Tailgating has been confirmed; Metlife Stadium Tailgate

JetNation RV

The NY Jets sent out this press release and it has the information that season ticket holders have been waiting to here. Tailgating will return this season and the parking lots will be open 5 hours before kickoff.  Here is all of the information from the team, including a face mask update and cashless transactions.

Tailgating Will Return for Jets Home Games; Face Masks Will Not Be Required

Based on Current State Executive Order

June 17, 2021 – To ensure a safe and healthy guest experience for all fans, the Jets and MetLife Stadium have established the following protocols based on guidance from the CDC and pursuant to the current New Jersey executive order.

• FACE MASKS – As permitted by current New Jersey policies on businesses and gatherings, MetLife Stadium will operate at full capacity without a face mask requirement. Fans who are not fully vaccinated should continue to wear masks in indoor public spaces and are not required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test or show a vaccination card for entry.
  • CASH FREE TRANSACTIONS – To reduce touch points, MetLife Stadium will now operate cash-free. Cash will not be accepted at concession stands and retail locations. The Jets prefer Visa as a form of payment at MetLife Stadium. Pay with a debit or credit card using Contactless Tap to Pay or Mobile Wallet, Chip or Swipe. Reverse ATM machines will be available throughout the stadium for guests to convert cash to a prepaid Visa debit card valid for in-stadium purchases and anywhere a credit card or debit card is accepted.
  • MOBILE TICKETING – To ensure contactless entry, all tickets for Jets game at MetLife Stadium will be mobile-only. Your phone is your ticket. For more information on how to access and manage your mobile tickets, visit nyjets.com/mobileticketing.
  • TAILGATING & STADIUM ENTRY – Tailgating will be permitted. Parking lots will open (5) hours prior to kickoff and entry gates will open two hours prior to kickoff.
  • ENHANCED CLEANING & SANITIZATION – Enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been implemented throughout the stadium including the use of electrostatic sprayers and hospital-grade cleaning supplies. High-touch surfaces and high-traffic areas are continuously monitored and cleaned during and after the event. Hand sanitizer dispensers are widely available throughout the stadium at entrances, concourses, and restrooms.

*Additional Jets Gameday protocols and measures will be shared closer to the start of the season.

You can read more in our forums and see what fans are saying about the NY Jets tailgate.

The post Jets Announce Fan Gameday Safety Protocols; Tailgating is Back appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/vOyfGqiRZwk

Click here to read the full story...

1 hour ago, Billyg said:

Park in the no tailgating lot. 

I'm the one who asked for it, they did it for me.

Problem is its too far away from where I usually park.  There should be a no-tailgating zone in each parking lot.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Problem is its too far away from where I usually park.  There should be a no-tailgating zone in each parking lot.

SAR I

Want no tailgating lots go to the orchestra not a football game. 

joewilly12 

image.thumb.png.adf8b65ba1036ed93cca7aff4b1bad5e.png

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

,Want no tailgating lots go to the orchestra not a football game. 

joewilly12

I have the right to walk from my $90,000 vehicle, across the parking lot, and into my $200,000 seats in MetLife Stadium without fearing my automobile will be dented by a football, that we'll walk through the odor of burps and farts, that we'll hear Rush music, that I'll step in someone's vomit, that my wife will see behavior degrading to she/her, and that my son will hear profanity.

This is a football game, not a frat party.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I have the right to walk from my $90,000 vehicle, across the parking lot, and into my $200,000 seats in MetLife Stadium without fearing my automobile will be dented by a football, that we'll walk through the odor of burps and farts, that we'll hear Rush music, that I'll step in someone's vomit, that my wife will see behavior degrading to she/her, and that my son will hear profanity.

SAR I

Who the hell pays 90k for a POS 4 series?  

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

These aren't rights.  And you are human garbage. 

It's gonna suck for you when you finally realize some day that all this stuff goes back in the box in the end.  All of the money and assets you supposedly have accumulated will mean absolutely nothing.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

$200,000 seats? You got ripped off. You could have purchased 10 Coaches Club PSL's at $20,000 each for that price. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Your wife married you.  Which begs me to ask...what does she consider degrading? :P

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

With every post of yours, my theory that you actually drive an early 2000's 5 series is further confirmed.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So it's more important for you to exit the complex quickly after the game than to park with the "deplorales" you talk about. 

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

First, you are insufferable. Isn't it enough to just say you don't want your car damaged and not mention how much you paid for it?  

Second, how are mezzanine seats in the end zone  costing $200,000? 

Third, why would anyone take an expensive car to MetLife or any other stadium parking lot?  There are some supermarket parking lots I avoid because of the possibility of damage to my car and I drive a much less expensive car.  Taking a luxury car to a football game is just plain stupid, from the congestion, the possibility of accidents getting in and out, the likelihood of dings and dents from doors and other things.... You have so much money. Buy a "station car" to take to games.  

Fourth, I agree with you that people should keep their musical tastes within their own earshot and not beyond, but it's not the end of the world. 

Fifth, some things come with the territory of going to a football game. While I do not like some of the activity either, it is unreasonable to expect fan behavior to mold to your expectations.  If you don't want your wife or son to see and hear certain things, you may be better off at the opera than a Jets game - and that has nothing to do with tailgating.  It's a football game, not Wimbledon 

Sixth, what is wrong with frat parties?  As a Greek alum, some of my fondest memories are from parties in my frat house.  Sporting events are supposed to be fun, not like sitting in church.  You need to change your expectations. I brought my son to games starting at age 6 and fully expected and anticipated he would see and hear certain things.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

image.thumb.png.530c5f8c1299537c188a813c598c1812.png

• Haha 1