Mac would have over paid Moses and hed be here already.  But we have a gm that understands he needs to build this roster for sustained success.
This Jets team is becoming the steelers, ravens, pats etc.  We are going to be competing for a Super Bowl every year moving forward.
Moses might come here.  But its going to be on Joe Douglas’s terms not Moses’ agent’s terms.
Which means likely not but that's fine, we can draft one next year that will fill that role for a much longer period of time than Moses would have.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

24 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Lots of bs in this post

Bs really how so? Im being serious 100%. If he has a bad attitude, wont put forth effort, why not trade his lazy fat ass for a pic and reset the clock and get a responsible LT in the the next draft

53 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Which means likely not but that's fine, we can draft one next year that will fill that role for a much longer period of time than Moses would have.

Im not sure about that because at some point, Moses is going to want to play and cash a check.

Joe D is patient.  When Moses realizes that no other team can pay him what he wants, he might just come back and take Joe D’s fair offer.

Im not sure about that because at some point, Moses is going to want to play and cash a check.
Joe D is patient.  When Moses realizes that no other team can pay him what he wants, he might just come back and take Joe D’s fair offer.
Why are you so sure that noone else can pay him? There have been many cases where players take less to play where they want if that's the case
.......ask juju

And I'm sure that at least one other team is in the mix

Bs really how so? Im being serious 100%. If he has a bad attitude, wont put forth effort, why not trade his lazy fat ass for a pic and reset the clock and get a responsible LT in the the next draft
It's bs because of all the 'ifs"

Just a lot of assumptions, bad attitude, lazy, won't put forth the effort, heard rumors, slouch, not in love with football, etc....you can't be serious when the basis of your statement is all about..

IF