Jump to content

Fowler: Jets and Moses making progress


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Bs really how so? Im being serious 100%. If he has a bad attitude, wont put forth effort, why not trade his lazy fat ass for a pic and reset the clock and get a responsible LT in the the next draft

Not sure he has a bad attitude. I’m not sure he’s necessarily lazy either. Certainly fat and soft as baby poop though, 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also suggests that they are serious about supporting their rookie QB.  No guarantee that Wilson will succeed, but if he doesn't we will not be debating whether he really got a chance.

Sounds like we are getting closer.  Mods - feel free to merge with other Moses threads, just thought that updated report of progress warranted a separate thread.

Boys, maybe it's my rose(and green) colored glasses, but this significant push to sign Moses tells me that the staff and JD think they have enough talent to be competitive this year 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

That will scratch the car.

Do what I might do with all my old jerseys. 

Drive down to where the day laborers hang out and start handing them out. 

I have at least 20 I could give away. 

You will see all NY Jets fans around town. 

Day laborers have dignity and wouldn’t accept a Jets jersey :-)

on Monday I paid 250 bucks for 8 hours of day labor. Wages going up. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Not sure he has a bad attitude. I’m not sure he’s necessarily lazy either. Certainly fat and soft as baby poop though, 

A bad attitude would encompass resistance to getting in shape. Somethings going on imo, its more than a foot injury

Link to post
Share on other sites

All this is speculation at this point. Let’s wait and see the condition Becton comes to camp in. Let’s not start the trade Becton conversation as yet as some started the same conversation about Quinnen last year. Now he is one of the corner stones of this team and is untouchable IMO 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2021 at 11:52 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

Boys, maybe it's my rose(and green) colored glasses, but this significant push to sign Moses tells me that the staff and JD think they have enough talent to be competitive this year 

Within reason I'd imagine so? Most objective fans probably think the Jets could win somewhere between 6 and 9 games? If I had to guess I'd imagine that's what the coaching staff thinks also. But mostly I believe this signing has everything to do with protecting Zach Wilson. Douglas is going to protect Wilson even if the Jets aren't successful this season.....

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Not sure he has a bad attitude. I’m not sure he’s necessarily lazy either. Certainly fat and soft as baby poop though, 

You can be sure that he is a lier. Didn't like his interview. I didn't expect him to give his exact weight but not to totally lie like he did - he needs some interview preperation for sure. Just didn't like the way he came off. He can change.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

You can be sure that he is a lier. Didn't like his interview. I didn't expect him to give his exact weight but not to totally lie like he did - he needs some interview preperation for sure. Just didn't like the way he came off. He can change.

Kinda my point. Still young and with the right guidance he can turn it around. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Not sure he has a bad attitude. I’m not sure he’s necessarily lazy either. Certainly fat and soft as baby poop though, 

Becton only has 17% body fat lol , he’s huge he’s not fat tho 

266BD311-9879-4574-9696-4FA652E50B63.png

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Adams wanted to leave, played strong safety, wanted 18 mil per year to stay with 2 years left on his current deal and forced our hand publicly over & over.

Becton is a 22 year old Left Tackle with an unheard of size/agility combination, the goods to be a pro bowler at premium position that impacts the play of the QB directly and is extremely cheap and effective for the next 5 years. (including the 5th yr option)

it makes no sense to trade way an extremely high ceiling player we just drafted at such an important position just because you heard he doesn’t love football, which seems like a huge load of sh*t to me. We also can’t rush to call players career injury prone after one rookie season playing a bit overweight and a small foot concern this spring. Ridiculous suggestion actually and unrealistic.

yeah, let’s trade away the most important part of the OL rebuild we just started a year ago.

 

This. There is so much cynicism and projection with Mekhi. His potential is enormous, hopefully we can coach him into the player you saw glimpses of last season on a consistent basis. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

This. There is so much cynicism and projection with Mekhi. His potential is enormous, hopefully we can coach him into the player you saw glimpses of last season on a consistent basis. 

Hopefully

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Adams wanted to leave, played strong safety, wanted 18 mil per year to stay with 2 years left on his current deal and forced our hand publicly over & over.

Becton is a 22 year old Left Tackle with an unheard of size/agility combination, the goods to be a pro bowler at premium position that impacts the play of the QB directly and is extremely cheap and effective for the next 5 years. (including the 5th yr option)

it makes no sense to trade way an extremely high ceiling player we just drafted at such an important position just because you heard he doesn’t love football, which seems like a huge load of sh*t to me. We also can’t rush to call players career injury prone after one rookie season playing a bit overweight and a small foot concern this spring. Ridiculous suggestion actually and unrealistic.

yeah, let’s trade away the most important part of the OL rebuild we just started a year ago.

 

Everything you said is obvious. Imy fear is that somethings up besides the foot injury. He wouldnt be the first promising nfl player to crash and burn fast. 
best case scenario he plays well in camp stays healthy and mauls then u guys can poke fun at me

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Is there any progress on this progress? 

Not a good feeling, I think if it happened it would have occurred already.  I have read somewhere the rumors started out of the Moses camp.  I hope we are not being used.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

Not a good feeling, I think if it happened it would have occurred already.  I have read somewhere the rumors started out of the Moses camp.  I hope we are not being used.

 

Sometimes it seems me as if im just being used

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

Not a good feeling, I think if it happened it would have occurred already.  I have read somewhere the rumors started out of the Moses camp.  I hope we are not being used.

 

Well then what about every other team that hasn’t signed him?  Other rumors are out there about other teams.  Same feeling many had about the Saleh hire when he left the building 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

Well then what about every other team that hasn’t signed him?  Other rumors are out there about other teams.  Same feeling many had about the Saleh hire when he left the building 

That is true, I hope you are right.  I was surprised when we got Saleh, Ill be surprised if we sign Moses

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree there's a difference between weighing a lot and being fat.  Becton is simply an enormous human being.  Not sure on his condition now but he wasn't fat at 360-370 lbs.  With that said he's still extremely heavy and that takes a toll on knees, ankles and feet over the years.  He's a guy who might burn bright for a while.....but burn short.  I have a hard time seeing him still healthy and performing well in this league when he's in his early/mid 30's.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree there's a difference between weighing a lot and being fat.  Becton is simply an enormous human being.  Not sure on his condition now but he wasn't fat at 360-370 lbs.  With that said he's still extremely heavy and that takes a toll on knees, ankles and feet over the years.  He's a guy who might burn bright for a while.....but burn short.  I have a hard time seeing him still healthy and performing well in this league when he's in his early/mid 30's.  

Your right, not at 370, I think he’s got to get to around 340 if he’s playing for any length of time. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Becton only has 17% body fat lol , he’s huge he’s not fat tho 

266BD311-9879-4574-9696-4FA652E50B63.png

Yeah I would bet that was a one time moment in his life and has steadily increased his BF over the last year. Diabetes is in his future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

That was at the combine.  Weren't there rumors he was over 400 now?  

Becton needs to see GREATER. The story of Brian Burlsworth. You ALL need to see this flick. You can catch it on Netflix.  Truly an incredible film about a walk on at Arkansas that ultimately became an All American and was drafted by the Colts in the 3rd round in 1999. Tragically lost his life at age 22.   Cmon Becton, watch and learn.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Becton needs to see GREATER. The story of Brian Burlsworth. You ALL need to see this flick. You can catch it on Netflix.  Truly an incredible film about a walk on at Arkansas that ultimately became an All American and was drafted by the Colts in the 3rd round in 1999. Tragically lost his life at age 22.   Cmon Becton, watch and learn.  

My God, aren't  we all depressed enough? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JerseyJoe67 said:

These Moses rumors have a distinct smell of the Jets being used to drive up his offers... if we were so close to signing this dude I think it would have happened , already. 

Well since the story is days old, I would say it hasn't  worked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Everything you said is obvious. Imy fear is that somethings up besides the foot injury. He wouldnt be the first promising nfl player to crash and burn fast. 
best case scenario he plays well in camp stays healthy and mauls then u guys can poke fun at me

looking forward to it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree there's a difference between weighing a lot and being fat.  Becton is simply an enormous human being.  Not sure on his condition now but he wasn't fat at 360-370 lbs.  With that said he's still extremely heavy and that takes a toll on knees, ankles and feet over the years.  He's a guy who might burn bright for a while.....but burn short.  I have a hard time seeing him still healthy and performing well in this league when he's in his early/mid 30's.  

Could be, but by the same token D'Brick struggled to hold 290# ,and was done at what? 32?

We'll see

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets are not being used for anything.  We are not desperate for a RT.  George Fant is fine there.  The Jets have given Moses and fair offer and a deadline for him to take it or it gets pulled.

Just like with Crowder.  He had until Mandatory mini camp to accept or he got cut.  He accepted.

The days of the jets front office getting pushed around and paying too much because they are desperate or over.  We control what happens with Moses on our terms.  Patience is key and Joe D has a ton of it.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Jets are not being used for anything.  We are not desperate for a RT.  George Fant is fine there.  The Jets have given Moses and fair offer and a deadline for him to take it or it gets pulled.

Just like with Crowder.  He had until Mandatory mini camp to accept or he got cut.  He accepted.

The days of the jets front office getting pushed around and paying too much because they are desperate or over.  We control what happens with Moses on our terms.  Patience is key and Joe D has a ton of it.

 

When is the deadline for Moses?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...