Has our General Manager been movin' money for Morgan Moses and not Marcus Maye? My oh my!

36 minutes ago, Lith said:

No need to make cap space for Maye.  he is franchised at $10.5M.  Long term deals are usually heavier on the back end.  Even if we give him a 4 year $50 - $55M deal, his cap hit is probably not much more than the $10.5 he is currenlty at.

Plenty of room to sign Morgan and extend Maye.

/thread

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

OT > FS

delicious.

Coming in to say the same thing. I love Maye but Moses is far more valuable than Maye on a franchise tag. If anything gets worked out with Maye it would likely lower his cap hit this year anyway so not entirely a this or that situation.

On one hand, I like the idea of more investment in the OLine, and Moses was very good here in DC and VERY reliable, playing all 16 games every year since he became the starter in his second season.

On the other, he's 30 (old for an O-lineman) and not sure he fits the youth movement we seem to be doing here.  He'd be costly (I'm ok with that).

Overall I'm good if we sign him.  Hope the deal isn't too huge $$ wise, but better to spend it than not spend it IMO.

Anything we have to do to keep Wilson safe and protected back there.  Especially early on.

With that said, I'd also like to see Maye back.  I think he's better than some think, but I wouldn't break the bank for him (or any safety not grabbing 10 INT's a year+, lol).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

No need to make cap space for Maye.  he is franchised at $10.5M.  Long term deals are usually heavier on the back end.  Even if we give him a 4 year $50 - $55M deal, his cap hit is probably not much more than the $10.5 he is currenlty at.

Would love to see both of those happen.  The final piece would be a veteran backup QB signed or traded for just before Training Camp.

I don't think we're adding a CB and I'm happy about that.  This looks like a young, talented, hungry group that is only lacking in experience at the CB spot.  I'm willing to see them stumble a bit as they grow this year rather than forcing one of these guys with a potentially good future off the team to make room for a 33 year old.

On 6/17/2021 at 2:07 PM, Warfish said:

On the other, he's 30 (old for an O-lineman)

In his defense he just turned 30 this year. Also, O-line guys often play in their early 30's to early/mid 30's with little drop off in their play. As long as he stays in shape and doesn't have lingering injuries he'll be fine. Lumbering guys can play longer than the explosive speedy guys who drop off a cliff at 30. If Moses played WR, RB, or CB I'd be skeptical of the move.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Took the words out of my mouth

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Would love to see both of those happen.  The final piece would be a veteran backup QB signed or traded for just before Training Camp.

I don't think we're adding a CB and I'm happy about that.  This looks like a young, talented, hungry group that is only lacking in experience at the CB spot.  I'm willing to see them stumble a bit as they grow this year rather than forcing one of these guys with a potentially good future off the team to make room for a 33 year old.

Saleh said yesterday that not including the Superstars, the difference between A-Z at CB is just opportunity and you'll never know if that Z guy can become A if you don't give him a shot. 

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Saleh said yesterday that not including the Superstars, the difference between A-Z at CB is just opportunity and you'll never know if that Z guy can become A if you don't give him a shot. 

This is exactly right.  They brought in a certain number of guys abs will see who rises to the top.  Smart strategy