If the Jets sign Moses does Fant ask for a trade?

AFJF

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh please. The difference is Crowder is a legit starter on any team and who knows he is playing for someone else next season  and Fant is a starter only on a team with an OL as bad as the Jets were last season. He is a very good depth guy and every team needs players like this but he is being paid a whole lot to sit and wait for someone to get hurt so I would say he should be counting his lucky stars he isn't  getting the Crowder treatment asking him to take a big pay cut. 

I agree. This is the point I was making. 

44 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Just wondering, would Fant start (or be an upgrade) on any other team in the NFL?

To me, the answer is probably 'no'.

Even as a swing Tackle, this might be the best situation for Fant (given Becton's situation).

Even though Seattle didn’t resign Fant I would think they would rather have Fant back at right tackle rather than Brandon Shell who is pretty awful 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

No. Truth is Fant will be on the field this season it’s just not clear in what spot. Between Moses or Becton, one of them dudes are missing games

Based on what should we expect Moses to miss games?  

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh please. The difference is Crowder is a legit starter on any team and who knows he is playing for someone else next season  and Fant is a starter only on a team with an OL as bad as the Jets were last season. He is a very good depth guy and every team needs players like this but he is being paid a whole lot to sit and wait for someone to get hurt so I would say he should be counting his lucky stars he isn't  getting the Crowder treatment asking him to take a big pay cut. 

Except your premise is wrong, Fant when healthy played well last season.  All the complaining about his play is pretty much off the mark

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Except your premise is wrong, Fant when healthy played well last season.  All the complaining about his play is pretty much off the mark

I agree that Fant played well last year. Now if they do sign Moses and put him at guard  I believe Fants play will improve even more

• Upvote 3